GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
****** Viejo
28,787 Posts
Too many people depend on me so I don't get to go away for any long periods of time. tom. :cowboy:

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Been in the middle of it since I can remember! When I retired I was looking for an off ramp! That was 5 years ago and as I continue this journey I find that less conversation and more listening is what's important. A month away from it all would be amazing!

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I enjoy time alone. Sometimes just waiting for my coffee and listening to owls hooting before dawn. Fishing. I was the only one on my hunting lease earlier in the week. I did not get a shot but saw deer and turkey. I camped out in a tent overnight. The stars were much brighter there.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I personally think it is healthy to have this quiet time. Being still with yourself is a great way to listen to your body, clear your mind, reset and disconnect from the world. I also know that being still with yourself puts your mind onto another frequency where things become a little more focused and clearer.

I've spent 7 day hunting trips up in Canada, hunting on millions of acres and I am convinced I seen animals that never saw a human before. There entire reaction to me was bewilderment and curiosity. Silence except for nature was incredible........

Reactions: inthefrey and 1L26
41 - 45 of 45 Posts