The Glock 44 Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HEXE9, Dec 9, 2019.

1. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

The G44 is manufactured 100% in-house, just like every other Glock pistol.

2. JBP55

JBP55

What he said.

Bradley T and Buckshot Barry like this.

3. 58sniper

58sniper Silver Member

Exactly. It's what they do with all the other models that support more than 10 rounds.

4. GixThis

GixThis

Umm no

Doc Holliday likes this.
  5. Major Mark

Major Mark

But a Ford Pinto in good shape today is more valuable than when they were introduced.

northslope66, GixThis and boilergonzo like this.
  6. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

The youtube videos I've watched shows USA on the slide, so I'm thinking Smyrna, GA

7. Struggle_Russ

Struggle_Russ

You that upset over aftermarket support comparisons you want to divert to accuracy?
    How many rounds have you shot through yours to prove a combat accurate handgun company has made a better than combat accurate 22lr G19?
    When it doesn't happen, there won't be any crow to eat. Neither of us will be surprised it shoots combat accuracy. So what does that have to do again with aftermarket support?

8. jmohme

jmohme

And were a far better car that that piece of crap Chevy Vega.

northslope66 and boilergonzo like this.
  9. Struggle_Russ

Struggle_Russ

It fouls. Depending on who you ask, it fouls it up a bit or it fouls it up something fierce.
    No to be honest, it's possible it could be something perpetuated on nothing. Then again, doesn't Glock themselves say not to use lead rounds in their factory barrels? If they have said that, it makes it more puzzling to use the same rifling in a 22lr. Unless Euro shooters don't use much other than jacketed 22lr ammo which could be the case. I've never put unjacketed lead round through a Poly-rifled barrel but from the cleaning I've had to do of other 22lrs with other rifling, if polygonal is supposed to be worse then geez man, it'll be a pain at a minimum dealing with it. Worst case it clogs up in your bore before you notice.

I don't really expect center-fire reliability either to be honest. The idea I had was that if Glock was deciding to bring a 22lr to market over something like a hellcat or p365 competitor, maybe they were bringing the thing I don't think anyone argues over from them; reliability. Seeing the polymer slide info made me think this was closer to reality. But apparently not.
    But I guess for folks who want to train with 22lr to prepare for 9mm this is cool. I don't know who does that though.
    I'm already wondering this evening why they didn't just release their own 22lr kit as a complete upper for a G19 at this point. THAT would've been something that would make sense to just about everybody I think.

10. xTerpx

xTerpx

Ouch, that was my first car (and totaled it the first day).

tuica likes this.
  11. SonOfa91B

SonOfa91B feel-good bubble buster

It’s hard to say the G44 interest me much...or at all, but I’d be willing to give it a whirl for the sake of saying I did.

SO91B

12. MajorD

MajorD

Considering it is a .22 will dry firing be required to field strip? Not a good idea with a .22!

rlewpolar and ithaca_deerslayer like this.
  13. fg17

fg17

Wonder of there will be a GSSF division for it?

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  14. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

You worry about such things?!? They're guns, not fashion statements.

I guess if ya gotta ...

Just remind the S&W boys that the G44 at least doesn't come with a keyhole in it.

Remind the SIG boys that the G44 doesn't come in rainbow swirl.

Remind the CZ boys that the .... ummm .... nevermind CZ is badass. You're on your own there.

Johnix, AdamRodgers, Taroman and 2 others like this.
  15. zaitcev

zaitcev

Kel-Tec CP33 has 33.
    Taurus TX22 has 16.
    Walther PPQ 22 has 12.
    Of course some have magazines smaller than 10 as well.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    boilergonzo likes this.
  16. HardRice

HardRice

Finally we know what the 44 is...

My CDO relaxes now

17. Bradley T

Bradley T

I used to be scared of dry firing .22's but it doesn't really hurt. Why would anyone purposely build something that would dent the breech with the firing pin?

18. Dave Lively

Dave Lively

The Glock 44 is going to compete more with the Ruger SR-22 and S&W 22 compact than other 22s and I expect it will be a pretty big seller in that class.

My S&W 22 compact is pretty accurate if I shoot it slowly and carefully. But its light weight, short sight radius and a trigger that feels like a striker fired pistol make it much harder to shoot as well as larger 22s like the Buckmark, Ruger Marks, S&W Victory and 41. I expect the G44 to be similar. If you want to practice with a 22 that feels like a striker fired carry pistol it will work well. If you want to bounce around a can or shoot at small steel targets a bigger 22 would be a much better choice.

I have mixed feelings about guns like this for new shooters. They do feel more like a carry pistol with many of the same drawbacks for accurate shooting. But if you want to instill confidence in a new shooter and have them enjoy time at the range there is nothing better than a bigger 22 that lets them start shooting well quickly.

boilergonzo likes this.
  19. Bradley T

Bradley T

The G44 Load Assist Magazine looks pretty easy to load. Also looks like it'll cost about like a G19 magazine.

Man, I just can't stop thinking about getting one!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Quade and AdamRodgers like this.
  20. Made in Austria

Made in Austria

It's okay to dry fire a modern and even many older designs like the Ruger 10/22. The firing pin is being prevented from hitting the much harder than brass chamber/barrel by a cross pin, or some other type of firing pin/striker stop mechanism. Of course, that firing pin stop pin and pin hole in the firing pin can and will wear out over time, but that probably takes many thousand dry firings.

If you dry fired it a lot, you can check how far away the firing pin stops before hitting the chamber/barrel by pushing the firing pin all the way forward with a screw driver or some other tool. If gets too close, you will need to replace the firing pin or striker and firing pin stop pin.

AdamRodgers and Bradley T like this.