close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Doolittle Raiders raid is remembered as B-25's fly overhead

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Trebor, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Trebor

Trebor

I was the 70th Doolittle Raiders reunion yesterday. I was able to meet the four raiders who attended. Here's my first article on the event. I will have more up soon, with video interviews with the Raiders and pictures and videos of the B-25's that flew It was inspiring to meet these men.

Please share the link with any military history or aviation buffs you know to help me get my new "Military Aviation Examiner" title off the ground.

The Doolittle Raiders raid is remembered as B-25's fly overhead

"Dayton, OHIO –– As 20 B-25 Mitchell bombers flew overhead four of the five surviving Doolittle Raiders yesterday commemorated the 70th Anniversary of their historic WWII raid on Tokyo.

On April 18, 1942, 80 men, under the command of Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolitte, flew their 16 B-25B Mitchell bombers from the deck of the aircraft carrier Hornet in a daring one-way bombing mission against Japan. The raid came less than five months after Japan’s surprise attack on Pearl Harbor and has been credited with improving American morale at a dark period in the war. "