The Glock 44 Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HEXE9, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ak103k

ak103k

That seems to be working both ways.

The "echos" on the positive side, just seem to be a lot louder than that of the negative.

This will go on forever too, as one side just keeps responding to the other. The only difference is, one side has guns that seem to be working fine, and the side that doesnt, hasnt really shown they made any real effort to address the problem and/or at least let Glock try and make it right. We just keep seeing a rehash, of the same thing, or couple of guns, that arent working, over and over.

Id say, if theres any emotion going on here, its mostly growing aggravation over what seems to be disingenuous posting by some.

2. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

3. ak103k

ak103k

PM720 likes this.
  4. HJB

HJB Banned

Great shooting !

5. HJB

HJB Banned

I've never used that ammo but guy next to me at the range yesterday was shooting that and not happy with it at all. Seems he was having lots of FTF problems with it. Don't know an exact number but enough he was not happy.

6. HJB

HJB Banned

He was not shooting a Glock 44 but some kind of pistol / rifle contraption.

7. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I disagree. This isn't close to the scrutiny some other guns have experienced. Lots of buzz, sure, but despite the chatter, I don't think it is fair to say the G44 is getting more focus. The SIG365 certainly endured a LOT more negativity and scrutiny!

For those that recall the scorn heaped upon the SIG 365 at launch and those who owned them, this G44 banter is trivial, NOTHING compared to the criticisms and data that were generated for that. Consider the following data from just one of the crowdsourced data threads, and keep in mind this was basically ended after the first 4 months of sales (during the resolution of launch issues. After that, the issues seemed to go away and the need to collect data disappeared... at least for those with an open mind willing to accept SIG could fix it!).

Note it even has the dates of the reported striker failures, first (3/5/2018) and last (5/18/2018). Despite folks insisting the gun is still bad, folks paid a LOT of attention to the 365 threads, and a lot of opinions were offered then (and still today!). There is one thread with G44 rounds fired and serial numbers here, but nothing compared to this! See below.

https://sigtalk.com/p365/317940-updated-p365-crowdsourcing-our-issues-updated-7-16-2018-a-6.html

Brief Summary version, at the time 178 distinct data sets compiled to generate the following:

% THAT ANSWERED YES
    Have you had any failures to achieve slide lock on an empty mag in the past 3 months? 26.40%
    Have you had any failures to return to battery in the past 3 months? 7.30%
    Have you had Failure to Feed issues that required sending your P365 back to Sig for repair? 1.12%
    Have you had Failure to Eject issues that required sending your P365 back to Sig for repair? 2.81%
    Have you experienced a broken striker with your P365? 8.43%
    Have you replaced your original striker with an aftermarket striker that you felt would work better? 11.80%
    Have you experienced a defect (breakage or disconnection) with your Trigger Return Spring (dead trigger) of any kind? 4.49%
    Have you experienced excessive barrel peening that you had to have repaired by Sig? 3.93%
    Have you experienced Magazine problems or failures that you had to have repaired or replaced by Sig? 3.37%
    Have you had to send your P365 back to Sig Sauer for any repair not listed above? 7.30%
    # of Survey Responses 178

More detailed text version:

RESULTS THUS FAR Monday, June 25, 2018 at 10:40:31 AM
    TOTAL # OF RESPONSES 178
    OLDEST MFG DATE 1/19/2018
    MOST RECENT MFG DATE 6/9/2018
    TOTAL ROUND COUNT INFO FROM SURVEY
    MINIMUM ROUNDS FIRED 0
    MAXIMUM ROUNDS FIRED 5550
    AVERAGE ROUNDS FIRED PER SURVEY TAKER 624

Have you had any failures to achieve slide lock on an empty mag in the past 3 months?

YES 47 26.40%
    NO 131 73.60%

Have you had any failures to return to battery in the past 3 months?

YES 13 7.30%
    NO 165 92.70%

Have you had Failure to Feed issues that required sending your P365 back to Sig for repair?

