GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching for the book and did not realize Netflix was making it into a series. It is going to be released on Veteran's Day.

The story follows Lt. Sparks and his men for 500 days through the landings at Sicily, through the Italian campaign, Southern France, and Germany to the liberation of Dachau. Hopefully the series stays true to the book.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Interesting. Every time I think about cancelling my Netflix account, they come up with something to keep me around.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,492 Posts
Tell me it's not going to be in that funky, quasi animated film style.

That would be a travesty.

Reactions: fx77 and Taz

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me it's not going to be in that funky, quasi animated film style.

That would be a travesty.
I wasn't too thrilled about it at first but there's no way they could film all of the large battles without a massive budget. I'll take it.

·
Premium Member
24,820 Posts
Dang. Do the Netflix original normally come out on dvd in 5 yrs? I can only watch clips after they load in background. So Netflix won’t work.

·
Premium Member
24,820 Posts
Dang. Do the Netflix original normally come out on dvd in 5 yrs? I can only watch clips after they load in background. So Netflix won’t work.

·
"Cynical Little me"
7,149 Posts
No doubt the story of the 45'th infantry division which covered itself with glory on the beaches of North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Southern France, driving into Germany and Liberating Dachau where they did the world a favor by summary executing a bunch of SS guards upon seeing what they done.

As far as I know the Division spent more days in combat then any other US force in WW2. Over 500. They were the real deal and were some tough, tough soldiers.

·
USN Retired
7,543 Posts
I wasn't too thrilled about it at first but there's no way they could film all of the large battles without a massive budget. I'll take it.
Will the entire show be in this cartoon version, like the trailer?

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Netflix might have been able to do a full scale production, if they didn't spend so much of their resources on Barry and Mike.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Saw all episodes in a binge last night. I liked it a lot, but I never read the book so I can't comment as to accuracy.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm going to watch it now. It's a series, I thought it was a movie.

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Saved a lot of money not using actors, land sets, equipment etc.

I don't know if I can stay with it.

·
Glock Fanboi
2,455 Posts
It lost me when the Lt's company was less than ten men.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts