close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The most you have paid....

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by 750SpiritRdr, Mar 12, 2010.

1. 750SpiritRdr

750SpiritRdr

What is the most you have paid for a box of pistol ammo?
    i won't lie, i paid 48.00 for a box of 50 9mm Federal Hydra-Shok back when pistol ammo was hard to come by. The same shop i bought those from still has them marked at that price so i buy online now

2. M1A Shooter

M1A Shooter

i paid $120 for my last box of .45acp ammo. it was 1K of my reloads but i put them in a box. does that count?

3. jesse2205

jesse2205

$23 for 50rd box of WWB 9mm...ya that was when I was a rookie

4. ABACABB

ABACABB

I'm not saying it was a bad deal for factory but I paid $92 WITH TAX FOR 250 rounds of Federal .45 auto. Especially because I cant find it anywhere in AZ for under $.50 a round normally.

5. squirrelsniper

squirrelsniper

A few months ago I paid $43 per box for a few 50rd boxes of 45 Auto 230gr +P HST. Funny thing is, I couldn't find any at LE suppliers, but I walked into a local gunshop and they had plenty of it:upeyes:

6. ABACABB

ABACABB

Yeah I can't find HST for my 45 in AZ. I can find plenty of PDX1 ammo and Golden Saber but I really want HST's or Ranger T's

7. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

I'm starting to get sick of tracking down Ranger T. I've tested the PDX1 offerings and they are good performers. I'm almost to the point where I am willing to pay extra for them as somewhat of a convenience charge.. How much is my time worth searching??

8. ABACABB

ABACABB

hey man if you don't mind ordering online there is a guy that sells them on this forum.His prices dont seem too bad either. jwkpatrick@yahoo.com

9. N/Apower

N/Apower

During the ammo crunch I payed $25/50 for Ranger T in .45. Also payed $14.97 for just plinking ammo in .45.

Oh, I did pay $30/50 for some .45 HST +P's one time I think.

My 357SIG Gold Dots run me about $28/50.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  10. ABACABB

ABACABB

That guy I was talking about had 230g +p Ranger Ts for like $35

11. youngbuck

youngbuck He's Tyrone!

Paid $49.95 + tax on a 20rd box of 9mm 147gr Black Talons. And the same price for a 50rd box of Hydra-Shok 165gr. (I thought they were HST's)

The only one i have had a problem with was buying a 20rd box of Corbon 135gr for almost $45 at a gun show. Following week found the same thing for 20 dollars cheaper at my local gun stores :steamed:

12. N/Apower

N/Apower

LoL

OMB Express was selling the regular stuff for $249 a case before OLIN got ahold of them. +P in that round (T-series) is sub-par, imho. Over-expansion.

13. ABACABB

ABACABB

I hadn't heard anything about over expansion in the +P's. did you test for your self or did somebody else. I'm just trying to find the best SD round and the Winchester info for the +P's is pretty impressive thats the only reason I ask? http://www.winchester.com/SITECOLLECTIONDOCUMENTS/FLASH-SWFS/LAW_BULLIT.SWF

14. N/Apower

N/Apower

I let Winchester test them for me. You have linked to out-dated information. I looked at their current product testing, as the T-series is current. Your link refers to the last generation.

Further, I experienced some petal separation with the regular pressure loads in water/wet phone-books. Dr. Roberts also said that he has HEARD of them shedding petals in bare gel. The petals are a LOT longer than on the Ranger SXT series. Perhapse 100% longer, although I have not taken a micrometer to them. Winchester got about 1" expansion, and that is what I got. I got 1.022" or something, IIRC. (Maximum expansion)

Looking at Winchester's gel test, it is easy to see the +P loading's petals getting gnarled up a lot more than the non +P. Expanded diameter is also smaller, because of this.

15. ABACABB

ABACABB

so would the regular loads be best?

16. N/Apower

N/Apower

I will let you be the judge of that.
    http://www.winchester.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/pdf/catalog/2008LawEnforcementCatalog.pdf

In bare and clothed gel, it expands to a larger diameter than the +P, but through various barriers, the +P looks to be a tad better. The view on this info is very annoying. I had to look at it for a minute to see what was what. You will see what I mean.

*Regarding the .45. Every caliber is different. For example, I love the HST in .40 or .45, but the Gold Dot in 357SIG.

17. ABACABB

ABACABB

yeah I wanted to punch that PDF in the face. How can you tell the old stuff from the new?

18. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

$39.95 for a box of 50 230gr HST's

19. MedicOni

MedicOni

$30 for a box of 20 Winchester Silver Tips 10mm

20. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

My personal standard for FMJ is <$10/box for 9mm and <$20/box for .45acp. When factory ammo gets more expensive than this, I'll switch to commercial reloads from Precision Cartridge. For JHP, I paid up to $28.50/box (Q4 '09) for Ranger 230+p to create some long lasting inventory but typically I'm looking for <$0.50/rd for JHP.