GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
The article was very good.
Two points were made:
1. it slowed down illegal border crossers in areas where the previous barrier was barbed wire.
2. it allow fewer people to do the work of more agents.

I have no idea whether there is a great benefit when:
1. hundreds of tunnels have been dug;
2. cartels use submarines and drones for deliveries.
3, illegal entrants who have been caught are released in the USA.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Read the article earlier.

Pretty amazing.

Why Trump wouldn't put this on a jumbotron at every rally or use it for an ad is perplexing.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
But the TDS crowd will say that 30 ft wall is not a wall. What did they (TDS) expect a great wall of china?

Also the wall is part of a system as described in the video.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
The question is, is it the best way to use the money, if the idea is to prevent illegal immigration. I personally don't think so.
It's one of the best ways.

Along with enforcement of sanctions against employers, litigation against sanctuary cities/states, and deportations of those violating US laws, including the fraudulent use of SS numbers.

A gigantic reduction in H1B visas would also be a significant step.

But the point of the article, well demonstrated imo, is that President Orange Man is actually keeping a promise. Despite MASSIVE resistance and interference.

Sometimes, like when 100s of 1000s are illegally entering yearly, "Plan Right Now " beats "Plan Perfect ".

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Most of the Hispanics I know show up every day, do a good job and work hard to better themselves. But let's build a wall to keep them out.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
1 and 2 at least take a lot more effort than simply handing a few kilos to every one of the thousands (millions?) wandering over the border all the time.

Tunnels can be found and closed, new ones might be discovered with seismic sensors and whatnot, the money for "build the wall" was supposed to involve monitoring as well.

#3 is the real pain, and there's only so much a president can do about it without Congress.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Some of this would work. Some wouldn't. Some is completely irrelevant to he ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION situation (H1B).

The wall is an expensive but minor speedbump they're going to easily get over, under, around, or through.

It's one of the best ways.

Along with enforcement of sanctions against employers, litigation against sanctuary cities/states, and deportations of those violating US laws, including the fraudulent use of SS numbers.

A gigantic reduction in H1B visas would also be a significant step.

But the point of the article, well demonstrated imo, is that President Orange Man is actually keeping a promise. Despite MASSIVE resistance and interference.

Sometimes, like when 100s of 1000s are illegally entering yearly, "Plan Right Now " beats "Plan Perfect ".

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,456 Posts
The article was very good.
Two points were made:
1. it slowed down illegal border crossers in areas where the previous barrier was barbed wire.
2. it allow fewer people to do the work of more agents.

The wall is submarine-proof, but America's enemies in California still grant asylum to illegals.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The question is, is it the best way to use the money, if the idea is to prevent illegal immigration. I personally don't think so.
If you knew how the government throws money away with nothing to show for it or actively destroys what others have built, you would be grateful there is this project which accomplishes something.
P.S. On Monday morning, do you also critique the quarterback’s throws?

·
G22 4 Me
2,196 Posts
There really wasn't an old wall. That old wall is more symbolic, like painting 'No Parking.' It doesn't do anything to keep anyone out, more of a warning.

Now, the new one? That's a wall.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts