The latest COVID-19 deniers argument...

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by HollowHead, Mar 29, 2020.

1. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

First it was, "...just the flu."
    Then it was a bioweapon.
    After that, it was something released to make Trump look bad.
    Next, it was, '...it doesn't really kill anybody."
    Today, I heard it already blew through America in December.
    Where the hell does this kind of stupidity come from? Is it municipal water supplies? UFO's? HH

10or45, AGF0526, Bill Keith and 24 others like this.
  2. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

and then there were the IDIOTS on the other side of the equation screaming "we're all going to DIE!". There will be MILLIONS of dead bodies piling up in the streets! Since we are all going to die, let's just go ahead and kill the economy as well! No sense having that around if we are all going to die! Oh wait...

Faceshot, Sharkey, Neldon and 22 others like this.

3. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

All I know is I'm not leaving my house any more than I have to and I was pissed that my employer thought they had a loophole to make my job essential when it clearly isn't and they didn't cave until this past Tuesday.

I'm in the target group of those who often don't survive this and so is my wife. I'm going to assume it's legit until it's over, if it's ever over.

pjanthony, Ofc.JL, Tacoma12 and 21 others like this.
  4. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

It kills less people than the flu. Fact.

5. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Essential worker here, so still going to work. Hoping for the best for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. IvanVic

IvanVic

So does certain kinds of cancer. Not exactly relevant without proper context.

Ofc.JL, Wishoot, 1eyedjack01 and 16 others like this.
  7. Con43

Con43

There you go, did it now. Get ready for the onslaught from the it's xx times worse than the flu crowd. Along with every chart and graph they can find...:eek::eek:

8. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Same here.

9. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

Since that's still the prognosis, what part of it is confusing for you? What causes you to not understand that is what our future holds, if we don't get ahead of this?

pjanthony, 10or45, Wishoot and 10 others like this.
  10. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

How do you know this as fact? Do you have a crystal ball, or a time machine you've zipped months into the future with?

And when you write "kills less people than the flu", do you mean per person infected as a mortality rate? Or do you mean over-all, in some time period?

10or45, Bill Keith, Wishoot and 10 others like this.
  11. Rick James45

Rick James45

I guess I am Stupid. Is that an upgrade or downgrade from degenerate?

I hope GT is around 5 years from now so we can go back to "the record" of who said what. If I am wrong I will eat crow x10.

I have never promoted its not a "Thing", but it seems we are throwing the baby out with the wash.

The old adage the people get the government they deserve is coming true perhaps. Looks like in mass, personal accountability left with the aliens from Area 51.

Case and point; https://www.foxnews.com/us/amazon-driver-california-caught-camera-licking-package

Too me, this is Stupidity and a pi$$ poor excuse of being a member of the human race.

IMHO, doubting the MSM, which many on this forum has found very fashionable prior to CV19, questioning the acts of governments and sick (no -pun) individuals is not Stupidity. IMHO, it is just an assessment of the facts. One has to not be stupid to cut through the chaff to find the wheat.

Stay vigilant and alert, but don't go Ape $hit.

Edit, let me add I do have empathy for ones like bengalbacker. I can appreciate their position and thoughts. If the ones capable are not out working and making the economy move, then eventually the SS checks will dry up. So what happens to the elderly and the compromised then?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    nrajeff, RenoF250, Scotsman and 4 others like this.
  12. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

Cancer is not contagious.

10or45, Bill Keith and nursetim like this.
  13. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

Deaths per day. Deaths per month. Fact.

Hannie Caulder likes this.
  14. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

I think he is talking about total numbers.

During the 2019-2020 flu season we had 24,000-62,000 deaths in the US according to the CDC. So far, we have had 2,230 deaths from COVID-19. But remember, this has only been in the US for about 2.5 months. We don't know if it will continue at this rate all year or if it will have a seasonal behavior like the regular flu.

People are concerned because it is new and nobody has immunity to it. It has been hyped a lot in the media and that drives people's fear of the unknown. We see reports of 700-800 people dying per day in Italy and Spain. We realize it could hit here just as hard.

15. kiole

kiole

WoUlDNt WanT ThOSE FacTS gETTIng InTo ThE ArguMeNT

G30SF/F-250 likes this.
  16. kiole

kiole

you can make this claim in July. This is supposedly the ramp up to the real show.

10or45, nrajeff, n2g and 1 other person like this.
  17. jetflier1989

jetflier1989

You are making way too much sense here in a time where most have lost all their senses!

I’m not a doctor or a scientist so this virus does not intrigue me. I could care less about it and wish it would go away. However with the “seasonal” term now attached it appears it’s NOT going away.

I feel for the ones in the high risk category. They have a long difficult road ahead of them. They need to be very, extra careful. But honestly, before all of this there was always bronchitis and pneumonia out there. That’s the killer! So there really was never a time for the high risk to be cavalier. This virus just added a new twist as its highly contagious and currently in the spotlight.

I’m sold on the advice that EVERYONE should stop putting their hands near their eyes, nose and mouth. Wash their hands regularly. Especially when they first walk inside their home or someone else’s home. It’s a dirty world out there! Also, if it’s not a problem, all should take extra doses of vitamin C everyday to fortify and boost immunity. I mean the doctors are using vitamin C in the hospitals to treat people with CVID-19. So why not use it for prevention too? A barrier of protection if you may.

I believe it’s common sense that these habits should now become a lifestyle as they can go a long way in preventing people from spreading the virus and getting sick. I think this is key because for the vast, VAST majority of us - life needs to go on. Time to accept and adapt. That’s how the human race survives.

Unfortunately like everything else nowadays it has also become political. And I’m thinking the political curve has a long way to go before it peaks.

I just saw that there are people actually spreading the virus purposely by crossing state lines and spitting on objects and food. I don’t know if these people are just sadistic sickos. Or, they have something to gain by spreading it. Makes what I said above about prevention more of an importance.

nrajeff, Bill Keith, badge315 and 3 others like this.
  18. Finestkind

Finestkind

I am in the high risk category but our work is semi essential. I go to work everyday so far as well as my coworkers. We all try to maintain proper hygiene and common sense when around each other. All of our employees were offered the option to work from home and so far only one has taken up the offer.

Currently our town off 300k has lees then 10 cases.

One thing the wife and I have decided is that we are not going to live in fear of this thing. We don't go around groups or others we know are vulnerable. I know people who are so afraid of this that they will not even go outside.

Finestkind

nrajeff, bruscifer, Quijibo and 2 others like this.
  19. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

Too bad we don't have any GT members from Italy or Spain. I wonder what their input would be.

20. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

I guess I’m just stupid too. I will use common sense and take reasonable precautions, but, I will not live in fear. I still go to work everyday. I would rather die from the virus than live in a financial and economic wasteland. This country is screwed if we don’t find a balance soon.

10or45, tuica, nrajeff and 10 others like this.