The Glock 43x and 48 Thread.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Turnkey7242, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Glock 43X

51.7%
  2. Glock 48

48.3%
  1. Bradd D

Bradd D

I'm thinking there's probably a reason why other guns don't use aluminum catches.

Grabbrass, Fatboy2001 and happyguy like this.
  2. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

I went locally in search of a Glock 23 or 27 a couple of weeks ago, couldn't find either. It seems .40 Glocks, new or used, are a hot property right now, or at least around here.

Ended up with a 48 just because it felt so good in the hand. The 43X was tempting as well, but the extra barrel length on the 48 appeals to me. I honestly haven't carried a Glock for personal protection in several years, but I've been toting this 48 around just about everywhere.

It has the silver slide, which I'm a little torn on, but I may pick up an all black model to have a spare. Got some X/S night sights I'm getting ready to install.

slym2none, Fatboy2001 and happyguy like this.

3. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

I agree 100%.

4. Crane1

Crane1

Well, I wish someone would resolve the mag catch issue. I want to go to the SA 15 mags for my G48. However, I will not take a chance on them until the issue is more satisfactorily resolved. I am sticking to the OEM mags until then. I am thinking a polymer mag catch with steel insert would be the way to go.

5. Bradd D

Bradd D

I'm going to stick with OEM mags for now. A 100 % increase in the cost of mags isn't worth a 50 % increase in capacity. I don't pay $40 for Wilson 1911 mags.

Mr Wasabi and FireMedic-50 like this.
  6. drew-67

drew-67

Hi, does anyone know if they offer replacement “Steel” OEM Sights for the Glock 48?

I see their listed for other Glock models but haven’t found them for the 48..

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Loughton

Loughton

8. Noponer

Noponer

No comments. Starting a separate thread.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  9. JGIORD

JGIORD

I'm waiting for a G48 MOS!!! Come on Glock. :fred:

Deadduck357 likes this.
  10. WestTexTech

WestTexTech

Since i don't want to cull 114 pages of posts and a lot of what i have read is raising a question in my mind -

What is the deal on Springfield Armory XD models?

They use metal (steel or alum?) mags, but don't know if there mag release is polymer or metal?

For that matter Sig, CZ, S&W and all the rest. I know everyone else uses metal mags but don't know about release in their pistols. Heck even an AR with magpul mags?

11. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

12. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Don't see it listed either - Gen 4 - 5. Not "slim" frame. I'll contact them and see what they say. I would get one for sure. :cheers:

happyguy likes this.
  13. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

My two S&W Shields had excellent stainless mags and a steel mag catch. However, they did not hold fifteen rounds like my G48. :D

happyguy likes this.
  14. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

They use metal.

15. JohnP82

JohnP82

This is what I am looking for as well. All I see on their site is night sights in the slim size, but I want the standard steel sight.
    I sent an email inquiring if they will be available sometime, but have not heard back get.

drew-67 likes this.
  16. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

I'm still holding out for the Railed versions. Glock needs to quit dragging their asses and get them to the states.

happyguy likes this.
  17. Vincent Black

Vincent Black Need a cup?

After carrying my Glock 19 for years, I finally got a Glock 48 (Factory Black slide) and 6 S15 mags and their mag catch. I have a NDZ mag catch incase the SA catch gives me any issues, but so far it seems to be holding the magazine in just fine.

I hope to shoot it soon to see how this shoots compared to my G19. I love how it fits my short fingered hands so much better than the G19. Grip feels much better and I think I will be able to shoot this one handed better than the G19.

Trigger reach is far better as well, I needed a shorter reach trigger in my G19 to get enough finger on the trigger to reliably disengage the trigger safety to fire it, no need for that with the G48.

I held off on the G48 till I could see how the mags were doing for everyone else and when I saw how well they were working, I finally took the plunge.

I figure the gun will have a bit more recoil than the G19 since it has less mass, but I can't be sure till I fire it. Either way, I don't anticipate any real issues there since it fits my hands so much better, I'm bound to be more accurate with it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  18. JGIORD

JGIORD

Vincent,
    I had the same issue with the G19, it was just a bit too thick in the grip. The G48 fits greats and makes it much easier. It does have a bit more recoil but still is manageable.

19. Vincent Black

Vincent Black Need a cup?

Thanks for the report on how it shoots, I kinda figured it would, but it fitting my hand so much better will more than make up for it.

BTW, I still have my Gen4 G19, no plans to sell it, I ordered a Nomad 9 frame for it and will be getting an Overwatch Precision polymer trigger as well. From what I can tell, it sits a bit further back than the OC custom trigger that I have now. I'll take every extra millimeter of trigger reach I can get. I will post pics and let you all know how it improves (Or not) the G19 for me.

Either way, the G48 is now my new goto pistol and will be the main gun I carry from here on out. Hell, I might even get a second one, but I think I'm going to hold out for the rail version assuming that it's still coming to the U.S. market anytime soon.

20. Blaker55

Blaker55

My 48 came with steel (I think) Glock night sights.

drew-67 likes this.