The Glock 44 Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HEXE9, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ViperR

ViperR

Still need to see the slide disassembled and the part number that is on the extractor for the really newer ones.

2. ViperR

ViperR

So, no one is willing to take apart their slide to see the part number of the new extractor.
    This is mine on my AEHM. There is no dash-1. The new -1 was supposedly on the AEHG on up. And you know we are all wondering.
    20200802_110615 (2).jpg

3. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

I just wanted to make sure all of my friends on this thread were aware of this new aftermarket RMR-cut aluminum replacement slide for the Glock 44,

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Squid1 likes this.
  4. Squid1

Squid1

Thank y
    Thank you. My G44 has AEKP008. Should I do anything? Very accurate. Very few misfires (over 1k rounds.)

5. JN01

JN01

Mine is ADUFxxx with no part number on the extractor, but a number 2 on the round portion where yours has a 3. Perhaps the parts marking is not consistent.

6. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

I just ordered two "new" extractors this morning for my Nelson Precision slides (I already had "old" extractors for them). Once I receive them, I'll post pictures of the old and new extractors side by side. Nelson Precision is still in the process of verifying their 44X slide works with the new extractor. I'm covered either way.

CBTENGR likes this.
  7. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

In theory (based on your serial number prefix), you have the new redesigned OEM Glock 44 slide and extractor. So no, there's nothing you should do. Even if you had the old slide and extractor, there's really nothing you can do as the new extractor is (supposedly) not backward compatible with the old slide. Glock (supposedly) redesigned the slide to address an issue stemming from the slide being released on a chamber flag. So if you had an older slide / extractor (which you don't), you would want to be careful with chamber flags.

The "Glock 44X" link I referenced above is for an aftermarket RMR-cut aluminum replacement slide for the Glock 44. You'd only be interested in this slide if you wanted to mount a Trijicon RMR (or other MRDS with the RMR footprint) on your Glock 44.

Squid1 likes this.
  8. Squid1

Squid1

Thank you very much .

9. Galabar

Galabar

10. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

400 rounds of aguila 40 grain CPrn. Gun ran perfectly.

PM720 likes this.
  11. Galabar

Galabar

The heavier 40 grain projectiles (as well as high velocity ammunition) seem to work better.

12. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

Agree. I think that the gun may require a little 'shoot in' period, too. Still so much fun to shoot.

13. Jim

Jim

My G44 had been perfectly reliable from the first shot, if I loaded the mag correctly.

After about 500 rds total, it started to short-cycle on me today. Either the slide would close without traveling rearward enough to pick up the next round, or it would fail to lock back after the last round (basically the same problem).

After each range trip I had run a slightly oily BoreSnake through the barrel and put a drop of oil into the slide rails with the slide locked open.

After it started the short-cycle thing, I got more liberal with the oil in/on the rails, and that fixed it for today. But it looks like I'll actually have to clean it occasionally. Horrors!

14. PM720

PM720

Mine runs fine on 36gr Mini Mags.

15. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

Lol, everything loves mini mags

PM720 likes this.
  16. johnvictor

johnvictor

1. Legendary

2. .22LR pistol

Pick one.

Hyping the crap out of this for the last month using the term "legendary" and then releasing a yawn inducing .22lr pistol with super low capacity....is just the height of deception.

ShipWreck likes this.
  17. JBP55

JBP55

Is that the best you can do in General Glocking?

Pitmaster Will likes this.
  18. Reeferman

Reeferman

I’ve got about a 1000 rounds through mine now with 400 of them with the polish job and spring kit I put in. Only problem I had was the first time shooting it. Had several fail to lock on last round but discovered I was touching slide lock with my thumb due to grip.
    I have not had any failures as of yet with 36 to 40 grain from American Eagle, Automatch, Mini mags, Blazer, Stingers and some old Imperial and Whiz bangs.
    I use Ballistol and use a lot on it like a 1911. It’s one that has not had the updates and I guess time will tell if any issues happen with it.

19. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

Just wanted to post that I now have over 2,000 rounds through my G44.

It was just a little iffy the first 300 rounds, but runs super smooth now. Nothing done by me except more shooting. It’s a first class Action Pistol 22

Pitmaster Will, PM720 and SARDG like this.