The Glock 43x and 48 Thread.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Turnkey7242, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Glock 43X

51.8%
  2. Glock 48

48.2%
  1. MCCM

MCCM

What gen 26 and how much?

2. ambulldog

ambulldog

The 43x is #2 in my rotation. I dont think im going to run 500ish rounds of hst's to feel comfortable enough to call it reliable with the 15 rounders. Im happy enought with 11 +10. My primary is the hellcat and im certainly happy with 14 + 13

3. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

Sold over the weekend. Some liberal probably panic bought it with a pair of happy sticks.

MCCM and Gettysburg like this.
  4. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

Shield Arms FYI:
    When you are loading, they get tough to seat at about #13. If you unload the mag and start over you can get to #15 easier in my experience.

G-Lock96 and happyguy like this.
  5. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

There is something I have noticed about my Glock 48. Something about the different grip angle sometimes makes my wrist hurt. It hurts a bit after I shoot it, and now I notice I get the same pain in my right wrist if I hold it a while with my arms outstretched.

I have seen some old posts on various forums complaining about this issue - by various people. I'm not sure if its the grip angle and age, or the grip anngle and the thinner grip. But, I've noticed it for a while, and it didn't click that it's only THIS gun causing it until yesterday. For now, I'm putting that Glock 45 purchase off because of this...

6. OldNavyCTT

OldNavyCTT

I have a Hogue grip sleeve on my 43x that fills in the spaces caused by the thin grip. It is SKU:18210 on Hogueinc.com. It fills in the space caused by the thinner grip perfectly. I do not know abut the pain in the wrist though but for $12.00 it is worth getting. The factory grip felt better to me than the P365 by Sig. and now that I have worked with my first Glock I can see that it is every bit as good in quality and function as any Sig ( was a proud owner of the Sig 290). The Sig 365xl is a lil beauty but Lasermax did not offer their guiderod laser and Glock offers the double diamond threaded barrel and Shield Arms offered the S15 mag and metal mag release. I installed the extended slide release and the mag release is so easy to find that the the 43x is my choice for a left handed sidearm. I liked it over my VP9 even. However, I am retired and living off of SS check so I can only justify a few pistols. My eyesight ain't much good for rifle shooting so I am freed from the long gun temptations.
    I took the move from 1911 to striker fired pistol design a bit hard. But my investigations (for the "perfect" pistol) that has plagued me my entire life drove me in the 9mm world and found my home in the (of all places) Glock lineup. I bought and traded 9mm made by CZ. Sig, HK, Ruger, and Glock before I settled in on the Glock 43x/48. The 43 I found had the Ameriglo night sights and the G48 had the standard "u" sights that Ruger copied on their Security 9 pistol. I wanted a smaller than full size 9mm because I had the Security 9 for home and the HK VP9 for carry. I did not like the feel of the P365 and the P365 XL was not out yet. Had I handled a S365 XL I would have purchased it over the Glock only because I went off my old experience of shooting a Glock way back in the late 80's while I was a big 1911 fan and never handled a Glock since.

If anyone is/was where I was starting out in the striker fired or SA/DA pistol world, you can relate. I am too financially restricted to own several pistols in the same caliber so I traded for a different type of 9mm and kept each one for a sufficient amount of time to make up my mind.
    The search ended with the 43x.

I traded my VP9 in as a down payment on the Dead Air Odessa 9 suppressor which may or may not happen due to Dead Air putting off the availability of the Odessa or politics.

As far as finding the "perfect" pistol goes, here is my ultimate goal:

Glock 43X, Ameriglo night sights (red outline front sight), extended slide release, metal mag release, maby a flat trigger kit in the future, the Glock Double Diamond threaded barrel, Lasermax G43G guiderod green laser, Shield Arms S15 magazines (factory 10 rounders will be handy if the laws restrict more than 10 rounds) and, hopefully, the Odessa 9 can. Everything but the can are internal modifications and improve the function and performance. The Odessa 9 allows me to keep the factory sights and allows the guiderod laser to function without effecting the laser beam. I have never seen a pistol with all of these capabilities in such a compact frame and slide. All that remains is if I can get the pistol to perk a good cup of joe. Eeeenufff said.

7. OldNavyCTT

OldNavyCTT

How are my fellow shooting bros doing? Colorado has gone to a "Shelter in place" law which started this morning and goes through to April 21. Funny that only essential travel includes Doctor visits where no doctor will see you if you think you may have the virus. They say to go straight to the emergency room - not an emergency clinic. Also you can go to the grocery store, walk your dog, visit an unpopulated park. or go to an essential job. How the heck can this law be enforced? Another side note is that our governor and state legislators are trying to sneak in gun control legislation.

G-Lock96 likes this.
  8. Glockaround the Clock

Glockaround the Clock

Glock4L1fe and Gettysburg like this.
  9. Billy$

Billy$

I installed the Vickers trigger along with the Ghost Edge connector in my 43x and like them.
    The Vickers trigger was quite easy to install.
    Billy$

10. Billy$

Billy$

I've shot plenty of aluminum case ammo but not in my 43x. I've found it to be a bit under powered and you may get a stove pipe but if it's cheep enough I'd buy it. I shot some federal brass ammo that gave me the only stove pipe in my 43x. In my other glocks the barss was falling on my arm and at my feet.
    Billy$

WestTexTech likes this.
  11. JackC53

JackC53 Learn About Deep State Millennium Member

Years back I bought the G43, but it just didn't work for me - couldn't get it out of the holster and on target to my satisfaction. So, I bought a Shield and never looked back. I continued to carry my G19 for cold weather and the Shield in summer. Every time we had a cooler summer day, I grabbed my 19 and felt so much better/confident. With the 48, I see an opportunity to get a "Goldilocks" gun that I can finally carry 12 months - or at least have a Glock 12 months. Yes, the 43X could do it too, but... Anyway, my FFL is still open and will try to order one for me tomorrow (in all black). I haven't been this excited since I put my 19 in the "Macaroni" carbine converter and blasted the heck out of my steel targets! LOL. That damn Lenny at the GlockStore could sell common sense to a liberal! Anyway, the 48 also got me back on this forum, after a hiatus. It may be at least a week or so before I get the 48, but I'll post pics and my unscientific range report when I do. BTW, I hope everyone is doing OK during this scary pandemic!

ShipWreck and smith10 like this.
  12. JackC53

I may not bother changing the mag catch, since I don't plan on putting a lot of rounds through the Shield 15 rd. mags. After I function test them, I think I'll just use one for carry and practice wtih the 10 rounders. I don't think carrying one will bump them around enough to simulate actual firing. What do you think? Thanks!

13. JackC53

My 48 hasn't even been ordered yet, but I'm looking for an IWB Appendix holster. Anyone like Muddy River? They look pretty good. Thanks!

14. JackC53

What triggers do you like? I'll be changing the trigger on mine in the near future. Thanks!

15. Tyler Smith

Tyler Smith

I have been ruNning the overwatch precision I have the cheaper poly dat in the 43x didn’t need to spend the extra on the aluminum or another agency trigger or apex

JackC53 likes this.
  16. JackC53

I'll check it out. Thanks!

17. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

I've run them (S15) with the Glock OEM catch - didn't see a problem with a few hundred rounds. Keep your eye on them. If you need a catch get the NDZ - mine works well with many hundred rounds. :cheers:

Spock01, JackC53 and Chuckdaman24/7 like this.
  18. Big1

Big1

I love my 43X and I can shoot it well these two targets are the second time going out with it, I put around 200 rounds through these with some 124gr +P LE GD and 124 +p Federal HST and some ball Federal fmj. I was able to find some Trijicon night sights for it from my GS they had one more set that was $160.00 but they were on sale for $99.00. This is one of my favorite hand gun it is in my edc now with three mags from Shield Arms. DSCN3413.JPG DSCN3415.JPG DSCN3418.JPG DSCN3418.JPG

JackC53 likes this.
  19. JackC53

Thanks! This virus has shut down things for a while, so I don't know when the gun will ship. It may be a while b4 I can post a review!

Big1 likes this.
  20. MCCM

MCCM

Try the Hyve Technologies Monarch Trigger. All my triggers are stock but I’ve used their other products in every one of my Glocks. They also use OEM trigger springs that comes with the new trigger.

JackC53 likes this.