GlockTalk Forum banner

261 - 280 of 461 Posts

·
Have you seen me?
12,767 Posts
Well you'll like the new episode. The story arc is finally coming together with a few important facts thrown in. I wont ruin it but the quest continues, my only concern is with a season taking at least a year to come back new, with short episodes, people will lose interest.

It seems that many characters in this show are "one and gone" types. One thing I will ruin, and youv probably figured this out, is there ARE some Jedi left. And not just one.
Anyone who has watched TCW or Rebels knows that. Ezra, Kanaan, and Ahsoka from those two series'. Cal from Fallen Order (the game, which is considered canon as well) is another one. There are likely more. Lots of folks may have escaped Order 66 - we will see more.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
They should have made the chick fight lasted longer.

the evil lady is Dan Inosanto’s daughter. That’s Dan Inosanto of Bruce Lee’s era fame. She’s quite the accomplished martial artist too.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Anyone who has watched TCW or Rebels knows that. Ezra, Kanaan, and Ahsoka from those two series'. Cal from Fallen Order (the game, which is considered canon as well) is another one. There are likely more. Lots of folks may have escaped Order 66 - we will see more.
Erza is a kid strong with the Force. Kanaan been training him but he’s not like a real Jedi.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Deleted.

·
Have you seen me?
12,767 Posts
Um...no.

Ahsoka used zero Force powers against the Magistrate and given her training, should have ended the fight in about two seconds. She was trained by Anakin and survived a duel against Vader after cutting part of his mask off.

Later, she managed to handle a pair of Inquisitors like child's play and capture Darth Maul. Fighting a non-Force user - even one armed with a beskar spear - is nothing for a Jedi survivor of the Clone Wars and Order 66. Ahsoka makes Luke and Rey look like amateurs when it comes to knowledge of the Force and lightsaber skills. That little tiff between her and the magistrate was just for dramatic purposes. It should have been over before it started with a simple Force pull or push.

·
Have you seen me?
12,767 Posts
Erza is a kid strong with the Force. Kanaan been training him but he’s not like a real Jedi.
Kanaan was a Padawan when Order 66 occurred. No, he's not a Knight or Master, but he did have the holocron. Ezra also took training from Maul - not a great idea, but kids will be kids.

As far as "real" Jedi, those died out with Yoda and Obi-Wan, Ahsoka being the sole exception that we know of currently. Cal Kestis was also a Palawan at the time of Order 66, so he doesn't really count. He'll, to be honest, Ahsoka was a Padawan when she was framed by Barris and never returned to the Order when cleared of the crime. Technically, she's no Jedi.

Luke had a few weeks (months?) of training under Yoda while on Dagobah and a couple of days (at most) with Obi-Wan prior to the whole Death Star thing. It's not like he's a real Jedi...thus far, the only true fully trained Jedi we know of are Yoda and Obi-Wan. More may pop up later, but for now - that's all.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Kanaan was a Padawan when Order 66 occurred. No, he's not a Knight or Master, but he did have the holocron. Ezra also took training from Maul - not a great idea, but kids will be kids.

As far as "real" Jedi, those died out with Yoda and Obi-Wan, Ahsoka being the sole exception that we know of currently. Cal Kestis was also a Palawan at the time of Order 66, so he doesn't really count. He'll, to be honest, Ahsoka was a Padawan when she was framed by Barris and never returned to the Order when cleared of the crime. Technically, she's no Jedi.

Luke had a few weeks (months?) of training under Yoda while on Dagobah and a couple of days (at most) with Obi-Wan prior to the whole Death Star thing. It's not like he's a real Jedi...thus far, the only true fully trained Jedi we know of are Yoda and Obi-Wan. More may pop up later, but for now - that's all.
Luke came back to Dagobah to get fully trained by The Master himself.

also, didn’t Ashoka renounce the Jedi Order?

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Just saw Ch 14. Holy **#
Best one yet. Only two more episodes left!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Ugh. I hate it when GT updates me on some threads' new posts but randomly fails to notify me about new posts in others.

I haven't had a notification in over a dozen posts. I thought y'all just stopped discussing.

Thinking about the title "The Jedi", I assumed it wasn't referencing Ahsoka (even though she didn't deny it this time and even allowed herself to be called one by the imperial gal), but was a reference to Yoddle/Grogu since he was trained in the temple as a Jedi, although only a Jedi youngling.

My son argues "Jedi" doesn't mean what it once did because the temple has been destroyed and the Jedi Order as a formal thing has fallen. Therefore, any force-sensitive force user is a "jedi" in a generic sense as compared to non-force users. That's a reasonable theory, but flies in the face of Luke's statement to the Emperor, "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me". He was already a force user, but attained a new status. (Of course, he also had formal training from a master, so he could be grandfathered under the old categories).

As for others who are or aren't Jedi, wasn't Kanan knighted in one episode by a temple guard during a vision in some Jedi temple? Not that it matters since he's dead by this point in the timeline. I'm still holding out for young Luke to appear in an upcoming season.

Anyway, glad to hear the latest one is good. Looking forward to watching this evening.

·
Watcher.
40,264 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Also meant to comment:

the evil lady is Dan Inosanto’s daughter. That’s Dan Inosanto of Bruce Lee’s era fame. She’s quite the accomplished martial artist too.
Um...no.
... That little tiff between her and the magistrate was just for dramatic purposes. It should have been over before it started with a simple Force pull or push.
I agree Ahsoka should have wrapped that up in a moment. She took down Darth Maul and can give Anakin/Vader a run for his money.

That fight scene was to give that actress a chance to show off just a bit and maybe to add another villain to the cast for future use.

Still waiting to watch the latest ep...

261 - 280 of 461 Posts