close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Departed....would someone please explaine?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by narine2541, Mar 24, 2007.

1. narine2541

narine2541 marine2541

What happened at the end of the movie? Was Mark W an informant to the mob or was he just seeking revenge? How could Jack Nicholson be a FBI informant? Wasn't he the protagonist the police were trying to arrest? Another mafia plant shoots Matt D., but not a single indication in the whole movie hinted at his existance. This is what the greeks called deus ex machina (god from the machine) or a pretty poor way for the writer to get out of a jam he can't do logically in the plot. The Greeks had a large crain-like machine swoop down and rescue the hero from peril. Without the unknown plant, the string of killings at the end would have been broken. I was left plain confused! Please tell me what happened.

2. srfl

srfl

...I saw the movie and honestly almost fell asleep; by contrast the movie which "The Departed" was based on, the Hong Kong-made movie "Internal Affairs," was much better; no "boss is an FBI confidential informant" thing going and didn't distract the story with the female psychiatrist too much. The ending is different as well...and better IMHO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infernal_Affairs (warning: spoilers)

I think Wahlberg was just seeking revenge...yes, they were trying to lock up JN's character; perhaps the FBI never let other LE agencies know about JN being a confidential informant.

3. Grimsi

Grimsi Restored member

WTF does this have to do with this WANT AD FORUM?!

4. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

+1

5. narine2541

narine2541 marine2541

Don't have a cow, man! I'm new to the forum, saw miscellaneous, and thought it applied better here than anywhere else. Excuuuuuuuuuse me!

6. ARs&AKs

ARs&AKs NRA Life Member

Under the heading 'Want Ads'? :headscratch: