Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’m shooting some hot 40 super reloads in my Glock 21 (has Barsto barrel for 40 Super capability) and when I went to clean the gun as I do after every Chrono reload session I noticed a hole where the trigger pin belongs. Turned the frame over and found the other half intact. Also had to peen my locking block pin as it looked like an arc. It’s getting battered like hell from my 45 and 40 Super loads. Who said Glocks were indestructible.? Anyway take a gander at the problem:
C7D8F756-130A-411D-9495-57709C928B16.jpeg
11E85E7F-6AE3-43EE-8A7D-D7FF071C4B81.jpeg

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Did you just blame Glock for the results of aftermarket parts shooting seriously hot hand loaded ammo? Just checking.

On the serious side - how are your springs? Breaking pins are a bad sign for the rest of the gun. Keep the RSA fresh.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you just blame Glock for the results of aftermarket parts shooting seriously hot hand loaded ammo? Just checking.

On the serious side - how are your springs? Breaking pins are a bad sign for the rest of the gun. Keep the RSA fresh.
I’ve got extra power Wolff springs for mags and internals. Have steel. NDZ guide rod with 24 pound spring. She’s tight. It’s just that I’m running cannons through it and challenging every part of the gun. I’m not blaming Glock for anything. Where did you get that from?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
. . .Who said Glocks were indestructible.?
I didn’t think you were entirely serious as I don’t doubt you know how hot that round is but every so often someone shows up mad about Glock reliability when their P80 has issues :animlol:

That things got to be a hand cannon!

Reactions: Recon-pull

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post script: Glock traditionalists who advocate for leaving everything stock still can’t figure out the problem of their unsupported chamber. I was a victim of this set up several years ago when I was shooting hot factory 10mm ammo. Guess what? Gun blew up because of the bulge area. That’s where the blast came from. Never again. Went to Barsto and KKM.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And one other thing: I’ve owned Glocks since 1994 and I know all of its weaknesses. That’s why I replace parts a la carte style. I’m building up strong points for shooting hot 10mm and 45 and 40 Super in my G21.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn’t think you were entirely serious as I don’t doubt you know how hot that round is but every so often someone shows up mad about Glock reliability when their P80 has issues :animlol:

I never blame Glock for my gun problems as most of them are self created. I shoot seriously hot reloads in 45 and 40 Super and I have the king of the streets Glock 20.
04755A5E-9E38-48D6-9CE5-2462A7E12FDF.jpeg

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see the problem.
The problem is that no Glock can repeatedly fire the wildcats 40 and 45 Supper. Even the creators of The Supers warned against repeated use of one gun to fire continuous hailstoRms of the two cartridges. All my fault. My G 21 has been through Hell

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Nope. Even the creators of the wildcat 40and 45 SUpers tell users not to overdo it on one gun. But I’ve done just that: my G21 has been through Hell all on my account. Only now I’m taking stock of the destruction. In my 45 Super I’ve been throwing 335 grain artillery over 1,000 ft Sec. Sooner or later the damage will be done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts