close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by piperpilot1, May 21, 2002.

1. piperpilot1

piperpilot1 JUST PLANE NUTS

I gave into temptation today and added a G30 to my little Glock family. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, that'll have to wait until the weekend. Given the size of my hands (large) and the size of the G30 it'll be interesting to find a comfort level as to recoil and weight of bullet and charge (I reload).
    Anybody out there with a G30 and big hands with any thoughts?

2. PieceBwithU

PieceBwithU

I've got large hands and the 30 feels like it was made for me. You'll love it after your first trip to the range! ;a

3. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Hey, I've got small hands and the G30 was made for me. :) I use 230-grain exclusively, though I've shot 185s and 200s out of mine and they all feel about the same. The 185 +P had a bit more snap to it, felt almost .40'ish.

4. Bandit

Bandit Team Beer

To round out the whole "hand size" spectrum, my hands are of average size and I find the G30 fits fine with the Pearce mag floor plates. Unless you're reloading to save $$$ on practice ammo, I've found no other need to reload for the 30. In my experience It's easy to control standard pressure and +P ammo out of mine. But then again I've been shooting .45's for over 15 years. YMMV

Rick