The Glock 44 Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HEXE9, Dec 9, 2019.

1. MajorD

MajorD

Decided to rent my local indoor range 44. I ran a comparison with my tried and true S&W 422.
    Accuracy out to 50 feet close to the 422. One malfunction in 150 rounds compared to about the same in my 422.
    I felt if I had no other 22 option in hand it would be a solid choice but since I have like 6 .22 pistols it appears the Glock 44 is not n equal footing with my already in stock .22 plinkers. If I happen to stumble into one cheap or something I would be happy to have it, but see no need to replace my smith and Wesson Colt and beretta pistols right now.
    My current Glock inventory is composed of all pistols I got free for winning matches so if a free prize certificate comes my way a 44 it is

Doc Holliday likes this.
  2. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

88C41F8E-7B08-4D03-9898-530718C2BE55.jpeg

How about them apples.

PM720, SARDG, Quade and 6 others like this.

3. skyfall

skyfall

Great price for a new release pistol.

4. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier NRA Benefactor

Our local Ranch Supply just received 4 of the Glock 44 pistols. They are very light and grip friendly. The price here is $369 dollars.

5. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

So eureka. Hitting Chic Fil A drive through. From dry firing the pistol on drive home I realized something that hasn’t been mentioned. It’s a Blowback action! It’s one you can disassemble obviously, not a fixed barrel. But blowback in every sense of the word.

Also, the recoil spring to FP spring balance is on the raggedy edge, at least when evaluated by standard Glock specs.

I believe if any have teething problems it can likely be remedied by more break-in and a stronger grip..

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Not to hijack the thread, but I had one of the badly-chattered barrels and Taurus sent me another threaded replacement barrel that is absolutely perfect, without even having to send in the bad one, and are sending me two extra 16-round mags for the trouble, too. Bought it for $189.00 after the rebate.

Now back to the Legendary G44 Perfection...

mgs likes this.
  7. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

We ran another 800rds thru my BIL new G44.

The first day he shot 500rds combined of Blazer and Federal AutoMatch and it ran perfectly.

Yesterday on steel plates and an MGM plate rack we ran 200 CCI Blazer, 200 CCI mini mags, 200 Federal AutoMatch and 200 Remington Thunderbolts.

Our opinion has always been that Thunderbolts are bottom of the barrel junk .22LR, and yesterday didn’t change that opinion.

The G44 ran 100% flawlessly with the 600 combined rounds of Blazer, mini mags and AutoMatch.

But the ThunderJunks were a different story. Out of the 200rds, we had 6 failures to feed and 3 failures to fire. The firing pin hits were solid, but those 3 didn’t ignite. Not even on the second attempt.

Overall I am very impressed with the G44.

And the fact it doesn’t like ThunderJunks, well I don’t hold that against it.

8. CESwartz07

CESwartz07 Sheep Dog

Copied from M4Carbine
    Just to expound upon this; a revised armorer’s parts order form was released on 1/14. Going through it, I found the following parts are unique to the G44:
    Barrel
    Thread barrel
    Thread protector
    Threaded adapter
    Extractor
    Extractor depressor plunger & spring assembly
    Firing pin assembly
    Firing pin safety
    Locking block
    Recoil spring assembly
    Rear adjustable sight*
    Slide cover plate
    Slide lock
    Slide stop
    Trigger w/ trigger bar
    Trigger mechanism housing w/ ejector
    Cleaning rod/brush
    Case package**

The following parts are confirmed to be interchangeable with at least some other models:
    Connector
    Magazine catch
    Front sight
    Slide lock spring
    Trigger housing pin
    Backstrap/beavertail kit
    Trigger pin

The slide is obviously unique, but so is the frame, most notably where the locking block is located. Your not gonna be able to swap with a G19 the slide or frame.

* the rear sight uniqueness appears to be height related only, but I’ll be attempting to use a standard Dawson sight set on mine. I’ll try to remember to update with what kind of things I run into, as well as from/rear height difference needed to get POA/POI.

**case only appears to be different when bought as a replacement from Glock due to a different cleaning rod and owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr Meeseeks and SARDG like this.
  9. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

$369 here, as well. They just got several in. And wow... that gun is light! Looked to be nicely executed. They had the first round issues, and general random failures that .22lr brings, but overall felt it was a decent gun. I didn't shoot it, but that was the general consensus from the folks there who bought one and shot it on the range.

Dog Soldier likes this.
  10. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

While I still feel it will sell well and I might eventually get one, after handling it I still feel the same. It is just another viable option, but doesn't thrill me. For me, lacking the ability to have a red dot mounted on it and needing extra money to buy a threaded barrel, it isn't going to be near the top of my priority list.

I expected it to be light, but it felt lighter than I expected, and did feel like a quality product. Glock did a good thing, finally releasing a .22lr. And it looks to be a good gun. Over-hyped out of the gate, but it seems to be doing exactly what it needs to do to win people over! The failures we are seeing are not surprising, and don't worry me. If they hadn't seen some issues with .22lr, I would have been stunned.

