The latest COVID-19 deniers argument...

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by HollowHead, Mar 29, 2020.

1. chuck73080

chuck73080

Probably hidden under someone's bed.

spork likes this.
  2. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    New update today now over 3100 deaths in America and 163k cases.
    Current totals 183k cases and 3860 deaths since 24 hrs hrs ago.

Hartford likes this.

3. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

What sources are you reading that lead you to believe this? I’d like to see actual statistics cuz what the CDC has published doesn’t agree with what you’re saying.....

4. Kentak

Kentak

An outlier.

So, what I was able to gather, as a layperson, from this is that he believes it's not a virus that is causing COVID-19 disease, but rather some other "insult/injury" to the body. This "insult" causes our bodies to produce exosomes--which kinda look like SARS-CoV-2 (the virus causing C-19). He says it's the exosomes our tests are detecting, and not the virus. Hmmm.

What is the real culprit, if not a virus? He suggests: Poison, stress, infection, electromagnetic radiation (5G).

And yet, do any of these stand up to rational examination? Poison? One that spreads just like we know viruses do? Stress? Yeah, that's new to the world. Infection? He suggests flu or colds. We've had those forever and none has triggered this kind of reaction. 5G? Okay, relatively new to the scene, but all of a sudden 5G is causing a worldwide new disease? Give me a break.

To be taken seriously, he has to specify a testable cause that fits the data. And what we know about viruses.

Westexas likes this.
  5. tuica

tuica

Psssttt....Us geezers know who’s responsible for this. Check out the Paul Simon tune, ‘Me and Julio Down by the School Yard.’

It contains the line “Goodbye Rosie - Queen of Corona.” Y’all can thank me later. Stay healthy.

happyguy likes this.
  6. The Father

The Father

The first known case in the United States of COVID-19 was confirmed in the state of Washington on January 20, 2020, in a 35-year-old man who had returned from Wuhan, China on January 15.[4] The White House Coronavirus Task Force was established on January 29.[2] On January 31, the Trump administration declared a public health emergency,[5] and placed travel restrictions on entry for travellers from China.[6]

n2g, Gfive45, nrajeff and 3 others like this.
  7. OGW

OGW SAF

I was being sarcastic of the deniers.

AK_Stick likes this.
  8. plp

plp

Not even remotely a necessary service.

Land surveying. How useless it that, in the overall scheme of things? Really?

My phone has been ringing off the hook, have doubled prices, to chase clients away, am 6 weeks backlogged right now.

Why????

Hartford likes this.
  9. OGW

OGW SAF

The operative question in your circumstance is "why not?" You know that old saw about sunshine and hay, right?

10. plp

plp

Yep, get it. And am doing that. Putting in 50 and 60 hour weeks right now, when I was perfectly happy with 25 and 30 hour weeks last year.

The guy I work with and I are very much not chasing work, are both very happy with the whole part time thing, both fish, have other interests, I play in a band, and he hikes, so not really looking to spend a lot of time working.

However, are covered up right now. I mean, turning down 75% of what gets called in. I use pricing as the filter, stuff I would've bid 600 for last year, I'm bidding 1200 now, and still getting more jobs than we can do.

Sucks to me me, I know? And totally get that, be thankful for blessings undeserved. I just don't understand it.

11. OGW

OGW SAF

Also, I totally understand any aversion to work. I've been retired for just short of 17 years, and I had good reason to retire--brutal work hours.

AK_Stick likes this.
  12. surevaliance

surevaliance

13. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Oh my sarcasm meter definitely caught that. I used the alert of your post to find mine for the quote, I must have just selected both.

14. JHCJR

JHCJR

I am fortunate to be a long term sales guy in an industry that is BOOMING right now. My wife called it our Super Bowl. While I’m not out seeing customers as I once did, orders are POURING in. Literally 4-6 weeks worth of orders per week. It has been insane.

my wife made the comment, “I wish I could make money in my underwear.”

I said, well you could...but....

SHUT UP!!!!!!

lmao.

pAZ Ron, OGW and Wayward Son like this.
  15. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

NMG26 likes this.
  16. nrajeff

nrajeff

What is the definition of a "denier" in this case?

17. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Anyone questioning the ‘highly credible’ main stream media narrative. They wouldn’t lie to us.....would they?

18. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

I hope youre right. Theyre predicting as high as 240k, and that's still in the 'if things go well' category.

nrajeff likes this.
  19. plp

plp

I know, right?

Used to be, a 70 hour week was the norm. Had to be on site at 5:30 AM, was not unusual to still be there at midnight, didn't happen often, but it did happen. I'd be ready to head to the motel at 6 PM, someone would roll in with a set of revised prints and I'd have to go pull up everything I had just staked out, and then spend 4 hours recalculating, then fire up the light plants to lay out so the crew could work the next day.
    And have to be onsite again at 5:30, to do the safety meeting and toolbox briefing.

I don't miss it. These days, out the door at the crack of noon, work 4 hours, home in time to cook supper before the wife gets home.

pAZ Ron and AdamRodgers like this.
  20. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Has killed....if you’re going to say it say it right as there is a HUGE difference. I’m pretty sure the flu is still around and I’m pretty sure this outbreak is new and in addition too so these deaths are tacked on to the flu total so I’d say it’s a problem. Have we over reacted? Time will tell. What if by chance we haven’t. I personally will take a few months of inconvenience over the later fact coming true. Really of all forums this place should get this concept for god sakes. We probably will never ever have to use our guns but it is better to have and not need than to need and not have. There is a huge number of people out there that also think carrying a gun around all the time is over reacting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuck73080 and Quigley like this.