YES 2 1.12%
    NO 131 73.60%

Have you had Failure to Eject issues that required sending your P365 back to Sig for repair?

YES 5 2.81%
    NO 173 97.19%

Have you experienced a broken striker with your P365? (Earliest reported Striker issue MFG date 3/5, oldest MFG with Striker issue reported 5/18)

YES 15 8.43%
    NO 163 91.57%

Have you replaced your original striker with an aftermarket striker that you felt would work better?

YES 21 11.80%
    NO 157 88.20%

Have you experienced a defect (breakage or disconnection) with your Trigger Return Spring (dead trigger) of any kind? (Earliest reported dead trigger issue MFG date 3/5, oldest MFG with dead trigger issue reported 5/21)

YES 8 4.49%
    NO 170 95.51%

Have you experienced excessive barrel peening that you had to have repaired by Sig?

YES 7 3.93%
    NO 171 96.07%

Have you experienced Magazine problems or failures that you had to have repaired or replaced by Sig?

YES 6 3.37%
    NO 172 96.63%

Have you had to send your P365 back to Sig Sauer for any repair not listed above?

YES 13 7.30%
    NO 165 92.70%

MD357 and HEXE9 like this.
  8. Sturmgewehre

Sturmgewehre

The emotional response cadre here doesn't want information that might even remotely tarnish the reputation of their pet brand. You're wasting your time by posting anything to this thread other than praise and glory, according to the "I have my fingers in my ears repeating Nah-Nah-Nah" crowd.

They can't even be bothered to watch a short ADD friendly video to get the facts before they comment on said video and shout you down. One even claims the Hank Strange video showed the gun having issues with the same brand/load (not factually true).

There are good people here who are looking for meaningful discussion. I know I've been helped by those people and give credit in my last video to them. Then you have the "yOuR BeEting a DeEd HOrSe" crowd that claim we're reposting the same video over and over (not true), or that we're not sharing relevant and potentially useful information (also not true).

You can't have a rational, logical, non-emotional discussion with such people. The only solution is to not engage with them.

9. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

HEXE9 likes this.
  10. pstmstr

pstmstr

Looks like you found 2 out of 3 types of ammo that ran fine in your video including bulk ammo. Looks like it shot accurately for you as well. Welcome to the we like our 44’s fine crowd. Some crap ammo won’t run. Glad you figured that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. RPMSTL

RPMSTL

Hard to tell from pic, but the damaged sleeve could also be from the disassembly process.

The G44 firing pin lug rests lower in the slide than other Glocks and can get a little chewed up if one doesn't lift up on the firing pin before fully inserting their Glock tool. It's real easy to rip up the sleeve before you realize the tool is not going in far enough to press down the sleeve to relieve pressure on the end cap.

BASE 772, curlysir, SARDG and 2 others like this.
  12. ak103k

ak103k

Far from it. I think most want to hear if there are problems and do listen.

Then you have some, who do seem to keep beating the dead horse, and just harping on things that dont seem to be the norm for the majority. And why is that? It just seems odd, that the few who do have problems (assuming they even have the gun), are the ones who keep going on about it, but really havent done anything, other than to continue doing the same things, or maybe coming around a little bit now, that others arent buying it.

No fingers in the ears here, unless its blocking the sustained sound of a couple of working 44's that must be related to the Energizer Bunny. And that is "praise and glory" too, in case you missed it. :D

And why not, its well deserved from what Im seeing, and Im sure there are a few other here who would agree. ;)

Some arent so "short", many are long-winded, and do seem to be repetitive in content, even if the video is "different".

How many have you posted that showed basically the same thing going on? Doesnt like this type ammo, mags dont work, etc.

I never really gave the clickbait thing and/or other reasons for posting up the videos a thought, until someone pointed it out, but now I am starting to understand that better.

Im from the era of "reading" too, so I can read faster, and get more from that, than watching someone drone on in monotone for a half-hour in a video. I would think that the same video could be condensed into a few minutes of reading, with a couple of clips showing the relevant parts. But, thats me, and why I usually dont make it very far through the videos. Unless they are short, direct, and to the point. Some actually are.

