The Glock 43x and 48 Thread.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Turnkey7242, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Glock 43X

51.8%
  2. Glock 48

48.2%
  1. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

You guys who are using Shield magazines with the stock magazine release are in for a surprise. I spoke with Shield about that and they say your stock release could be toast in a few reloads.
    Don't believe me? Call them yourself. I don't see why you wouldn't change it anyways since it's such an inexpensive part. Other than it being a bit of a pain to deal with the spring that retains it.

2. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Because nobody wants to Booger up a bunch of Factory mags using an aftermarket metal mag release.

Factory mags play nice with the factory mag release.

There’s no free lunch.

HiPowerRon and glocker1 like this.

3. diamondd2

diamondd2

I think we are all pretty much aware of this. But thanks.

4. Fredw1960

Fredw1960

I’ve had an aluminum extended mag release in my 43X for about 4000 rounds using only my 6 Glock 10 round mags and don’t see any extra wear on them. I have 6 S15 mags as well and still have the factory mags in my rotation. I’m not too worried.

peepaw likes this.
  5. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

peepaw likes this.
  6. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

Just got my first gun today. Glock 48. I had been practicing at the range with a 19, but they're quite difficult to find. Went with the 48. Ordered it on the 21st, delivered today.

First impressions, size and fit is very nice. However, when shooting, I definitely noticed the slimness versus the 19. The recoil may be a little more pronounced. I'd have to shoot them back to back to tell. Took about 10 rounds to get my aim down, then I was fine at 5yrds, pretty good at 7, and okay at 10yrds. I put about 75 rounds through it.

I really like it. I put a Hogue grip on it and it fills my hand much better. Haven't shot with the grip yet, but I definitely like how it feels in my hand.

It came with the Glock OEM night sights. I think I would prefer something bright orange on the front. My eyes ain't what they used to be, and they weren't ever all that good to begin with! But the NS's will do just fine for now.

Overall, I'm very happy with it and excited to get back to the range. Might have to go in the morning.

7. jamppp

jamppp

Done this to all 4 of my Glocks. They are also GNS and this is as well
    Very pleased with the results
    optics planet. https://www.opticsplanet.com/amerig...cks.html?_iv_code=AR-AP-PROGLFRNT-GL-212-OR-Q
    [​IMG]

Tuner Sandwich likes this.
  8. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

9. JackC53

JackC53 Learn About Deep State Millennium Member

Thanks so much! I may just replace the trigger shoe.

10. Gettysburg

Gettysburg

Like a pair of new boots, I don't change anything about a new pistol until I've broken them in....like at least 500 rounds. Best of luck with the new G. great choice.

Tuner Sandwich likes this.
  11. JackC53

JackC53 Learn About Deep State Millennium Member

Took delivery today of the G48 and headed to the range. I put around 80 rounds of S&B 115 and 20 rounds of Lehigh Underwood 90gr +P and 10 rounds of Speer 124gr Standard pressure through it with absolutely 0 hiccups. Example of accuracy in pic of Shoot Steel target at 10-15 yards. Will be replacing OEM sights with Trijicons, but OEM are OK. Biggest pleasant surprise was the trigger was awesome and did NOT pinch my finger as I had expected it to; maybe it will if I keep shooting 10 mags/session? This is going to be my primary CCW if I don't start seeing hiccups! Man, this gun is a shooter, and should improve with Talon grips.
    Resized_20200406_105400.jpeg Resized_20200406_173712.jpeg

12. ViperR

ViperR

A quick question on you 43X/48 owners:
    I looked at my connector and noticed it is a minus ("-") 4.5 lb one.
    I thought all new Gen5's came with the "dot" one rated heavier.
    What does your say next time you field strip. Easy to see with a light and maybe some reading glasses.
    Thanks!

13. Bradd D

Bradd D

14. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

The (-) is standard on all the 43X-48's, It is NOT, a lighter connector. It just stands for 4.5# 'standard trigger.' Go figure!

CM
    :horse:

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  15. 2thdrglock

2thdrglock

G43X, G48 are not Gen5...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

16. ViperR

ViperR

Now you got me really confused.
    Looking up parts for Gen4, It still shows the old type leaf slide lock spring, paper clip looking wire slide stop spring, two pin system for the trigger/locking block area, round firing pin safety in the slide, "S" type trigger return spring.
    My G48 has all the newer Gen5 differences in the above listed parts. Slide lock spring is a coil, slide stop is a captured coil, one pin for the trigger/locking block, wedged shaped firing pin safety in the slide, coiled spring & plunger for the trigger return spring in the front of the trigger/ejector housing now.
    And even the milled notch in the slides breech face that is new to Gen5's.
    Did all the 43/43X/48's have this all before the other models/calibers were redesigned and were called Gen5's?
    Not trying to be difficult or argumentative, just need some clarification. Even the gun shop I bought it from said "well, this is actually a Gen4".

17. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Hey amigo, I know it can get confusing on the Gen 4 or 5 for the 43X-48, but no need to be any longer. The 43X-48, are "Unique unto themselves..." Neither a Gen 4 or a Gen 5. When ordering parts, after market or OEM, G43x or G48, is all that needs to be said. They do NOT incorporate Gen 4/5 parts. A Gen 4 1/2, might better describe them, but NOT Gen 4/5.

So, no longer let the internet world trouble you with this. 'Unique unto themselves.' That simple man. ;)

CM
    :horse:

18. ViperR

ViperR

Thanks CM! All very clear now. I do like the coiled springs over the G1-4 leaf, paper clip & "S" ones. And man, does it kick brass out with the milled breech notch, as I posted in another thread.

CanyonMan likes this.
  19. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

20. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

CanyonMan likes this.