11. Ranger54

Ranger54

Picked mine up this morning at GT Distributors in Austin. Just cause I did the Warranty thing, and when I did I received at 20% off code for purchase from Glock's store, soooooooo, threaded barrel kit ordered and hopefully on the way. Probably not able to shoot the 44 till next week.

boilergonzo and CESwartz07 like this.
  12. 1911junkee

1911junkee

Picked mine up yesterday, took it to the range today. This is the perfect practice piece for me, it has the exact same ergos, and trigger pull as my GLOCK 19. This is a lot of gun for the money!
    I ran 210 rounds through it, one fail to feed in the 3rd or 4th mag, one stovepipe in the 6th or 7th mag all the rest sailed right on through.
    I am writing both incidents off as $h!t ammo, and a gun not broken in.

I couldn't be happier with this .22! Very accurate right out of the box! I like my Ruger MK IV 22/45, but I absolutely loooooooove this GLOCK! The three years in R & D shows, this gun is flawless! JMOHO

Please excuse the grainy pix.

44 1.JPG 44 1.JPG 44 2.JPG

Mr Meeseeks and Grabbrass like this.
  13. DevinBreeding

DevinBreeding

Hickok is sponsored yes but he specifically will not take money from firearm manufactures. I’ve see him highly critical of KelTech before. He's 6’8” and routinely doesn't put much weight on a firearm causing discomfort as it doesn't often apply to most people. There are many of the “100% glowing, positive, you just gotta have it reviews“ on YouTube. Hickok and his son are not one of them. Quality individuals those two.

Capttjk, Quigley, Quade and 2 others like this.
  14. Dog Soldier

I agree with your post. Thanks

Quade and DevinBreeding like this.
  15. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

5931A3CE-A332-4F21-AE4D-4CD4A3A4A1FD.jpeg

Thats 25 yards, 10 shots, Standard Velocity CCI, offhand. Let’s blame the low left shot on having a cold, shall we ;) Ran 60 rounds of SV with no problems at all, strong ejection. I grip hard; ymmv.

Ran 10 rounds of 36gr CCI Mini Mag HP’s which of course worked flawlessly.

Ran 30 rounds of Federal Bulk purchased in 2008 and had 1 FTE. That happened during a blazing plate run, and it’s entirely possible my thumb rubbed the slide. This happened a lot back when I had an AA conversion kit. If you rub the slide at all on a 22, it will choke. So I’ll call the single malfunction 50/50 junk ammo or human error, honestly don’t know.

Out of curiosity I was able to replicate a first round malfunction mentioned by another member on here. If round #10 is not angled up, and you ride the slide home, it will catch on the ramp. I was able to ease the slide back and it chambered the same round correctly.

BE4D552C-2B1D-40D5-9730-7172FFCCCE20.jpeg

Just as they suggested (gotta scroll back and see which member it was), turn the mag upside down and take the pressure off all the rounds. This corrects the angle on your first round.

CDEF07E4-42B6-4991-83B6-A8AA27C1676E.jpeg

I also find it helpful to pay attention loading each round. May not be necessary, but there is a nice little rim-sized notch toward the back of the mag. I gently let each rim catch in that, working spring pressure back and forth. Probably not necessary.. will do lots more testing once I’m over this cold. Can’t wait to get some good sights and shoot her off a sandbag. Got a case of CCI SV to burn through, a case of Blazer coming in the mail, and many bricks of Federal Bulk my dad bought back when Obama first got elected. Fun times ahead.

Dog Soldier, boilergonzo and jyoung like this.
  16. skyfall

skyfall

I like that it shoots with just a non-copper coated bullet. The bulk lead is just cheaper to shoot and I have many rds. of this,plus CCI H.P. Thanks for the report.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  17. bradleyepb

bradleyepb

I will chime in with a report on my 44. At 400 rounds as of today. Several different ammo brands all functioned perfect so far. Accurate and a riot to shoot! I will also edit to add my SR22 always choked on federal spitfires 31gr 1500fps and the Glock loves them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CESwartz07 likes this.
  18. Joe A.

Joe A.

I picked a Glock 44 up today at 359$. Also 1 spare magazine at under 26$ which I felt was a couple bucks or so high.

Once home, I cleaned the barrel and applied Ballistol to lube points. I then went up to farm to feed the cats and fired the 3 magazines loaded with CCI mini mag hp. No first round issues but I did invert the magazine so top round was positioned slightly up. The 30 rounds fired with no issues. The first magazine or so the rounds hit a little high but last 20 rounds hit dead on. Accuracy seems to be there. I wished I hadn’t been short on time or I would have fired more.

Trigger pull measured 5.6#, same as my Gen 4 19. I wondered how the no finger grooves of the 44 would feel compared to my Gen 4 but I couldn’t notice any difference. I am now 22 caliber handgun poor with 8.

Tomorrow I hope to put some mileage on it. I will report back.

Joe A.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    skyfall likes this.
  19. Dog Soldier

Great Pics, Thanks.

20. 1911junkee

1911junkee

Good price Joe! I paid $400- OTD. Someone at GLOCK must have screwed the pooch, my 44 came with three mags.
    Undoubtedly the finest .22 pistol I have ever owned! I highly recommend!