The Murat

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by boby, Sep 28, 2007.

1. boby

boby

Do they have any of the dreaded metal detectors?

Thanks!

2. AFA1CY

AFA1CY AKA R. Emmelman

OK, so help me out here. Is there any public venue that has metal detectors? I have never seen any. Only place I have been that has them is airports and government buildings. This question keeps coming up like some venues do have them.

3. IPDBrad

IPDBrad

Several public venues use the wonderful wands. I have never seen full fledged stand up metal detectors anywhere but airports and government buildings.

I imagine the Murat uses wands on occasion. I have been there several times and have not seen them used. I would hazard a guess that if you are going there for the Hannah Montana show, no wands. If it is the Death Metal vs British Punk War Tour, featuring Death Monger and Genocide, be prepared for a wanding.

4. boby

boby

:laughabove: That last bit gave me a good chuckle. The wife and I are going to see Frank Caliendo the comedian there tomorrow and I wondered if it was safe to carry. If I can park close enough I will send the wife in to look before I try to enter.

5. rhino465

rhino465

I took my sister to a musical there last year. No hassles at the door, but it was a Sunday matinee.

6. blackbeast

blackbeast

even if they wand they never check the ankles.

I was just chuckling about this on saturday going to the colts game. Some "pat down" they employ. Think I could smuggle in a gun, flask, and a crave case from white castle.

7. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

Most clubs, etc. that either "frisk" or wand only check the sides (hey not everyone can be as highly skilled as Specical Agent IPDBrad). I would move the Glock to the front, and where a belt buckle the size of Texas.

Good luck.

8. AFA1CY

AFA1CY AKA R. Emmelman

I guess I just don't go to places where they feel thay have to wand the crowd. I live a sheltered life :supergrin:

9. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Right, that's why I only hang out in biker bars on the westside of Indy. No wanding there! In fact, if you are not carrying a weapon (or at least 3 grams of meth), they give you one.:banana:

10. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

I can't remember a rock, metal or other "heavier" concert I've been to that they didn't wand or frisk.

Even at Christian concerts.

If you're going to see a comedian, you'll probably be ok. But yeah, if you're going to see Deicide or Cannibal Corpse, there's no way you're getting in with a gun.

I have managed to get my Kershaw Whirlwind in to EVERY concert I've been two in the last 5 years though, which is a significant number.