The latest COVID-19 deniers argument...

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by HollowHead, Mar 29, 2020.

1. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

That’s not what they said. CNN called this ‘Covid Crisis ‘ Trump’s Katrina. The liberal media is clearly smearing Trump with deliberately inaccurate reporting.

Westexas, Joe H, TBO and 3 others like this.
  2. rotorhead1026

rotorhead1026

Wut?

Westexas, czsmithGT, Joshhtn and 7 others like this.

3. wcb6092

wcb6092

No way. That would be over 1 million deaths annually. The number of auto fatalities is around 38,000 annually.

Westexas and billy_56081 like this.
  4. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

I don't think it was a differing opinion that set him off as much as the complete inanity of the post, and that the poster believes it.

Westexas, Joshhtn, badge315 and 6 others like this.
  5. IvanVic

IvanVic

Huh? Tucker Carlson was the first host on cable news to take this seriously. Where are you getting this stuff? He was covering it in January.

czsmithGT, TBO, n2g and 1 other person like this.
  6. Blanton

Blanton

7. Kentucky fan

Kentucky fan

8. hugo55

hugo55

Please tell me what were the extraordinary measures taken starting mid January? I must have missed them other than the travel ban from China. I heard the president say in February that cases in the US would soon be down to zero. I heard the president and every talking head on Fox News say that this was a democratic hoax. Please tell me do you not believe what your eyes have seen and your ears have heard?

R.B. Riddick, OGW and jame like this.
  9. hugo55

hugo55

If all visits to jail have been stopped as I understand they have been in most of the US since the outbreak then you and your family are obviously much safer living in jail than walking into a Walmart

10. billy_56081

billy_56081

I wonder what the deniers will say in a few months when millions are dead? I'm sure it will be a NWO conspiracy or something. Well if we survive we do need the fools around for comic relief.

R.B. Riddick and OGW like this.
  11. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

A stupid and irrelevant fact promulgated by stupid and irrelevant people.

The reason it hasn’t killed as many as the flu in raw numbers is because only a tiny fraction of people have caught it vs caught the flu... so far. That is a fact.

Once a lot more people catch this, and it looks like that’s where we’re headed, outside a miracle, it will continue kill more people than the flu per infection, and if it really gets spread around a lot, will kill a lot more than the flu in raw numbers as well. Also a fact.

Frankly, I don’t see a way out of this situation. Vaccines will take longer to develop than we’re going to be able to keep things locked down.

We’re probably going to take a big hit no matter what we do. My guess is in the quarter million range. Hopefully not the 2mil nightmare scenario. Of course, that’s only deaths. Some people who get it survive but are left with debilitating lifelong lung damage. There will be a lot more of those.

I’m not going to waste any more time on this thread, but wanted to respond to the stupid fact I keep seeing people throw around like it means something.

It’s about as relevant as Hillary winning the popular vote.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    czsmithGT, badge315, OGW and 7 others like this.
  12. 1cm

1cm

It has not run its course yet.

Joshhtn, n2g, redrick and 2 others like this.
  13. billorights

billorights

It could have been nothing. It could be bad. No one had anything to go on but an opinion. Just like now, looking to blame someone when your opinion is nothing but your opinion. And not even an educated guess.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion. And most are stupid.

14. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    So you are dismissing the factual information from countries that went through this before us?

Joshhtn, mdlott, n2g and 5 others like this.
  15. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

This thing is just ramping up and people insist on comparing it to an entire year of flu deaths. The worst is yet to come.

Westexas, n2g, TBO and 6 others like this.
  16. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Same here. Tread lightly. The lawyers are watching, it seems.

17. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

For COVID-19 deaths or for the US economy?

18. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

19. NoStress

NoStress

An aunt of mine is a microbiologist. Her husband has passed away but he was one of the top guys at the CDC before he retired. She knows a lot about a lot when it comes to these things and tells me this is going to get bad. She is 83, has health issues, and does not figure she will survive this thing once she gets it. But even without talking to her common sense told me what we are facing is different and far worse than anything we have ever had to deal with. Gee-whiz leaders of various countries don't just shut them down without knowing it is the right thing to do. They make their decisions after weighing what the top experts tell them. When the best of the best all agree this is going to be bad that is good enough for me. I will defer to their expertise and require no proof. I respect everyone has a right to their opinion but I sure don't respect everyone's opinion. This is one rodeo we are all going to go to and sooner or later most of us will ride in it. And just because you are young does not mean you will survive your ride.

This is from ABC news so some will not believe any of it.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/age-risk-severe-coronavirus-disease-69860317

Trebore, badge315, OGW and 3 others like this.
  20. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

I don’t think you were listening carefully to what was being said. The hoax is that Trump did nothing. That is the hoax that they were talking about. In fact, democrats were against the measures he took. He was called racist for limiting travel etc etc.
    Go check what was said when and where. World Health Organization was still saying person to person transmission was not proven yet. CDC too. China mislead them as they bought medical supplies on the world market. These are facts. On feb 2 democrats were encouraging people to come to Broadway shows and Mardi Gras. These are facts.
    This “politicizing” of the crisis is the hoax that they were talking about. “Orange man bad” mentality.
    As far as the death rate, there is no true rate known yet. We do not know the number of infected to the number of deaths yet. The only controlled public study info is from the cruise ship infections. And the tests to determine infection were defective.
    We don’t know the rate of death in each population or who is more susceptible other than age and some immunity compromised conditions( not all) . We don’t know.
    Many “good sources” like the CDC and WHO have given wrong information including saying masks aren’t good for the general public but are for healthcare workers ( them) . They definitely need masks but they are lying about the N95 masks for the general public. A two minute class on how to properly use and remove the mask would have been better than the lie. They lost credibility with some over that.

I know people who are infected and on a ventilator. I am in the high risk group and had decide to pull my kids out of school even when DeBasio refused to close them.

Quigley, pAZ Ron, pblanc and 5 others like this.