The Glock 43x and 48 Thread.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Turnkey7242, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Glock 43X

51.8%
  2. Glock 48

48.2%
  1. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Hey amigo, glad your enjoying the S15 mags... Just a heads up for you. 16rds in it, will end up destroying the feed lips, and eventually cause other issues as well... I "know," you said you 'could not load it'. That is your salvation here. Good. That way you won't be tempted to cram 16 in the mag. 15 + 1 in the pipe 'is plenty'! ;)

Enjoy!

CanyonMan
    :horse:

2. OldNavyCTT

OldNavyCTT

I totally agree. I had lost count and thought I was loading 15 into the new mag and it was needing to be loaded to the complete 15 rounds to work out the kinks. I do not want to go past the limit of 15 in order to obey the laws in this state. I reported the incident to let others new to these mags know that they may be able to stack 16 but the slide will not operate. If that happens, check the number of rounds loaded. I had no problems with any of these mags but I have noticed a rough spot at around 11 rounds loaded in mags. Has anyone else noticed this in any of their s15 mags?

3. Big1

Big1

I got two S15 in the mail yesterday but I haven't had time to take it to the range yet, can't wait.

4. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Gottcha. I haven't seen any issues. Got three, enough for me, all is well.

Good shooting. ;)

CM
    :horse:

5. Tyler Smith

Tyler Smith

012ECB05-3B2F-4ED5-B6D8-9D3607A9548F.jpeg

Had a good day today at the tang a testing the Barnes tac-xpd defense ammo 200 rounds mixes with 200 rounds of ball annoying and it ran great. Tested the new shield mags with 10% springs and the ameriglo sights along with the overwatch poly trigger and ghost spring

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  6. OldNavyCTT

OldNavyCTT

That's a lil beauty, Tyler. How do you like the trigger replacement? I have considered looking for what I call the straight trigger like the one I inspected on a Sig 320 at the gun store. I don't mind the factory trigger on my 43X but it doesn't feel a nice as that straight trigger on the 320. I don't experience the "pinch" that others are experiencing but the curved factory trigger on the striker fired found on most if not all of the 9mm I have either owned or held is not my favored design.

7. Tyler Smith

Tyler Smith

omahaoutdoors overwatch poly trigger 55 shipped to me and had a polished trigger bar and picked up the ghost connector I highly recommend the trigger replacement it’s well worth it

8. Arky Sparky

Arky Sparky

Any concerns of accidental discharge with the shortened stroke?

9. Tyler Smith

Tyler Smith

Never had a problem have them in all my glocks you have a good holster I wouldn’t worry about anything they keep the factory safety

Arky Sparky likes this.
  10. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

No! After thousands of rounds.

Tyler Smith likes this.
  11. OldNavyCTT

OldNavyCTT

Dang, now I gotta spend another $200+. haha

12. Fredw1960

Fredw1960

I’ve had my SA 15 round mags for about a month now. 1000 rounds through them in my black slide 43X with no problems of any kind. When I first got them they didn’t drop free when empty but after rubbing them down with Ballistol they worked fine.

13. OldNavyCTT

OldNavyCTT

If you have read my other posts you know that I am waiting for Dead Air to put their Odessa 9 back on the shelves. I am picking up from news and talk forums that suppressors are very likely to be included in upcoming bans from feds as well as state authorities. Since I don’t own an assault rifle but do own a Silencerco Sparrow what can I expect if (when) these bans occurs? I am wondering if I should cancel my order of the Odessa 9.

14. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

I'm having difficulty replacing my factory mag catch with the shield arms aluminum catch. I use a small screw driver to slide the spring over but it won't pop out and release the mag catch. It seems like I need a tool with a much finer edge to get underneath the spring and help it out?

advice?

15. Bradd D

Bradd D

Yes, you have to push over and out so you need something to get under the spring.

16. Fredw1960

Fredw1960

I used a dental pick to release the spring and needle nose pliers to pull it out. There are good videos on YouTube.

17. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

I use long skinny "small" screwdriver. Move (wedge) pin over and twist under the pin to pop out. Also, in my experience, it is best to remove the pin with needle nose pliers. Put in new mag catch and put pin back in. Wedge pin into mag catch. It is a bit of a PITA. :cheers:

CanyonMan likes this.
  18. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

Thanks guys. The YouTubers seem to have a much easier time of it with a standard screw driver.

19. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

I went to Home Depot and Husky makes a four-pack of industrial sized dental picks, we'll see how it goes.

Edit: The Husky 35 degree angle tool, attacking from the top of the gun was a breeze to pop the spring out. A flat-head screw driver from the bottom popped it back in.

$7.00 for the four-piece Husky set at Home Depot.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  20. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

BTW Shield arms did another drop last night at 8:00 pm. Not sure if there are any left or not.