Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rational
15,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mas,

Firstly, allow me to thank you for all your hard work both here on the forums, and for our 2A rights in general. I've always been a great admirer of your work, and I have many of your books that I browse through from time to time (I've fully read every one at least twice).

In light of the horrible shootings at the Navy Yard, what are some lessons that you feel we could all use/learn in light of this incident? What can we take away from this atrocity, that will help us better protect ourselves in a mass shooting if, God Forbid, any of us should ever be faced with such an ordeal?

And finally, are there any lessons that we can learn here, that we can use in our normal daily lives?

I know that this is a long subject, and perhaps, an entire chapter can be dedicated to Mass Shootings in your next book or magazine article (just an idea).

But is there a short answer you can give us; if even just ideas or one-liners?

Thanks again, Mas. As always, you are a true bastion of wisdom for all of us. Take care!

-Richard

PS: I'm off to bed; I apologize if I don't get back to you for a couple of days. I got a 49er Game to go to at a Niner-Club in a nearby city early in the morning. Unfortunately, it's in Oregon State; I live in Washington, and I am not licensed to carry there. But I take your lessons seriously: "if you're not legal to carry, DON'T CARRY. Get the permit first." As I said, a bastion of wisdom, Mas. God bless, and stay safe.

·
KoolAidAntidote
5,928 Posts
It's going to take a lot of investigation to determine all the lessons of the Navy Yard atrocity. Some which are already apparent are:

--Journalists and pundits need to wait until the facts are in before they start pontificating.

-- "Crazy person control" is needed more than "gun control."

-- Armed services installations should, by definition, have enough armed personnel present to quickly smother violent attacks.

-- No matter how fast and skillful the police patrol response, as it apparently was in this case, it will never be faster than having competent armed good guys already at the scene when the shooting starts.

best,
Mas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts