close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Glock 18

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MercuryHayze, Mar 20, 2003.

1. MercuryHayze

MercuryHayze

How long do these perticular glocks hold up? As long as a G17? Does the full auto fire decrease the longevity of the pistol?

curiosity

2. Guest

I shot one about two years ago. It was a Glock factory rep's gun. he said it had close to 300,000 rounds through it.

It had a crack in the slide (yes all the way through) but we all shot it any way with no problems. Not every day you get to do that sort of thing as a "regular joe".

There was about ten or so people there at the time, and we each fired two or three 17 rnd mags each. There were no malfunctions that were not opperator error. It jumps around a bit, and it will empty a 17 round mag FAST!

It was FUN to shoot, and everyone had a prema grin for at least an hour after we shot it. It got a bit hot, so much so that we used a glove to cycle the slide. but it kept going.

Hope this helps. I would recomend trying it if you get the chance.

Safe Shooting.

3. mark123

mark123 Jesus Loves You

4. MercuryHayze

MercuryHayze

300,000 rounds ;P

god I love Glock handguns.

5. Guest

He stated that the 300k mark was when they STOPPED counting.

I understand that Glock makes the 18 for L.E. (Dept purchace only) I would like to shoot one with the FG&R frame. The one I shot was on the second gen frame, I think.

I have shot a modified Glock that converted a G-20-C to full auto. The G-20-C was a lot of fun with the pre ban 15 rounds with a +2 Extention, and one in the pipe (18) rounds of FULL AUTO 10mm. I watched a G-27 being shot with an extended mag (Shereer-sp- 30 rnd) that was full auto as well.

It PAYS to stick around after the G.S.S.F. matches on Sunday (LOL). That and being a Glock Stocking Dealer, and Retail Rep. at the GSSF Matches helps.

Yet one MORE reason to join the G.S.S.F., and shoot Glocks.

I would like to shoot a Beretta 93-R at some point, but the G-18 was COOL!

Enjoy, and safe shooting.

6. MercuryHayze

MercuryHayze

I am still amazed that this pistol design displays such longevity. Thats what... $40,000 worth of ammo out of a $700 gun?

7. Roughneck-2zero

Roughneck-2zero Glocker

The G18 is still being produced. Knob Creek is coming up in a few weeks. There will certainly be several of them there to shoot.

8. Vanguard.45

Vanguard.45

The Glock 18 seems like its novelty appeal would be about all it brings to the table. I have shot several, and could buy one if it seemed practical. However, I doubt that emptying a 30 round magazine in 2 seconds will have much practical application in a defensive situation.

I mean, if I lived in France, I could find lots of use for something like that, but not here in the good ol' USA.;)

Vanguard.45

9. Side357

Side357