The Glock 44 Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HEXE9, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

Thanks, I’ll look into them!

2. powder86

powder86 SHOOT SAFE!

I don't own and have not fired any of the current semi auto tactical-ish 22lr guns. So I only have youtube and forums to hear about them. But I have consistently heard very good things about the tx22. It's cheaper than the glock and comes with a threaded barrel and higher cap mags. but i've heard that it's a consistent, reliable workhorse, for it's class. i have heard it's less picky with ammo compared to others in its class. but again, it's all from the internet. maybe someday i'll own both and really find out which is better. though, better is relative.

3. Toocool45

Toocool45

Rather have the glock G44. Ive got about 250 rounds through mine now. I clean it after i shoot it. Im shooting old crappy ammo through it. Its some old bulk multi hundred round box that got spilled over and mixed up. The previous 150 rounds were even worse. They were loose in a box. Those are gone. For how crappy looking and old this ammo was im suprised it functioned at all. Its getting more reliable as the round count goes up. At 25 yards, 5 shots went 3 1/4 inches. But the best 3 were 1 3/4 inches in the bullseye. Keep in mind this is ammo that i dont know what it is. Or how old it is. And also attention distracted with jams. But all 5 worked in a row. Heavy trigger too. So once ive got good ammo who knows what will happen. Im very happy with mine. Supurb trainer to me. Others may think they are crap. But once mines broken in ill really know how good it really is!

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  4. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

Not to mention the same trigger and holsters as my 19. The time spent is directly transferable. I was interested in getting a .22 training analogue, and none of the others will be as suitable as a 44.

faceplant and Buckshot Barry like this.
  5. Toocool45

Toocool45

Thats why i bought mine. I bought 2. One on the first day of release.

Pitmaster Will likes this.
  6. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

7. ak103k

ak103k

Ive been using them for about 4 months now, and they work well. Takes a little getting used to at first, and I find it works best if you only use the magnification with your strong eye, especially if you shoot with both eyes open.

8. pspez

pspez

For what its worth, I always tap my mags when I load them no matter what caliber i'm shooting.

SARDG, P-Ratt and ak103k like this.
  9. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

HAte to hijack the thread, but, does it come with non mag lenses too? It looks like the ultimate kit comes with upper and lower, didn't see any non-mag in a kit.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

ak103k likes this.
  10. Terry G

Terry G

Must be a Veteran. Load a M-16 magazine (18 Rounds only) tap the back on your helmet or any other hard surface. It becomes a habit.

11. P-Ratt

P-Ratt Got GLOCK?

I still do that too, but have not witnessed it change the orientation of the top round.

12. DevinBreeding

DevinBreeding

MAC, I have a curious idea. I’m wondering how rough the finish is on the polymer on the feed section of the magazine. I know we shouldn't have to gun smith our own firearms but I’m curious if that small wall on the top front of the magazine were simply lightly smoothed out a bit if it might help?
    09A5DDBC-39C5-471B-9594-FAE8551165B1.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  13. ak103k

ak103k

One thing Ive noticed while constantly shooting and loading my mags has been, the more they are shot, the less often Im seeing the last round sitting with the nose more downward or level when Im finished.

Early on, I had a few that looked like they might be trouble, but doing one of the little remedies took that worry away, and I really dont do anything more than maybe give the back of the mag a rap when Im done loading them, like I usually do with any other mag, 22 or not.

Something else Ive noticed too is, the negative complaints seem to have toned to almost nothing now. Is that because the guns and users have settled in and figured things out, or is it something else?

Most reports we seem to be seeing now, are pretty much all positive.

P-Ratt, ExecutiveWill, SARDG and 2 others like this.
  14. ak103k

ak103k

You dont have to buy the more expensive sets, and can buy everything separately.

I did buy the small set of top focus at first, but now that I have them, Ive bought a separate frame and set of lenses I wanted so I have two complete pairs with different colors. Should have just done that in the first place.

I use these like my safety and sunglasses as well, They just arent shooting glasses.

15. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

This video is about as fair and straight forward as you'll find.

His final thoughts begin at the 18:30 mark in the video.

16. ak103k

ak103k

I didnt watch the whole video ( I just wish they could make or edit them so they werent so friggin long winded), but I did watch from the point where you listed above on, for the most part. He obviously likes the Taurus, and thats cool, he found his gun and thats great.

Over the years, Ive had and seen enough issues with Taurus's guns, and dealing with their CS department a few times, that I wont buy them, even if everyone who posts swears they are great. That boat sailed years ago and Im glad I stayed off of it. I may be missing out, but so be it.

One thing I will say, I load my 44 mags exactly as he was loading his Taurus mag in the video and have no troubles with the 11 mags that I have doing that. I dont know whats wrong with his mags, or what hes doing with them, but something seems off there.

I shot another 200 rounds through the second 44 I have this afternoon, after putting some three dots on it this morning, and it had zero stoppages or issues. Using cheap bulk ammo my guns seem to like too, so, Im happy. This gun has had "zero" stoppages, of any kind since I bought it, and it passed 1100 rounds this afternoon (thats 110 loaded magazines too, if anyone is counting. ;)).

If hes continually having an issue with his gun feeding from any way its loaded, he should either send it back and have them look at it and fix it if necessary, and/or sell it off and move on. Why continue to put yourself (and us) through that, unless theres something else going on there.

Since that gun also seems to continue to be an issue, it would interesting to see a couple of different guns being evaluated and see if the same problems exist. That would clear up if its just "that gun", or something that is across the board. Which obviously, from the sounds of most of the others who have them and are posting their experiences here, that doesnt seem to be the case.

So right now, were supposed to base the whole of the 44 experience, on his one gun and continually feeding it ammo it obviously doesnt like, and/or that of one or two others who have been vocal and made videos.

I cant say my guns wont do the exact same thing, as I havent tried them with what hes been shooting, but I do know, they work great with the magazines I have, and the few different loads Ive tried, and the "cheap stuff" Im using, is CCI 40 grain Blazers, which are about the cheapest on Ammo Seek, when you search and compare buying in bulk (5000 round cases).

As far as cost goes, I buy what I like and I dont worry too much about what they cost, as long as they work. I always seem to find a way to finance things I want, and Im basically on a limited income at this point, and I never really made the "big bucks" when I worked full time either.

If money is an issue for someone, then by all means, buy the Taurus and have fun. Sounds like a deal.:)

17. Pitmaster Will

Pitmaster Will

My Dad had a Taurus 92, a square corner kept hitting a radius on the locking block, which cracked it and he sold it after the warranty repair. I know a young lady who has a 111 g2, it's not a bad gun per se but the trigger has more hitches and rubs than I've ever seen, it seems reliable though. For some reason it shipped in a plastic wrapper with a quarter cup of oil in it.

Hey, I've never shot a tx 22, and wouldn't presume to tell the owners they made bad choice. Just wish people respected by G44 purchase as well.

faceplant and PM720 like this.
  18. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

I've avoided Taurus like the plague my entire life.

But several of the guys I shoot steel and USPSA with own a TX22 and had nothing but great things to say.

So after shooting theirs on several occasions, I went out and bought one.

So far not a single hiccup or failure with just over 7,000 rounds of Blazer thru it. It just plain works.

If Glock gets the bugs worked out and introduces a .22 in a G17 or G42 frame, I'll buy one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    faceplant, PM720 and ak103k like this.
  19. pstmstr

pstmstr

And posted MANY times. Seems most are enjoying their 44’s than having problems. Continuing to feed the pistol ammo you know it doesn’t like seems pretty pointless as well. Oh well, I guess it gets more YouTube views. No one has offered to sell their used POS 44 yet. I’ve got 5k rounds of mini mags to run thru mine with 5 spare mags. Sure hope it doesn’t blow up in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20. 5.4 Shelby

5.4 Shelby

I think the MAC guy (Stuerm..) is trying to be fair and consider all possibilities that we have raised. The one he hasn't yet is another G44. I would like to see that also. I said in another post, I think he got a bad one.

Don't know where he lives, but, someone should let him try theirs. OR, Maybe Glock should send him a loaner to test on video.

With that said, The Taurus was recommended to me by several people. I seriously considered it. The price is right and they seem to work very well.

I went 44 because I want my wife and kids to be able to learn to shoot on a gun set up almost exactly like my G19