The Glock 44 Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HEXE9, Dec 9, 2019.

1. uofaengr

uofaengr

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Terry G likes this.
  2. Terry G

Terry G

Mine is one rimfire at a time like the centerfire one. I would think that you would have problems with the base's overlapping.

3. ak103k

ak103k

Thats what Ive seen, that, and the rounds dont always end up laying in the mag right, or end up right when the spring is released.

Seems like more work to actually. I dont have any troubles just loading them like they were meant to be loaded.

4. blake711

blake711

Have any of the YouTube complainers contacted Glock?

I also was wondering about peoples grips. These are light snappy guns with HV ammo. Walther p22 and others are notorious for not cycling with week grips.

5. ak103k

ak103k

It would be nice to hear the after action, if there even was any.

I get the feeling unless there was something catastrophic happened, and something actually broke, most wont even call, and just keep *****ing.

As far as how you grip the gun, I cant imagine why you would grip it differently than anything else.

At least I dont.

Joe A. likes this.
  6. 1911junkee

1911junkee

THANK YOU!

7. Joe A.

Joe A.

I use a Mag Lula for my high capacity centerfire magazines and one for my other for 22 rimfire pistols. The Glock 44 magazines load just fine for me, just one round at a time and releasing the 2 buttons after each round.

Joe

8. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide NRA Life Member

I didn't know that there was a special procedure for loading the magazines. I just pulled down on the buttons on the side of the magazine and stuck one round at a time in there.

9. uofaengr

uofaengr

Correct, that's exactly how the manual instructs to load them. Some people were having to bump their mags or similar to get the top round oriented just right, but it seems like maybe some of that is working itself out over time like ak103k mentioned.

10. stykshooter

stykshooter

I haven't seen Remington Yellow jacket ammo on the shelves around here for a long time. Probably ten years or so. Not that I've really been looking either. I ended up picking up several boxes the other day and ran 100 rounds through my G-44 today. I was very pleasantly surprised! Below is a target with ten rounds off of the bench at 20 yards. A 33 grain bullet at 1,500 f.p.s., Its a pretty snappy round. 100 rounds of it ran smoothly today with the exception one strange fail to eject. For some reason the casing ejected and was back in the chamber reversed. Like it spun on its axis. I was kinda worried about that funky shaped truncated cone bullet but it fed and fired fine, and I was more than happy with the accuracy. Not a cheap round as they were almost $5.00 a box of 50, but they work pretty god.

Yellow Jacket.jpg

11. G21H30

G21H30

Mag Loader 3.jpg Mag Loader 2.jpg
    I have 2 Advantage Arms conversion kits and the magazine loader that comes with them works great with my G44 magazines. It is a lot like the standard magazine loaders that come with every other Glock pistol.

12. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

Has anyone performed a structured, head-to-head comparison (i.e., same broad range of ammo) between a Glock 44 (.22 LR Glock 19 conversion) and an Advantage Arms .22 LR Glock 19 conversion?

13. Terry G

Terry G

I don't own a G44 (yet) but I have had a AA .22 conversion for my G21 for four years. I have three magazines which I load one round at a time with the Uplula loader. No malfunctions except for half a dozen or so failure's to fire which fired with a second try. I have used only CCI Mini Mags, Remington Golden Bullet's, CCI Blazer. I clean it every time I'm done shooting, especially the chamber. I would give the Kit a straight A. The only down side is the much lighter slide which will cause me to shoot higher from the draw.

14. G21H30

G21H30

Post # 131 in the following thread
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gssf-rimfire.1801254/page-7
    This was a very limited comparison between the two as the weather conditions were not very shooter friendly.

15. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

Thank you, G21H30!

Were there any malfunctions with the Gen2 G19 / AA? The initial results seem to suggest the Gen2 G19 / AA is as accurate if not more so than the G44.

16. Wildman9870

Wildman9870

Only thing i can add to “what i’ve heard” i called Cabelas to see if any more we’re in. I was told by the guy” there would be more in 5-7 days, but that they have been BLOWING UP, his exact words. Well my neighbor has one we have test extensively and i told him i’d see what i could find out.
    After several days of reading EVERYTHING i can find on the 44! I’ve came to a conclusion!
    The SALESPERSON i talked to at Cabelas should be FIRED.
    Seems like some mag problems, and dirty firing pin channel are majority of the issues. So! Those issues will not prevent me from buying one, cleaning? Simple! Mags ?
    You know will be delt with,but “ they been blowing up”
    That from what i’ve read is BULL****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SARDG, ak103k and PM720 like this.
  17. Wildman9870

Wildman9870

Well!
    Here’s another way at looking at some problems with a NEW gun.
    We don’t live in a world of perfect, EVERYTHING IN mass production has some problems, my brother just bought a new $62,000 pickup,wrecker picked it up on his way up fishing 241 miles, motor JUNK.
    Look at the never ending re-calls
    Most undependable gun i EVER OWNED was an 1100 Rem. 3in mag, but had little money and just lived with it, still got it,and there NEVER was a solution for there problems. If the glock44 has some problems?
    They will be figured out!
    HELL! You guys are doing it right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

Wouldn't it make sense for Glock to put out an official statement at this point? "Despite the magazine design flaw, we stand by the perfection of the G44." Or something to that effect.

At least this way, when someone walks into Cabelas and says, "I'm interested in a Glock 44, however, I have concerns" the employee can refer them to the official Glock statement rather than parroting internet talking points.

ak103k likes this.
  19. ak103k

ak103k

You should talk to the manager and let him know. Something like that, that drives down sales, would certainly affect "his" bonus. He might actually care, a little. Then again, it is Cabelas.

Im surprised you can actually buy a gun there. Feels more like youre going through the TSA with their check out process than buying a gun. Most places I go, its a 5 minute thing once you make your choice, not a half hour plus. It also doesnt take half an hour just to get to look either. :rolleyes:

Took someone I know, over two hours to get through the farce once. They "lost" his gun somewhere in the checkout process. "It here, we just dont know where. Go walk around, we'll call you when we find it." **** that! :mad:

I dont shop there, and really dont even like to go there anymore.

20. tercel89

tercel89

The G36 isn't the only red-headed stepchild anymore LOL .