Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Digest-Bo...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216264262&sr=8-1

The Gun Digest Book Of The Glock --- 2nd Edition

This book is now out in 2nd Edition as of June 13th, 2008.

I read the first one and it was great. I ordered this one and am looking forward to getting it.

I am not affiliated with the author or Amazon. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm.

Edit: I just got it. It's great. It does not replace the Ptooma book or a Glock Armorers Manual but has tons of additional great info. It goes well with the other books.
My favorite parts were about the manufacturing process. It explains all the changes over the years. Even talks about those mystery numbers and dot matrix barcode thingys on the new Glocks.

·
Atomic Dawg
1,027 Posts
I just ordered it yesterday myself. Should have by Fri. I read the first one as well and it was pretty good. I hope he doesn't focus on 1911's in this book as much as the first.

·
Atomic Dawg
1,027 Posts
From the reviews it seems as if the guy references 1911's alot in it.

Sounds cool but no thanks.
If you're reading the reviews on Amazon, they're old and referring to the first edition which he does compare everything to the 1911's. Maybe he learned from the last book to focus more exclusively on the Glock.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
If you're reading the reviews on Amazon, they're old and referring to the first edition which he does compare everything to the 1911's. Maybe he learned from the last book to focus more exclusively on the Glock.
Make sure to post back when you get it to let us know if he's still preaching about the 1911.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i will say the guy does mention the 1911 just as a comparison to the glock. The guy states in the begining that he doesnt think glocks are the best OR the worst, he is in the middle. Its a unbiased book that points out the facts and not just the PROS of the Glock.

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I enjoyed the first edition...I'm wondering what the updates are on the second.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts