close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The GEN 4s Feel Great!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by clarkstoncz, Mar 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

At least the Gen 4 G17 Anniversary and the G4 G22 that I was able to handle on Friday.

They just sat in my hand feeling (almost) like a CZ75 to me.

That Good!

I don't know what backstraps were on them, only that after
    finally getting to handle a Gen 4, or in this case.. a couple of them.

Both were large framed 9/40s but felt MUCH nicer than the
    Glock 31 I sold last month.

Seemed to sit low in my hand and have a great trigger pull
    as well!

Heck, they both fit better than the current Gen 3 G32
    in the household.
    [​IMG]
    Now it will be a decision on whether to pick up a Gen 4 G32
    or go for the Gen 4 G31.

2. Ocean_glocker

Ocean_glocker

I have a gen 4 and I love them. I had a gens 3 and once I held a gen 4 it was over for me. I sold or traded my way into the gen4s.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

3. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

I really thought the new stipling would bother me but it was great!

Thumbs up for the very sturdy looking recoil spring assembly as well.

From what I've read so far. The Gen 4 .357 SIGs have been perking along trouble-free
    for the most part.

4. bac1023

bac1023

They do feel better in hand than the gen 3.

5. mattleegee

mattleegee

I absolutely love my g4 g19
    i tested gen3 while i was looking because range didnt have any gen4 to shoot, when it came down to holding them in my hand the g19 said "BUY ME!" havent looked back

Also friend with g20 loves it to for the feel and concealment, said he might sell his 10mm for the g19

6. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Agreed. The new frame is a NICE improvement!

7. Redstate

Redstate

I've got a Gen 4 G26 on order, and am afraid that I will like it better than my Gen 3s. I am afraid because I don't want to have to sell or trade my way into Gen 4s. Do you shoot your Gen 4s better than your Gen 3s?

8. Little Joe

Little Joe

I've always found the regular Glock grip to be a little slippery. I love the RTF2 grips. It does away with that slickness. It's like glue. Strong hand, weak hand, whatever. Perfect.

I haven't had the opportunity to handle a Gen 4, yet. Any slickness to the Gen 4 grip?

9. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

The only Gen4 I currently own is a 23. It's been perfect for me and I've shot it a lot. That being said, I put Talon grips on all my Glocks. They are especially nice on the 26 and 27. Checkout the Hickok45 videos on YouTube for more info on them.

10. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

IMO the Gen 4 fits my hand better than the Gen 3, at least on the 22. The grip feels smaller to me (I've got short fingers). Wierd because, as I understand it, the Gen 4 grip with no backstrap is the same as the Gen 3. Is this right?

11. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

That's what they say, but it sure does feel smaller in the hand!

I loves me some Gen 4 grip!

12. TexasGlockster

TexasGlockster

I love my gen 4 G23! My hand loves it!

13. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

No doubt for a lot of us the Ergo's on the GEN4 are much better than the GEN3. Night and day for some.

14. Rustin

Rustin

The grip sealed the deal for me.

15. barefoot

barefoot

I can't really say for sure, but I think that the Gen4 grips with the small back strap added are supposed to be the same size as the Gen3 grips, so smaller than Gen3 without the back strap and a bit bigger with the large back strap installed.

I have a 26 and 32 in Gen3, a 23 in RTF2/Gills, and a 19 and 27 in Gen 4. And the above logic seems to match my own experience.

For shooting, I love the RTF2, but I can't carry it IWB without an undershirt.

The Gen3's, for me, have to be 'fixed' for shooting - I added rubber decal grip to the 26 and that works well - I added sand decal grips to the 32 and I like the grip, but I don't think I'll be able to carry it with that sandpaper.

The Gen4 grip strikes a very good balance - grippy for shooting, but not so rough that it's uncomfortable to the love handles or damaging to t-shirts.

my $.02 - donated for free.
    :wavey:

16. BIGBOY61

BIGBOY61

I was at a gun show this weekend and although I am not in a market for another Glock, I still want to look and feel.

I got two Glocks last year. The G20sf and the G36. Recently, I started reloading for the 10mm and 45. I have the dies for the .40 so I decided to do some research on the .40. I have only fired the big brother, 10mm, and love that round to pieces.

I do not have any Gen4's so I started looking at the G23 and G27 Gen4 models. Wow, I know I am a late comer to the Gen4 models, but these grips felt awesome! I tried all of the grips and the medium is best for me.

I sent all my Gen3's to Cold Bore Custom to get the humps and stippling done. If I do get a Gen4 I would not have to do that.

I did compare the G27 Gen3 and Gen4 grips. Besides the grip RTF, the grips just felt thinner and not as bulky as the Gen3. Hey, that is right up my alley.

My new dilemma is do I get the G27 or the G23 next?!!

17. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Good luck on your choice! I have a G32 Gen4 on order from th local LE distributor, with an expected arrival of 4/05...can't wait to add that one to the collection.

To be honest, I prefer the Gen4 platform, and currently have 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 27, 34, & 37, with the 32 next. I also have a Gen4-compatible barrel for my G22, and will test that when the new model arrives in a few weeks.

If you liked the full size frame, I would recommend the G31 to go with your G32.

18. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

The Gen4 frame, with no backstrap installed, is 2mm shorter than the Gen3 frame. That's why the Gen4 feels smaller in the hand... because it is. :wavey:

19. larson1122

larson1122

I agree, I absolutely love the feeling of the Gen 4s compared to the Gen 3s.

20. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Trying to decide between a Gen 4 31 or 32 myself. Probably will go with the 32 for holster compatibility and all. Just a lot easier to carry in general too.