Glock Talk banner

The Devil Booze....

678 Views 64 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  craig_o
As many of you know, I have Irish roots. And as I just learned a few moments ago...for the millionth time... a few Irish Car Bombs and the world begins to look pretty good again. I found the car bomb with a few of my Irish mates, who were kind enough to tell me that weak beer wasn't everything, and that the best way to garnish a guinness was with Baileys and Jameson. I was 22. And it's been love ever since.


As a matter of information...what's you favorite drink and how did you find it? I'd love to get to know the Mayhem boys a bit better. No better way.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Viva Hate
Joined
·
22,367 Posts
Not a drinker, when I was younger I would alternate depending on my mood.

Pissed off after working a ****ty job - boilermakers.

Relaxing with a good book - scotch (that I couldn't really afford) on the rocks.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TylerDurden;11336983 said:
Not a drinker, when I was younger I would alternate depending on my mood.

Pissed off after working a ****ty job - boilermakers.

Relaxing with a good book - scotch (that I couldn't really afford) on the rocks.
I really like a good scotch. I've never been able to handle sugar too much, so alcoholism isn't much of a threat. I get sick LONG before I could ever get drunk. So I'm lucky that I can drink pretty freely but not have it consume me. And for that, whiskey and scotch is the main drink. Lower calorie, and all the bang for the buck. But a good bottle will last me a few months if not longer. I like wine, too.

Never had a boilermaker. Do you mind telling me what's in it? Is the non-drinking due more to the Mormon wife or to a substantive change of heart?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KilgoreTrout;11336977 said:
Im old fashioned. Long Island Iced Teas every time.
I've only been really ****ed up twice in my life. I blame it on "rum and coke" and Long Island Iced Tea. To this day, I cannot drink rum or regular Coke to save my life.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KilgoreTrout;11337012 said:
straws are for *******.
There is no way for a man to look like a man and yet be drinking through a straw. It just doesn't work.
 

· Impossiblist
Joined
·
43,839 Posts
MacG22;11337037 said:
I've only been really ****ed up twice in my life. I blame it on "rum and coke" and Long Island Iced Tea. To this day, I cannot drink rum or regular Coke to save my life.
I only like drinking a couple of beers, Shiner Bock and some ciders. If Im somewhere a bit nicer and a mixed drink is called for, LIT only.
 

· Raconteur
Joined
·
2,816 Posts
Beer and Jack Daniels are my two favorites. Depends on what kind of a mood I am on which one I grab. What I can say is that I get ****ed up way faster on beer than on whiskey.
 

· Impossiblist
Joined
·
43,839 Posts
Swan1172;11337090 said:
Beer and Jack Daniels are my two favorites. Depends on what kind of a mood I am on which one I grab. What I can say is that I get ****ed up way faster on beer than on whiskey.
No singapore slings with mescal on the side?:supergrin:
 

· Unfair Facist
Joined
·
30,645 Posts
Never been much of a Drinker, when I do it's whisky sours.
 

· Raconteur
Joined
·
2,816 Posts
KilgoreTrout;11337099 said:
No singapore slings with mescal on the side?:supergrin:
I will throw back some Patron on occasion.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
12,802 Posts
Beer
Australian shirazes

I'd like to start getting back to the harder liquors again. My gut just doesn't handle it well. The other weekend at the bar I was alternating between beer and this Bacardi Limon drink that tasted like Tropical Punch KoolAid. That was one of those nights where you hold onto the floor for dear life.
 

· Viva Hate
Joined
·
22,367 Posts
MacG22;11337027 said:
I really like a good scotch. I've never been able to handle sugar too much, so alcoholism isn't much of a threat. I get sick LONG before I could ever get drunk. So I'm lucky that I can drink pretty freely but not have it consume me. And for that, whiskey and scotch is the main drink. Lower calorie, and all the bang for the buck. But a good bottle will last me a few months if not longer. I like wine, too.

Never had a boilermaker. Do you mind telling me what's in it? Is the non-drinking due more to the Mormon wife or to a substantive change of heart?
A boilermaker is just your average blue collar guy's Irish car bomb - shot of whiskey with a beer. Some guys down the whiskey and chase it with the beer, some pour the whiskey in the beer, some drop the whole shot glass in.

Really doesn't matter what - even seen it done with vodka - just a quick/cheap way to get drunk.

I stopped long before I got married, I wasn't a happy drunk and it wreaked havoc on my migraines.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
12,802 Posts
When I worked at one bar I made *****in kamikazes, but to this day if you asked me how I made them, I couldn't tell you. I made so many that it just became second nature what to grab. For Lemon Kami's I had to be careful, because unless I wanted to sit there and squeeze a whole ****ing lemon into the shaker, I'd cheat and use Mikes/Doc Otis for the flavor.

All that carbonation would make the shaker top fly off reeeeeeeeeeal fast if you weren't careful
 

· Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
MacG22;11336965 said:
As many of you know, I have Irish roots. And as I just learned a few moments ago...for the millionth time... a few Irish Car Bombs and the world begins to look pretty good again. I found the car bomb with a few of my Irish mates, who were kind enough to tell me that weak beer wasn't everything, and that the best way to garnish a guinness was with Baileys and Jameson. I was 22. And it's been love ever since.


As a matter of information...what's you favorite drink and how did you find it? I'd love to get to know the Mayhem boys a bit better. No better way.
Like others have said, it depends on my mood.

I like beer at any time. Imports and Microbrews mostly. Hoegaarden is my favorite. I like a good black and tan. Most Sam Adams I love. Found it by trying different beers.

I drink Scotch, bourbon, and brandy on the rocks when I want to relax with a good drink. Just wanted to try something new one night.

Wine is amazing. Sauvignon blanc is my favorite. Actually... found this at a Jean Luc Ponty show with a former teacher and her husband (they brought it)

Not really into mixed drinks... but I'll drink them if the setting and theme calls for it.

When I've had a bad day... week... or month.... I get a gallon container, a faith of Grey Goose and a 1/2 gallon of iced tea and go to town.

GIN I WILL NOT TOUCH!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Swan1172;11337112 said:
I will throw back some Patron on occasion.
Oh. Since my Kerouac days I've loved Tequila. We used to take the trips down to mexico...spear fishing, campfires, peppers in the food and tequila in the glasses. Great memories.
 

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
Joined
·
69,116 Posts
Beer- Pete's Wicked Ale (original brown ale)

Mixed- #1)Capt & Coke
other special occasions (special occasions or special people):
Vodka Gimlet, Alabama Slammer, Tequila Sunrise

I don't drink a lot, but do enjoy a cold beer now & again.

TBO
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jtm62;11337201 said:
Like others have said, it depends on my mood.

I like beer at any time. Imports and Microbrews mostly. Hoegaarden is my favorite. I like a good black and tan. Most Sam Adams I love. Found it by trying different beers.
Wow. The german part of my genes means that beer is excellent. But my favorite, among all the others, is Hoegaarden. No one really knows about it, and it is amazing stuff.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
MacG22;11337349 said:
jtm62;11337201 said:
Like others have said, it depends on my mood.

I like beer at any time. Imports and Microbrews mostly. Hoegaarden is my favorite. I like a good black and tan. Most Sam Adams I love. Found it by trying different beers.
Wow. The german part of my genes means that beer is excellent. But my favorite, among all the others, is Hoegaarden. No one really knows about it, and it is amazing stuff.
My German genes concur as well sir. Ever had it half and half with a Guinness? If not, try it. Heavenly! I pretty much like all unfiltered wheat style beers... the citrus aroma and flavor is something special.
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top