close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The dog ate my Glock!!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lashlarue, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Lashlarue

Lashlarue

I was shooting next to a Guy with a Glock 17 with the handgrip chewed up real bad. I asked him what happened . He said his friends German Shepard got his Glock and chewed on it for a day. The hicap mag was destroyed. The grip looked like hell. He gave him $100 for the gun as its almost the vaue of the second hi-cap mag. He was trying it out. The gun still shot fine.
    I was amazed. Another episode in the Glock durability story.
    I think our guys in Irac would be better served with Glock 17's then the Beretta. Blowing sand doesnt affect a glock as much as those italian steel jobs.

Lash

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Yeah those 17's are amazing. Not only that but there are just so many of us Italians that work well in the sand! Hahahahaha! Eddie.

3. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

The guy should have claimed it on his homeowners insurance. He could have it replaced and kept the high caps to boot.

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

A call to Glock/Smyrna might get a replacement frame at a REALLY good price. I'd also inquire about Glock's replacing the mag.

5. ubimow

ubimow

What kind of irresponsible moron leaves their gun laying around for a dog to get a hold of and chew on? God, I'm glad it wasn't a child who found it.

6. Guest

ubimow, I was just thinking the same thing. WOW

7. ldunin

ldunin Patrol Division

At least it didn't go off and kill the mut. I can just see the guy coming home and finding his dog dead with a pistol in his mouth. News Headline: Tonight on CNN - violent crimes amongst dogs are on the rise...

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Free American

Better yet..

"Dog commits suicide by shooting itself in the head. Neighbors claim dog was depressed because the owner refused to buy Kibbles N' Bits any longer. Detectives are now trying to determine how the canine was able to obtain the evil assault pistol, presumably a Uzi. More news on this horrible situation will be available at 6 o'clock on PETAnews Live."

~1

9. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

Just a thought, but maybe he did not have to worry about kids finding it. Single? or just doesn't have any yet. But yes, it was stupid to leave it where a dog could get to it and chew on it all day.
    Did he already now the dog had a chewing problem ? What made the dog want to chew on it ? Did he handle it after eating fried chicken or a steak with his bare hands ?;f

10. chuck17

chuck17

Originally posted by ubimow
    "What kind of irresponsible moron leaves their gun laying around for a dog to get a hold of and chew on? God, I'm glad it wasn't a child who found it."

The Glock would probably have held up a lot better if a child had been chewing on it instead of the dog! Of course, some of them little nippers can be pretty destructive.:)

Chuck

11. Megastar 10

Megastar 10

In reference to claiming on homeowner's insurance, it is possible that his deductible would have made it a moot point. My deductible is $500 per claim so in a case like this it would just about be a wash. Just my opinion FWIW.