We got it pretty quick you were having trouble with your gun. And the info was relevant and informative, up to a point. Then the beatings began, and my morale has not improved in the least. ;)

With all those failures, it would seem to me, you had a problem gun, and it needed to be addressed. Especially since "most" of the other posters who have and shoot them, arent/werent having the same issues as you, guns, mags, or ammo.

It would be nice to hear how you were treated by Glock and how they handle it, since you seem to have a valid complaint and issue. But, youve already told us, youre not sending it back, and youd rather hold onto it as some sort of evidence that they dont work. That, sounds a little strange to me if you really are being objective about things.

If youre going to do that, then at least be a bit more scientific about things here, and pick another random gun or two, and show us the unedited clips of that. Seems like the rational thing to do, if we are being "informative" here. As I said before, a sample of one, is just that. Obviously, most of us here who have them, are seeing a more positive trend than you.

Now, if you can show us that that isnt the case, by all means post some more videos and show us. I am interested in hearing it, maybe there is something relevant in there that won't surface in my guns until down the road. Right now? Energizer Bunny!

As far as emotions go, right now, Im a very happy camper. My guns work as advertised, and Ive had no problems. I wouldnt say Im emotional about it, but I am happy with theguns I have.

If I had your gun, Id have been on the phone to Glock right quick after a couple of outings and getting them to get it straightened out, or get me a new gun.

I would think that would be the normal way you would work things out, before you started going on about problems and saying they didnt work. If you get the gun back, or a different one, and youre having the same issue, now youre on to something. And that info just became a lot more useful.

Right now, you seem to be in that mad minority. And that does sound a bit emotional. ;)

Sounds like the makings of some great material for a "Glocks Suck!" parody too! Of course, it would be a "parody".

Oh, wait, am I getting emotional now too? :p

SARDG, blake711, PM720 and 2 others like this.
  13. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Regardless of whether we are talking about accusations of click-bait, simply promoting a web site, legitimate failure testing, honest reporting, viable quality testing, or whatever you want to label the various iterations as, I think it is fair to note that it isn't directed just at Glock. That channel bought three or four SIG 365's, and had failures that were widely cited and reported on this very forum. Nothing new under the sun. In the case of the 365, there were issues. The readers get to decide if the similar is possibly true for the G44, or not.

We are two years after the launch and folks still cite the MAC failures as a reason they will never own a SIG. As I noted earlier, MAC has been consistent in the approach, but people have loved/hated the message differently (especially if they have brand biases). While one may want the refs to blow a whistle for the G44, I don't recall a similar appeal in the defense of other brands on this forum for other reviews. We accept or reject what we want.

As for the G44, the reality is that I know too many people and have read too many things to not believe Glock has a few issues with the G44 (that they will work to solve, not glaring deficiencies, but certainly some verifiable rough edges that need fixing). Certainly, the 365 had issues. Some are quick to exonerate or accuse one brand or the other of crimes, but unwilling to apply the very same filter to other brands. I believe SIG solved the 365 and gave us a fantastic little gun, and I fully expect Glock will do the same with the G44.

MAC will likely continue to test until the issues get resolved or people lose interest. Like or hate the evaluations, they do serve as true data points. Unlike most posts on this forum (posts loosely stating "my gun is perfect, it ran 800 rounds with out failure" or "this piece of junk chokes every time, and I will never trust Brand X again"), at least it has video substantiation to document the issues. You can watch and SEE how the gun runs.

This is a Glock forum, and Glock haters and Glock lovers will use whatever they can to bash the other's skulls in. And some percent of the readers are honestly curious about what the typical experience looks like, and can weed through and sort the thoughtful and angst-fueled posts for what they are.

By having these threads, one begins to form an accurate picture of reality, and to also recognize the extremes. The G44 is the new gun. It is going to be the gun folks are reporting on. Two years from now, it will be something else. Like the micro-Glock with eleven round capacity the size of a G42 with a manual safety and jumbo-sized finger grooves (or whatever!).

