Glock Talk banner

The Glock Sport holster

3664 Views 40 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  MoRivera
After all the kudos many of you have given to the Glock Sport holster, I just couldn't resist at least trying one. For $13 I've got nothing to loose. It arrived today, and I am surprised at how close to the body and how securely it holds my firearm. If any of you are on the fence, give one a try. They aren't pretty, but they do what they were designed to do very well.:)
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
After all the kudos many of you have given to the Glock Sport holster, I just couldn't resist at least trying one. For $13 I've got nothing to loose. It arrived today, and I am surprised at how close to the body and how securely it holds my firearm. If any of you are on the fence, give one a try. They aren't pretty, but they do what they were designed to do very well.:)
I just recently purchased one as well. I do like how it holds my G26 close to body. I guess it needs some breaking in, because drawing the pistol is very difficult and awkward. I'm reserving judgement until I spend more time with it.

Reactions: OldArcher

· Formerly TFLWYO
1,440 Posts
It is a decent value for the money and it does hide the gun about as well as the best OWB holsters I have tried. I agree with DEM that it is difficult to draw the gun from the holster and, for me, results in a rather jerky movement. For that reason, I only use the holster as a belt holster on occasion. But, I have a lot of them for "administrative" off-body purposes such as for nightstand or table use.

· Registered
154 Posts
I never did the silicone thing to my Glock Sport Combat holster, I find the retention works for me. Not the prettiest, but it works and its supposed to be concealed so I guess pretty doesn't really matter. I still carry IWB most of the time, though.

· Registered
37 Posts
This is my favorite running/ Mtn. Biking holster. I wiped mine with Armor All and it took care of the "stick" until it broke in. My buddies like to knock the holster...but it works like a Glock, and it does have Glock ' s name on it. Their loss. Had mine for 3+ years...

· Banned
6,431 Posts
Best holster I ever had for a G19 and G26.
No need of silicone or break in, the retention system is good and you can trim it if you want to, but does not makes sense to me.
Enjoy.
Last time I found one in the bargain bin for just $5

· Registered
107,420 Posts
I heated up the "wings" on mine and bent them so it has just enough offset to be more comfortable and easier to draw from.
I did that too. Worked great.

· Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish they would make a similar IWB holster.
I've actually considered attaching a couple loops to the top of the belt loops. That would allow me to carry it IWB. Maybe I'll give it a try and post up some pics.

· Philippians 4: 6-7
12,991 Posts
I have one as well but I must admit that I do not use it very often. Not sure why. I guess I am just partial to leather.

Reactions: ChuteTheMall

· Registered
116 Posts
I always liked the way mine carried but I didn't care for the way the gun kind of stuck in the holster. I like it about 10 times better after spraying some silicone spray down inside.i actually sent a raven concealment holster back because I didn't like it any better than the cheap one.

· Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I made an eight hour trip to and from Wyoming today and decided to use the Sport holster under an un-tucked shirt. Barely knew it was there.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.