The job market in DC is tough

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by certifiedfunds, Jan 10, 2017.

1. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-clinton-loyalists-jobs-233296

"“People are in shock,” said Anastasia Kessler-Dellaccio, 35, who quit her job at Sister Cities International to run Foreign Policy Professionals for Hillary. Some Clinton campaign workers say they’ve lost their bearings, so rattled they are by the differences in Trump’s values from those represented by Obama and Clinton.

Kessler-Dellaccio added, “I think people, myself included, are trying to figure out, ‘How do I recalibrate my dreams?’”

SGM_Brown, Berto and OGW like this.
  2. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

"It’s not just that those 4,000 administration jobs are no longer available to Hillary for America alumni, or that failed Senate candidates like Russ Feingold and Katie McGinty won’t be able to hire their staff on the Hill. There are also the lobbying firms, trade associations and corporate government affairs offices that are pitching senior Obama aides’ resumes into the round file while scrambling to hire operatives with Republican connections..........It’s insult to injury for a generation of young operatives who are still managing their shock and grief from Hillary Clinton’s loss."

They can all go **** themselves. In the #@@. With a fence-post. Sideways.

I am completely sick and tired of hearing all this "woe-is-me" whining, whimpering and simpering **** from the snowflakes that can't get real jobs, real fast, in the real world.

Jesus, just imagine if HRC had been elected.

The horror.

3. OGW

OGW SAF

I love it. I wasn't a Trumpeteer, but seeing these liberal d-nozzles getting all bent makes my day.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. Bruce M

Bruce M

I am amazed at the number that apaarently did not think it was even possible.

5. M&P15T

I'm still amazed Trump won. I think it was only the Rasmussen Poll that had him winning. I spent months here saying don't let the poll numbers get to you, they can't be trusted in this election.

But sure enough I let them get to me, to the point that on election night I was sure Trump's goose was cooked. Waking up at 2AM and turning on the TV was shocking.

All those Clintonistas, just sure she was going to win. All those that had hitched their wagons to her horse that was losing it's shoes.
    [​IMG]

IamtheNRA, Bruce M and SJ 40 like this.
  6. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

The pajama boys and girls might try giving there pull ups a tug, straighten there metro eye ware and get on with life.
    Will they,no they will become professional protestors,aka community organizers like there failed savior and wallow in self pity. SJ 40

Budqweiser and janice6 like this.
  7. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Political appointees knew they didn't take a job for life, and now they'll be competing with each other for jobs outside of government. And backstabbing each other in desperation.

huskerbuttons, janice6 and SJ 40 like this.
  8. janice6

janice6

Maybe the problem is that the job skills do not fit the general market, but only the ideal market. The world is not ideal. If you depend on a political machine for your existence, you will experience hardship. Politicians put themselves first and their supporters last.

You must have contingency plans to survive, just as in any economic endeavor. In a District that is totally run by politics, how would you expect to compete if you backed the opposition and lost. Even Liberals must have a plan for survival. This is reality. You should have learned that in school and in life.

If your whole life is dependent on a religion based on a political agenda, why wouldn't you plan for some periods in time when the winds blow against you. This is a significant indication of how poor your planning abilities are, when you have no plan for losing a goal, and your existence is based on only winning all the time. I wouldn't hire you either.

Get real! Who is interested in someone that has no Plan 'B' for the time when Plan 'A' fails. Political emotional distress is a luxury only available to you when your other survival necessities have been met. Growing up means that you understand life has priorities and you prepare for them beforehand. Not when you "dream" is lost.

Real marketable survival skills rarely will ensure your economic survival if they only include politicians agendas, and not skills available to industry, business, the economy, and society. First you must survive, second you pursue your goal. Politics is not a plan for survival, it is a plan for conquest.

9. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Oh to be a U-Haul dealer in that area.................. I'd be rich!! The mass exodus of thousands of special little snowflakes is in full swing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The most beautiful site in the world!
    [​IMG]

SJ 40 likes this.
  10. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

It scares me to think that those liberals are now spreading out into other as-yet-uninfested markets. Please, DC, find a way to keep them there, with you, where they belong. Can't they just push the rats out and let them inhabit the sewers where they belong?

SJ 40 likes this.
  11. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

With a sharp chisel, big chunks of the IRS, TSA, EPA...... (and thousands of others) could be knocked off with a few hard whacks.

12. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

I think Trump is a disaster for America, but even I have no sympathy for this article.

It's just how it goes when you work in politics. Losing is terrible for your job prospects, winning is fantastic. It's a high-risk, high-rewards situation, and everyone knows it going in.

As someone noted above, if you don't have a plan for what you're going to do if you lose, you're probably not very good at your job in the first place.

13. MulletLoad

MulletLoad

My favorite pic shortly after elections. Obama WH staffers looking on as the new renter Trump checks out the property.
    They really were stunned. Until late at night they were positive they had 4-8 more years in D.C. working for Hilary and along with many other jobs that would simply exist for their access to the W.H.
    In a couple of hours, that all ended and they can't even get an entry level job in the D.C. sanitation department.
    [​IMG]

14. fastbolt

fastbolt

An unfortunate, but unsurprising, lesson for which there's a lot of history.

If someone, especially someone young, decides to link their future employment to the political fortunes of some politician, they're putting their futures at risk of unpredictable political winds, not so much in the hands of that politician. When their favorite politician is eventually out of job, and perhaps becomes out-of-favor in the real world, what do they have to fall back upon?

Not everyone can become a political commentator or mayor of Chicago.

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

But this was not supposed to happen!

308M1A, SJ 40, huskerbuttons and 2 others like this.
  16. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Amen!

janice6 likes this.
  17. OGW

OGW SAF

Not only that, but it's not fair!

18. M&P15T

[​IMG]

janice6 likes this.
  19. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

IMG_7496.GIF

medic2258, SJ 40, janice6 and 2 others like this.
  20. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

They can move and work for Carrier or Ford :)

Bruce M, Sniffler and huskerbuttons like this.