close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Minnesota (North Star) sub forum

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by phorvick, May 29, 2006.

1. phorvick

phorvick

I am an NRA instructor and also a State approved CCW instructor/trainer. I have posted a few notices of Minnesota classes in the North Star sub forum. I had a very nasty IM from one of the members that said in part:
    ---
    Unfortunately I think you are wrong! Just like all the people that think the way you do! You need to live a 360 degree world! And, you and your buddies are so blind to that! I love reading how stupid you and yours make self defense sound! The one think that you and yours fail to fathom, misses do not count only rounds delivered to center of mass! When was the last time you took professional instuction to broaden your horizons? Hell you so cheap to not even support GT! Making money off of schmucks that do not know better is like stealing in my book!
    ---

Obviously I do not appreciate such inflamatory messages from a GT member, and being called "stupid" and "stealing" is, well, insulting.

This same person then posted in the forum that I should not be posting in that forum as it is not the appropriate arena for such commerical/biusiness postings. Others in the forum seem to welcome the announcements.

This person is raising a tad of a stink, and I really don't want to get into any public or private "pissing contest" with him, but do think that such class announcements that are within the geographic area of the forum are appropriate.

However, as this poster made clear, it is your board, not mine. So, if you could please tell me if I am violating some policy.

Thanks,

Paul Horvick
    http://shootingsafely.com

2. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

Even if you are violating rules, it is not up to other members to attack you about it, rudely or not. They can report posts to a moderator if they feel there is an issue.

I'd suggest that you forward the PM to Patricia or Eddie C. (or Eric) and also click on "report to mod" regarding any offending posts.

3. phorvick

phorvick

I really don't care to get into a pissing contest with the person that sent me the insulting message, but thanks for the suggestion.

My issue is more basic: Is the posting of a class announcement a prohibited post on the State forums. If so, of course I will honor and abide by such rule. If not, I do have a class in Minneapolis once a month and would post an announcement of the class date etc.

Thanks,
    Paul Horvick

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Paul, unsolicited ad posts are not allowed in most forums on GT. The exceptions are the classified ads forums, the Product Showcase forum (If you are a sponsor) and the Commercial Postings forum, in the Tactics & Training forum. Eric

5. phorvick

phorvick

Understood. I won't make any further class announcements in the Minnesota area State Forum. I do think that such a rule greatly diminishes the utility of the State sections, but your board, your rules, I follow!

Thanks for the reply.