The NBA millionaires are complaining about their rooms, food

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cowboy1964, Jul 10, 2020.

1. slym2none

slym2none

You obviously did, as your post said "...and not think it is racist."

2. 1bigK

1bigK

Excuse me for having a bit of fun with the topic. But I will bet anything that out of what, 370-some players, that at least a significant number are already complaining about that very issue. Kind of hard to call a fact as racist, except by those who choose to avoid getting to close to the sun. Tell you what skippy, you do you, I am going to do me.

Sent from deep behind enemy lines in the liberal bastion of Denver, Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. GKL

GKL

Yes, who doesn't enjoy having a bit of fun with racist stereotypes about black people and fried chicken?

Absolutely side-splitting. :upeyes:

tacit mesa likes this.
  4. 1bigK

1bigK

I think some here are confusing the question of racism here. I don’t happen to have the dictionary in front of me at the moment, so let me wing it a bit.

Racism is the classifying of one group or another by particular behaviors or tendencies as a means to infer inferiority or superiority over another. The attempt to insult and put down any group by particulars.

I called a behavioral tendency that runs strong with the black race. And I never put anyone down or insulted anyone for that tendency. But for some, if you even come close then they throw the red flag and label you as guilty. I ain’t buying it.

5. 1bigK

1bigK

I happen to like fried chicken. Can’t have it but maybe 2-3 times a year, but that is besides the point. Does me liking fried chicken make me any less of a person?

6. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Remember when the Celts was the only team in the NBA with five white starters (and wait for it) and a black coach?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    FullClip and Jan R Whitaker like this.
  7. RenoF250

RenoF250

The problems is dragging out the old black stereotype - fried chicken. Why did you do that? Do you want to be labelled a racist?

Like I said I think it is stupid since it is hardly an insult in my book but in this day and age it seems like you are trying to say you are a racist.

If you want to push back on the "all whites are racists" narrative, this is not the way. If you are actually a racist - pull your head out of your ass.

tacit mesa likes this.
  8. 1bigK

1bigK

I admitted to nothing, but nice of you to put words in my mouth.

That was a sarcastic remark because I knew that someone would take offense to my post and try to label me for it. That shows me who the thin-skinned real racists are around here.

9. 1bigK

1bigK

I don’t know why. But I did know that at least one person would rise and hit the bait that was my comment regarding MBA players and fried chicken. Perhaps my stating that made some uncomfortable? So the racist flags came out.

I am pretty sure that for a comment to be racist that it needs to insult a (usually ethnic) class or group so as to democracy narrate inferiority or superiority even. And what I was stating was a fact. And that fact has been thoroughly documented and proven.

10. 1bigK

1bigK

It may be a stereotype, definitely a strong preference for sure, but it is by no means derogatory. This dietary preference has been well known and documented for a long time. Now if my saying that makes you uncomfortable, that does not give you the right to slap a derogatory label on me as a result. Unless you can show me where my stating that fact was an insult, or that it put expressed inferiority, or even superiority of an ethnic class, than your label is wrong.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  11. 1bigK

1bigK

That may be a stereotype, but even by your own words it is not racially exclusive. What I said was not an insult nor demeaning to any one race exclusively, rather it is a fact. One that has been well documented and widely known and accepted.

I said what I said in sarcasm because I know that some will see any comment that includes blacks and fried chicken as racist. I know that because I have seen it before. Maybe you would like to take a step back from your comments? Somehow I doubt that you are capable of doing that, so.,.

12. slym2none

slym2none

If liking fried chicken is only a black thing, then I am black as hell - and I am as white as the guy in my avatar. ****, I make fried chicken that can make some grown men cry out of joy.

The secret? Well, I can't give it all away, but take some cues from places that are famous for it, and brine the chicken pieces for at least 24 hours before cooking. Put most of your seasonings in the brine, and leave the breading for just salt & pepper.

I have other secrets, but I don't give them out easily. I will give one out here - most recipes say to dip the chicken in buttermilk, then shake off the excess before dropping in the flour. I say, use the buttermilk as the brine base instead of water, and DO NOT SHAKE OFF THE EXCESS. Throw the chicken in the flour dripping wet, and shake each piece as soon s it goes in. Then, let the chicken sit in the flour for at least 15 minutes, so it almost forms a batter on the chicken.

:D

Jan R Whitaker and 1bigK like this.
  13. RenoF250

RenoF250

Which comment would I pull back from? I said IF you are a racist, if you are I would not pull back if you are not I do not see anything I said to you that would be slightly offense.

"I think it is stupid" is regarding that anyone cares. You can try to make fun of me about what I eat all you want, I don't care.

I figured you might be sarcastic but most are not going to take it that way and assume you are a racist which is why that does not work. You may not care for yourself but it does have repercussions for the rest of us if the people on here look like racists.

14. CAcop

CAcop

I was so confused when I heard the watermelon and fried chicken stereotype for the first time. I mean who doesn't like fried chicken and watermelon? Thats just summertime and family reunion memories right there.

Tomcat1977, 1bigK and slym2none like this.
  15. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper Don't Jump!

slym2none and 1bigK like this.
  16. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

Food was never their worry. https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/06/0...players-for-marijuana-in-disney-world-bubble/

17. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

LOL I Love both and I'm so white I'm see thru. I like it southern style with lard, and with greens too. I have a GSD who eats watermelon like its milk bones.

CAcop likes this.
  18. DAKA

DAKA

And, YOU get paid to THROW and CATCH THE damn ball....not drop it or fumble it
    Bunch a overpaid crybabies....take a F****G hike..
    (But I don't watch that anymore)

19. Greeks.45

Greeks.45 Glock Man

Gulf is a more mature and peaceful sport.

20. g30nut

g30nut

Saw someone say it earlier and couldn't agree more. Keep politics out of professional sports!!!!! And man I'm so tired of hearing about race...... BLM and the democrats have made things wierd for us out here.....