close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Marcos 1911 Legend

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by revo, Aug 15, 2006.

1. revo

revo

I was at the Reno, Nevada gun show this weekend and struck up a interesting conversation with gunsmith Terry Tussey.

www.tusseycustom.com

Mr Tussey is a bit famous for being Steven Seagal's gunsmith. If you watch Seagal's movies, you will notice that he likes to use 1911's and he knows his weapons.

I also have my 1911's worked on by Mr Tussey's shop and I was there to pick up my gun.

He mentioned that in the '70's, he made a custom 1911 ordered by Marcos security people (Filipino military possibly) that was supposed to be a gift to Marcos. I asked how did he know that it was going to be a gift to Marcos. He said that he engraved 'Marcos' on the slide of the gun.

Aha !

So out there there is possibly a custom 1911 owned by Marcos. I'm wondering who has this gun now ? Guns of known provenance to historical figures (famous or notorious) arguably are quite valuable.

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

It's probably with his son Bongbong Marcos who is an avid shooter himself. It would be great to see even a picture only of that 1911. :)

3. mtho

mtho

how is terry doing? i heard that he got into an accident? i saw some of his work on compact 45's with comp and ports looks really cool.

kakaingit ka naman.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

yup, tussey is the fave smith of steven. iirc, steven prefers caspian for his 1911, customized din ang Serial No. Seagal1, Seagal2, Seagal3

:cool:

5. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Dre, feeling ko lang yung Seagal4 babagsak yan sa SAMSCOR mo. hehehehe :supergrin:

6. isuzu

isuzu

I have a magazine that I bought in the early 90's featuring Tussey doing a compensator job on a couple of Colt Officer's 1911. His workmanship is really good.

7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

hehehe MX888 na lang.

hey, mukhang energized ka pa ah, kulang pa ang level 4. :laughabove:

8. revo

revo

Terry looked very well at the gun show but he's in a wheelchair. He had a bicycle accident.

The actual hands-on work at the gunshop is now done by Terry's partner and once-student, John Indell.

Terry supplies the guidance and the expertise for the difficult guns.

9. revo

revo

It's supposed to be a Colt Officer's style gun, BTW. Someone should ask Bongbong Marcos if he has this gun and to try to take a picture of it.

10. Wp.22

Wp.22

i hope this gun was not stolen during the edsa revolution. remember they ransack malacanang palace and even their house in san juan. Or if macoy really like the gun he could have brought it in hawaii when they left the palace.

11. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Hehehe, grabe ang init sa Disneyland at ang konti ng shades. Lahat kelagan mo'ng pilahan. Buti na lang maabilidad baby ko, puro stolen shots sa mga disney mascots para di na kami pumila. :supergrin:

Tama nga sabi nila, kids lang mag e-enjoy dun. Pero I think si gundog mag e-enjoy din kay Ariel. Kasi kasi'ng edad nya at naka 2-pc lang. :clown: :supergrin: :supergrin:

12. revo

revo

Gentlemen,

Interestingly enough, I have the dubious honor of being one of those that stormed Malacanang at around 10 pm on Feb 25, 1986 nearly twenty years ago.

Had I known that this gun existed, I would have looked for it haha since we pretty much had the run of the place. But at the time, I was not a gun enthusiast.

As a sidenote, I also was one of the first twenty people who arrived on the gates of then Camp Crame at around 10 pm on the fateful night on Feb 22, 1986.

I happened to live in Murphy, QC at the time. EDSA 1 was pretty much happening just outside my door.

And, yes, we were sleeping outside on the streets with hundreds of thousands of people, nevetheless.