HEXE9 likes this.
  14. Sturmgewehre

Sturmgewehre

Thank you for taking time to try an explain the obvious, but it will fall on deaf ears. If you say something negative, show it happening and working through the possibilities, in their view it is nothing more than "droning on" for "clickbait". What these people don't realize is that a 10 minute video that's short on content but ADD friendly can be just as clickbaity. It takes considerably more time to film and edit a 30 minute video than a 10 minute video. If all I cared about was "clickbait" vs. sharing information I would do 10 minute videos.

As to why I keep defective guns... this should be plainly obvious, but I'll elaborate. It's because companies can become a bit disgruntled when you show their products not working as advertised. If they get threatening, I hold all the proof I need to prove the issues do exist in my example. If I surrender the item, I lose my evidence. They likely know this... if they don't, then I guess I give them too much credit.

15. ak103k

ak103k

Hmmm, the more you go on about this, it sounds more like you have some sort of an ax to grind, than youre being any kind of objective. It sounds more like youre looking for a fight than trying to solve an issue you might be having.

So you have "one" example that doesnt work, and youre keeping it as "evidence". OK, whatever.

What does it prove, other than you have one gun thats a problem (and every maker has them), and havent bothered to try another (3 or more would be even better) to prove that your theory is correct and show the gun really is a problem?

If it really were, then youd have all sorts of evidence that you could hold against them. Or maybe, send one back, and give them a chance to make it right and see if they fix it for you and make things right. Or does that mess things up if they did? Im getting the impression it might.

Are you keeping all the bad mags to hold over their head as well?

All you hold is one gun that may or may not work properly, and you arent giving them a chance to make it right, yet you continue to say theres a problem (which kinda sorta seems to be trailing off too). Why not let them fix it? You've already documented the problem in videos a few times now, so you have evidence that something is up. Or, is there a problem with that too?

What happens if you turn the gun over and it actually works for someone else? What then?

It doesn't matter if its a Glock, SIG, whoever, every one of them have problem guns, and normally, they are not a representative example of the line. Those that have that problem tend to go away.

I guess in the 44's case, only time will tell.

16. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

One of my brother-in-laws in Germany makes his living testing and reviewing climbing, caving, and diving gear.

He keeps every piece of gear for the same reasons you describe.

boilergonzo and Sturmgewehre like this.
  17. Roy C Woolstrum

Roy C Woolstrum

I am very disappointed in Glock at the moment I purchased a G44 and the 1st time I stripped it down the take down leaver hung or jammed so that when I put it back together and dry fired it towards the floor the slide fell off. thinking I just didn't reinstall it correctly I reassembled it then noticed that one side of the take down lever was jammed I could manually push the lever up and lock it in place but the next time I took it down it Jammed again so I sent it to warranty repair and the replaced the SLIDE LOCK and returned it not fixing the problem at all so I returned it again and received it back today... GUESS WHAT it still jams with one side down when dry firing that slide slides right off the frame... so what does it take to get this fixed?? I have owned the gun for 3 weeks and have not got to fire it yet!

18. GeoJelly

GeoJelly

OMG, now the slides are falling off ... Oh, wait, Post Count = 1 ... :chatter:

19. Roy C Woolstrum

Roy C Woolstrum

I dont know what you're getting at I have a problem I want to get it fixed I purchased this gun for my granddaughter and wont give it to her until I know its working correctly

20. Terry G

Terry G

I have to put this in here. I know it's simply not done to reference another Forum so I'll put it this way. A Moderator on another Forum did a side by side. TX22 versus G44. Both new gun's, same ammunition, mostly CCI Mini Mags, but some bulk. 50 feet, one handed, two handed, off a table. Accuracy? The same. Reliability? The same. Liked the rear sight on the Glock better, liked the front sigh on the Taurus better. 250 rounds total, not one malfunction in either. He would pick the Taurus because of the price and larger magazine. Oh, what to do?

boilergonzo and PM720 like this.