close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Gunny Challenge is over

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I received a call earlier from GJM89 at the Gunny Challenge. First three places were:

Bobby Carver
    D.K. Knight
    Tony Clemens

They shot model 38s on steel in a basic GSSF layout.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Congratulations Bobby on winning the 1st ever Gunny Match. Team Carver was well represented with 1st and 3rd. Way to go Tony. We are proud of all of you. D.K. Knight well done. Here is someone to lookout for as he has not yet reached his peak. ;c ;c ;c

3. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Congrats to the winners!

;c ;c ;c

4. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

Jerry what is a model 38????

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Noah, it the NEW 19/23 size 45GAP!!!;)

Dan:cool:

6. Fireglock

Correct.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The G38, chambered in .45GAP with 8+1 capacity shares the G19/G23/G32 frame.

8. Terminator

Terminator

Congrats Bobby and all. ;Y

9. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

CONGRADULATIONS to the "Gunny Shoot OFF" winners!!
    Well Done Bobby Carver, DK Knight and the good looking tall guy from Texas, Tony Clemens!!

Dan:cool:

10. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Yeeee Haaaaa

Well done to all the shooter in the first ever Gunny shoot off. I am sure you all had a great time. You are all real champions.

;D

Pharaoh

11. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

CONGRADULATIONS to all of the "MASTER BLASTERS" who participated in the Gunny Challenge!!!! You all are winners for being invited to participate.
    A special "CONGRADULATIONS" to Bobby and Tony.

"Go Team CARVER Mounts "

Bill

12. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

so where are the pics?

congrats - I cant wait to see the episode where this airs!!!!

13. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Congradulations to Bobby, DT knight, and Tony for the great shooting!
    I guess that win in jacksonville really put Bobby on fire !;f

14. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Likewise!
    He hasn't got the Challenge pics up yet, but Matt at CGR put up some pics of the G38/39 here. among others.
    :)

15. Fireglock

I wasn't there and GJM89 was shooting. Pics will have to come from Glock or somebody else. At least I got you the news! :)

16. Clem

Clem

WHAT A WEEKEND!! Got home this morning @ 2:00 am (flight delays). Had a GREAT time at the Gunny's Challenge on Friday morning. Chris, Scott, Dave & Julie came up with challenging variations of the three standard GSSF courses of fire using all steel targets. Plates were regulation, but three runs instead of four. On the Five To Glock & Glock 'M, the D1s, which are usually cardboard, were all steel with a falling plate for the 8" 10-ring. Three runs on each, no drops. If the plate in the middle was knocked over, no time was added. If the outer area was hit but the middle plate was still up, +1 second for each left up. Misses were +5 seconds. Time was added for the nine runs (3 on ea. event), penalty time added & a total score given. We were issued one of the brand-new Glock 38s, which as stated above is the mid-size .45 GAP pistol (which made its debut at the SHOT SHOW)and one magazine with 8 rounds of ammo to fire for familiarization. These new pistols shot GREAT!! After the match, we were able to shoot a few rounds out of the also-new Glock 39 (subcompact .45 GAP) and it's a winner, too!! Recoil is less than you'd expect of guns this size and the shots I missed were my fault, not the gun!! After we all met "the Gunny", R. Lee Ermey (of "Full Metal Jacket" fame), he drew score sheets at random to set the firing order. While waiting for the match to begin, I was able to meet most of the competitors who I hadn't met before but seen their names repeatedly in the GSSF results. It was an honor to be in the same match with them as well as with great friends made in the past who were also in attendance. Hearing the names called, I realized it was truly a "Who's Who" of the GSSF Masters. It was impossible to remain calm & collected when shooting with all of these guys! When all was said & done, Chris announced the winners. The total time between First & Fourth places was 1.85 seconds!! Mr. Dan Cavender (a super guy & great shooter) was fourth & will receive one of the G38s we shot at the match. I was fortunate enough to finish third, behind the second place winner, Mr. David Knight (a nicer & more humble man can't be found! It was a pleasure to meet you & your father!), and the big winner, Mr. Bobby Carver (who, to anyone who's ever met or spoken with him, has no equal to being friendly & humble himself!!). These guys, as well as the other competitors present, were the epitome of sportsmanship. (Yes, even you, Glenn with two N's!!). Everybody was cheering for others and congratulating jobs well done. This was a great example of why Donna & I love the GSSF matches so much! Not only do we get to shoot, but the friends made and times spent with everyone make it SO SPECIAL!! Got to meet & visit with new teammate Grady Whitelaw and his friend (and our new friend), fellow GSSFer Dave. Great couple of guys!! Shared a table at the Saturday night GLOCK dinner & awards banquet at Caesar's Palace with dear friends Bobby & Brenda Carver, Dale & Alice Rhea, Glenn Meyer, Grady & Dave. Even ran into old friend, Ray-Ray!! Great to see you again!! All of the weekend's festivities put on by Glock was first-class!! Meal and entertainment was better than great!! Best of all, visiting with old friends & making many new ones are the things Donna & I treasure the most!! Hope to see everyone down the road at some point in the near future. A big Congrats to all the attendees of the Challenge, for we're all winners just for being invited. For those unable to attend, and for those wanting an invitation next year, may you be able to attend in 2006, for you will have a time you'll never forget!! I know I won't!! Sorry so long, but it was an incredible weekend!! We expressed our thanks personally, but we hope Mr. Gaston Glock, Mr. Robert Glock, Mr. Chris Edwards, Mr. Scott Gilbertson, Mr. David Sevigny and Ms. Julie Goloski and the others at Glock, Inc./GSSF know how much we appreciate GSSF and everything they do, year around, for all of us!!! THANKS!! Tony Clemens.

17. Terminator

Terminator

Thanks for the run down Clem, and big Congrats!!!!! ;Y
    i hope to meet you all someday.

18. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Looking back at the "benefits of GSSF" thread, your post here sir pretty much took care of that with a "bullet" (pun intended).
    ;?

19. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Overall is was a great match. The format was a lot of fun and the guns shot great. I really liked the blind format, we all showed up not knowing what stages, gun or even caliber we were going to shoot, that combined with bone stock guns really equalized things.

The steel D1s were tough too with the center plate, I think just an 8 inch plate would have been a lot easier. Sometimes the inner plate would shake or bounce so it could be hard to tell if you hit it.

Chris, Scott, Dave and Julie all did an outstanding job of putting this event together and deserve lots of credit.

I ended up with great runs on the M and plate rack (had the only sub 3 runs as I recall) but got the knee knocks on the standards and could not hit a thing after that and blew out.

Congrats to the winners, you guys controlled the nerves. I look forward to shooting this match again next year.

I have pics and video of the match and Gunny's FMJ speech but I wont be able to post them until the end of the week.

20. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Thanks Clem and Matt for the reports. I shall look forward to seeing the photos and video.