The Glock 44 Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HEXE9, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Mot1

Mot1

Was there a trick to pressing the new rear in (lube or anything)? The polymer makes me nervous.

Sent from my iPad using Glock Talk mobile app

2. ak103k

ak103k

No. No different than any of the others Ive done. Old sight goes off from left to right, and the new sight gets pulled on from right to left. No lube.

I run the base of the new sight across a sheet of emery on a hard flat surface until its bright and the finish is gone. I took a little more off than I usually do on these, so the sight went into the dovetail a little further before it got tight, then I just turned it in like I normally do.

I did have a tiny little plastic "curly-cue" peel off on the opposite side as I finished on both, but it wasnt anything to worry about. Just a very small sliver. The tops of the dovetail looks normal and not distorted in any way too.

3. RPMSTL

RPMSTL

Regarding the sticking slide stop issue:

It appears to be a side to side movement issue as opposed to up and down.

When manipulating each side independently, mine functions properly.

When pulling both sides at same time, the way it’s meant to be used, the stop has too much lateral movement and can get stuck.

It can be released from this situation by simply pressing in on the stop. It then snaps back into the proper position.

5AF00054-A0D2-4453-876C-6BF6A28490FA.jpeg

I checked a G17 Gen 4 I had nearby, no slide stop lateral movement.

Also checked a G45. Same as the G44. Easy to get it to stick on one side.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    boilergonzo, PM720 and HEXE9 like this.
  4. RPMSTL

RPMSTL

92624F39-5CB3-49F3-A892-7D83C507B373.jpeg ECE69FCB-1926-4B33-ACCC-54282CDDC09D.jpeg

Sloppy slide stop movement is a Gen 5 feature. My G45 does the same thing. I never noticed it.

Round peg, square hole.

Make sure slide stop is in proper location, mount slide, check for proper function and go shooting.

Nothing to be too concerned about.

PM720 likes this.
  5. ViperR

ViperR

My centerfire Gen5 9mm actually has a slight amount more of lateral play than my G44's take down lever.
    Not worried about it at all. Just the nature of the new design. It'll seat itself in time. Don't fret.
    Tried every which way, up, down, lateral pressing and I can't get my G44 to stick anymore, since I simulated several field stripping's.

6. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

I think professor309 weighed several different sight sets and that info is posted over on the GSSF Forum, where GSSF shooters have installed MANY different sights. I'd say that my steel TruGlo FO suppressor height front, adjustable rear were likely the heaviest - and reliability went down the tube immediately. BUT, I just kept shooting M-22s and 1K rounds later, everything is reliable again - with my 2-ton sights.

PM720 and professor309 like this.
  7. professor309

professor309

They don’t weigh that much more.
    Here are pictures of the complete slides. I followed up on my reloading scales and the actual number was just over 1/3 oz. .368oz sounds right. I guess I didn’t take a picture.

[​IMG][​IMG]

SARDG likes this.
  8. BASE 772

BASE 772

I had a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights laying around and they worked out great for me on my G44.

Hit 2000 rounds yesterday.

heavyduty likes this.
  9. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

The G19 size? I run them on my 43. The first time I took my daughter to the range Kenny was shooting an MP5, he reached around her and held it while she pulled the trigger on a magazine full auto. Good guy.

10. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

I have the G43 size on my 43.

11. stykshooter

stykshooter

I had mine out again this afternoon. Shoot 200 rounds of Federal Auto Match and ten rounds of RWS Subsonic. It ran flawlessly with the Automatch and failed to eject every shot with the RWS. I had to manually cycle it. It would extract the empty casing and then just rechamber it. I think it was because of the heavy lube on this ammo coupled with the lower power. Anyway, I know my pistol doesn't care for it although I have shot other subsonic loads through it without problems. As a matter of fact, I am almost certain I've shot the RWS through it before. But, it is some nasty gummy stuff with that heavy wax lube.

On a brighter note.... it really likes Automatch. Here is ten rounds at 20 yards from a rest.
    target 02-23-20.jpg

Bomber Nav, heavyduty and ak103k like this.
  12. SippCelery

SippCelery

Has anyone by chance tried to shoot the G44 with a Rugged Obsidian (or other 9mm silencer)? Wondering about the weight/reliability.

13. RPMSTL

RPMSTL

Yes, I shoot one with an Octane 45 HD and a Fastfire lll attached.

Works fine with either the spring or fixed spacer around the piston.

I did install a lightened firing pin safety spring so the reset worked a little better.
    Before the lightened spring, when suppressed, it occasionally did not want to back into battery when letting off the trigger slowly to the reset. Worked fine if the trigger was slapped though.

Shot it again this morning. Runs suppressed perfectly with Mini Mag 40's, 40gr+ subsonics,
    Aquila 40 Supers and Federal Automatch 40gr.

SippCelery likes this.
  14. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

15. ishoot4thriLLs

ishoot4thriLLs

Totally agree. I will wait for some high quality plastic/polymer sights to come out.

Pitmaster Will likes this.
  16. ishoot4thriLLs

ishoot4thriLLs

Totally agree.

Pitmaster Will likes this.
  17. ak103k

ak103k

Ive put a set of the standard steel sights on two guns now, with no problems or damage.

I suppose you could damage things if you got heavy-handed installing them, but the same could be said for steel on steel, or even plastic on plastic.

I used a MGW sight pusher, and prepped the bottom of the sight prior to installing it, just ike I do with the steel slides, and it felt just like installing a steel sight in a steel slide.

Other than a very small piece of plastic peeling off as the sight pushed through, the was no damage or deformation of the dovetail, and the sights are still rock-solid tight.

SARDG, PM720 and ishoot4thriLLs like this.
  18. ishoot4thriLLs

ishoot4thriLLs

19. ishoot4thriLLs

ishoot4thriLLs

Sounds like "a very small piece of plastic peeling off" is a bit of damage to me.

20. PM720

PM720

I just used a Dawson red FO front and blacked out the stock rear with a Sharpi . Its working well so far, much better than the stock front.

SARDG and ishoot4thriLLs like this.