Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
The 92 hasn't been Wilson's new hotness for years now. They are nice, but the new hotness (so to speak) is their recently released 320 builds. Or maybe the EDC X9, though that's been out for a while too.

Plain black rear sight always. Front night sight only if you want night sights. Front fiberoptic if you want fiberoptic sights.

It's just a matter of training. 3 dots are obsolete newb setups.

If you have a broken wrist, or plain old gimpy arms: A single lamp only is acceptable in the rear sight. No white paint. Warren Tactical has a good example of such.
You might want to educate yourself on Wilsons current lineup before throwing mud. Blacked out rear sights are standard for nearly all their builds.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I’m confused. Are three dot sights for “newbs”, or are the old and outdated and used by old men?

I’m still on fixed blade sights on my revolvers. So I am not up to snuff on all the new fancy things like dots and don’t speak anything other than English, so no clue what this tritium thing is.

·
Private side
11,652 Posts
Not the Wilson version, but I have one. It's fine. I think two things drove the military to adopt it over the 1911. One was capacity the other was wanting 9 mm just like the popular kids. The 92 has since been replaced by a Sig, so...
And Italy buying F16s

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Tha
I have a 92fs compact Inox and I have really considered sending it off for the basic carry or the option with the more things done. I really just wanted to order some parts and I would do it myself but I don’t think they will just sale the parts. Here is what I’d like it to look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT
I have a 92fs compact Inox and I have really considered sending it off for the basic carry or the option with the more things done. I really just wanted to order some parts and I would do it myself but I don’t think they will just sale the parts. Here is what I’d like it to look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dayum-that's beautiful!

·
Registered
446 Posts
No doubt, Wilson makes quality stuff, but like the rest of the custom makers, over priced for what you get. As for the Beretta 92 series pistols, they're great from factory, without Wilson dolling them up. My A3 is the ONLY 9mm I keep around these days, and I've had every mfg 9mm through the years.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
I don't know as 3 dots are obsolete, but I still like the old SIG setup: white dot up front white bar under rear notch. And the Ameriglo CAP similar: big yellow square up front, little yellow line in the back.

Just use what works best for you.

Had a 92 Compact L Inox Type M, the single stack. Never should have sold that one. Right in so many ways.

Reactions: jr24

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
I don't know as 3 dots are obsolete, but I still like the old SIG setup: white dot up front white bar under rear notch. And the Ameriglo CAP similar: big yellow square up front, little yellow line in the back.

Just use what works best for you.

Had a 92 Compact L Inox Type M, the single stack. Never should have sold that one. Right in so many ways.
I agree on sights. CAP are my favorite. The other thing some of them have is the colored sight is a box, not dot, which my eyes pick up the square much better than a circle for whatever reason.

The orange circle and blacked out u notch on my EDC X9 works good too, but even then I find myself missing the green or yellow box on the CAP sights my Glocks wear.

Reactions: Zerodefect

·
I feel pretty.
4,082 Posts
Aren't some of the cap models .125'' wide as well. Not the super fat blocks. .125 is as thick as I'll go up front.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts