The Jaw-Dropping Difference Between the Old 'Wall' and the New Wall the Trump Admin Is Building

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by rock_castle, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

Are you saying that the only people who should ever be in Mexico are Hispanics?

2. lazarus66

lazarus66

No.

3. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

A) Illegal or legal, illiterate or skilled, bringing in labor as you're attempting to recover from a pandemic is dumb. HIRE AMERICANS and use reduced immigration sparingly.

B) Walls aren't a deterrent? Riiiight. That's why humans have relied, and continue to rely, on them for millennia.

Y'know you're right. Walls and enforcement of existing laws are not effective.

How about we just give up?

jr24 likes this.
  4. ottomatic

ottomatic

The wall on the Mexican border keeps out more than just Mexicans.

5. G19Cfan

G19Cfan

And flaunt how Trump is keeping his promises?

Are you feeling OK? :p

jr24, rock_castle and lazarus66 like this.
  6. lazarus66

lazarus66

I stood in line to vote for Trump today. Sadly I think most of my fellow voters were there to support the opposition.....

7. BBMW

BBMW

A). I agree about unskilled labor, but not skilled. If there's a pool of cheaper skilled labor out there, either the jobs will move to the labor or the labor moves to the jobs. Those are the ONLY two choices. That being the case, bring the cheaper skilled labor here, and get the benefit of the work being done here.

B). Really? I think Patton had the last word on that.

8. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Disagree on both counts.

In the former, under current law, what is produced is an excess of skilled labor, willing to work for less, that is artificially brought in solely to benefit employers. Leading to situations like Disney and Microsoft where American skilled workers are laid off, but first they get the indignity of training their foreign, cheaper replacements.

On the latter, are you referring to armed combat with modern weapons? If so, your analogy is rather goofy. No one has said the wall was the Hindenburg Line.

The actions taken by Trump, including the wall if you listen to the US Border Patrol, have significantly reduced illegal immigration from the Southern border. We're certainly not seeing caravans at the present. An unbiased reading of the article, particularly the pics, show exactly how formidable a barrier the new construction is compared to the old, which was no barrier at all.

Money well spent imo, and we'd be much further ahead with it without the mindless resistance to ANY enforcement that was repudiated by Trump's election in the first place.

To say that walls don't work is just silly.

slhfarm likes this.
  9. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock