Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bac’s post in a distaff thread is too good an opportunity to pass up!

Lighting the Bac-signal!

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
HK P7M8 in my experience.

At least it was the one I thought I really wanted and was very disappointed when I finally got one.

Good news is I had traded a Colt 1911 I was trying to sell for $700 straight up for a P7M8 with half a dozen mags and a holster. Sold them on Gunbroker and made enough to buy two Glocks and a Savage 93R17 in .17 HMR. That's how I got into Glocks about 20 years ago.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
How about a holster? Everyone raves about the Glock Combat Holster so I bought one. POS that I wore for a couple days and then tossed it in the box. I cannot figure out why everyone thinks it's so great.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
How about a holster? Everyone raves about the Glock Combat Holster so I bought one. POS that I wore for a couple days and then tossed it in the box. I cannot figure out why everyone thinks it's so great.
Me too. It's an inexpensive holster you can have to carry a gun until you figure out what good holster you want. That is about all I can say good about it. Have not used mine once since i got better holsters.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Benelli m2 m3 (they're fine, just not enough to justify the price tag)
Berretta 92
Sig (any da/sa model)
H&K anything.
Keltec KSG

Almost any 1911 over $3500 that isn't actually a 2011.
I've never owned an M3, but I currently own an M2 and an M4. Both have full length magazines installed and I rotate them out every year as home defense guns. I have them mounted just above the door of my bedroom walk in closet. I rotate them every year just to give the magazine springs a time to recover. When I take them shooting I have to stake down the steel targets or they will get blown over on the first shot. I shoot buckshot only out of these two and like to practice a few times a year. Absolutely a blast.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
Berretta 92

Almost any 1911 .
I've never heard anyone other than Beretta hype the 92. Usually people say they are junk.

And you could have just left it at "Almost any 1911"

Reactions: Paul53

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Glock.... good pistol...

Don't get me wrong.. but no better (or worse) than Walther, Smith and Wesson, C.Z., Sig, H&K etc., or a host of others..
Nowadays it is. But, back in the day (25+ years ago), Glock rules.
Lightweight, hicap, simple, durable, very reliable and most of all....affordable.
My opinion is solely focused on the 9mm Glocks.

·
finishes it...
4,054 Posts
goofy f'n thread...

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I forgot to mention the BHP. It needs more grip tang to cure the hammer and slide bite. Might not be an issue to some, but it is for me.
I really did tried to like it. But after owning three of them, I gave up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Since childhood,I thought the pre '64 Mod 70 was the pinnacle of the hunting rifle. I was able to sight one in for a friend, standard model 70/30-06, pre '64. It kicked like a mule, and it couldn't touch my old Rem700/270 win for accuracy, and Rem trigger was better also.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts