The New "Air War"...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by flyandscuba, May 31, 2007.

1. flyandscuba

flyandscuba

2. Nickotym

Nickotym BillofNeeds?NO!

3. geoffinak

geoffinak

The current system does need more funding especially in the ATC dept. However putting the burden on GA is not going to help that much and when it comes to the impact of airports, who need heavier weight bearing Runways as the new larger aircraft roll off the lines. Not to mention the gate capacity in many airports are not wide enough to allow these new model to even fit.

So the big overall impact on the Airports and Runways will be the airlines. People may think that GA is just a game but the people flying in these aircraft are usually tied to some kind of very large business or they would not be able to afford Turbo Props to the Citation X or Gulfstreams. We pay plenty of fees, fuel taxes, tie down fees, landing fees and provide jobs for the people who support this part of the industry. Plus it is almost impossible to fly to different places in this day of Grandma is wearing Tennis Shoes that provide a major risk.
    Everyone standing in line flying commercially well is getting to be like taking the model T across country in 1910. You can get from A to B do not add in C to D. The airlines and the people who use them cause most of the construction expansion and repairs required to keep airports serviced, let management pay the fees, with airline pay scales get so low you wonder why and CEO's and CAVU V.Ps's making huge salaries they are not hurting. Let them pay, if the people do not react and demand the get a dollars worth of work of a dollars tax. Well???
    Geoff

4. jacquejet

jacquejet

The first ad gives the impression that biz jets and GA in general go to the head of the line for priority handling. I haven't seen that. The second implies that GA is pure as the driven snow when it comes to adding to traffic congestion. As if!!!.

Frm my perspective, it is the vastly increased numbers of RJ flights that clog up the works in the biggest airports. A 50 seat Embraer lawn dart takes just much room as a 747-400 plus is a flying speed brake when you are behind one (though a 737 ain't much faster).

5. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

I fly a GIV and ATC service has become problematic. We are constantly slowed and vectored around the sky, to fit in a couple more airliners. I can see the set up on the TCAS as well as the controllers. We laugh about it when we start the slowdown right as the controller calls. :supergrin: A friend of mine in the local FSDO told me once that the airlines get priority and that is the way it will be from now on.

I remember the days of first come, first served.

The poorly managed airlines are looking for the government handout on the backs of the guy with a 172.

Every time I get on an airliner, it's packed to the gills, but yet the airline still isn't making money?

6. geoffinak

geoffinak

[QU
    Every time I get on an airliner, it's packed to the gills, but yet the airline still isn't making money? [/B][/QUOTE]

There airlines made their money off the business traveler, as we are not doing much business in this country, travel is way down. Plus do you think a guy who has a 5 billion dollar company is going to stand in line with the guy with athletes feet and toe jam growing out of his socks. And aunt martha who is getting her panties in a trwil because she has to go the bathroom

I am all for security but this screening is a joke, does nothing but scare the begeezees out of people and will not prevent some nut group from doing something dirty. Use reasonable precautions. But my 75 year old mother taking off tennis shoes and she is from Cleveland and back there they forgot about the emancipation proclamation.

It's real god for GA although FL180 will no longer be the safe haven it used to be. The packing of flights always leads to pissed off people too.. Not good for business.
    G.

7. Juliet Lima

Juliet Lima Hawaiian Guy

As long as your not 150+ kts slower than the aircraft that's second/behind you. :tongueout: