Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ethical Considerations:
Undoubtedly there will be a good bit of misinformation perpetuated online, this is just how things work. I am always trying to push the proper information out because I genuinely dislike unethical practises of putting unvetted, false or misleading information out (due to inexperience, malicious negligence or ignorance). As such I was going to wait to post this until later this year once I had a chance to really destroy one of V Development Group's neoprene wedges, but I have several which I have been testing, one of which for a little bit more than 18 months, that I recently replaced only do to personal preference and I took some photos to explain a few things for this post.

Read the full article here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/07/the-facts-about-using-neoprene-wedge.html

·
Registered
467 Posts
There is a lot of misinformation out there. I have been doing a lot of reading up on AIWB and couldnt find much of anything on the wedges, and even when a wedge would be a needed addition.

I am going to read it a few more times, I do appreciate your dedication to putting this together!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I wear my .357 Magnum SP-101 AIWB without a wedge, and I don't need one. On the other hand, a wedge would benefit me if I wore the same gun in a Remora.

·
Crusty Member
10,814 Posts
Never heard of this before, but I gather the wedge pushes the muzzle away from your body, which pivots the top/grip of the gun closer to your body?

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
What's up with the Monkey Fist? Got a video?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I've been out of the "Tacti-cool" loop for way too long, but what exactly is this wedge, you talking about, supposed to do?
Never heard of this before, but I gather the wedge pushes the muzzle away from your body, which pivots the top/grip of the gun closer to your body?
Did you read the article?

What's up with the Monkey Fist? Got a video?
The description is pretty clear.

·
Registered
29,119 Posts
How many men have room for that widget in the front of their pants?

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
AIWB is very body type specific. Some people don't need wedges or other features to tuck the butt of the gun into the body. Folks like me who have a bit of a belly find them useful to conceal better. For example without a wedge I need to wear parachute loose shirts to conceal my G19 AIWB. With a wedge the same gun disappears under a classic fit T-Shirt. As far as comfort. The padding helps a lot as well during long (12hr+) days. And unless you're some weird genetic anomaly or simply an alien skin job your appendix isn't anywhere near your junk.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I know matthew03 gave you some grief (Other forum) and I like his design. I like your design too and I can see how the wedge helps conceal.

Mine relies on molded wedge in the Kyedex
20150918_061427.jpg
20150918_061438.jpg

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
MY actual "Gun Belt" does this along with the good IWB holster. Gun butt is tight to my ribs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AIWB is very body type specific. Some people don't need wedges or other features to tuck the butt of the gun into the body. Folks like me who have a bit of a belly find them useful to conceal better. For example without a wedge I need to wear parachute loose shirts to conceal my G19 AIWB. With a wedge the same gun disappears under a classic fit T-Shirt. As far as comfort. The padding helps a lot as well during long (12hr+) days. And unless you're some weird genetic anomaly or simply an alien skin job your appendix isn't anywhere near your junk.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Fact of the matter is that for most guys a wedge will help conceal a pistol carried AIWB better than not. I did a lot of testing and messing with various materials/etc to find the right type of setup and I ended up going with this specifically because it held up and worked for as long as it did while others failed (because they did not do the research and/or testing).

I know matthew03 gave you some grief (Other forum) and I like his design. I like your design too and I can see how the wedge helps conceal.

Mine relies on molded wedge in the Kyedex
View attachment 342615 View attachment 342616
Assume you are referring to defensivecarry? Some horses don't know what do with water once they have it.

Reactions: Kennydale
1 - 20 of 30 Posts