The Democrats have a real problem...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TheDreadnought, Nov 13, 2019.

1. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

That's a whole different thread and, you're right, a big problem for Republicans.

That's the kind of thread that will get @powernoodle bleating "chicken little" over and over again like some kind of demented sheep.

The mid-to-long term prognosis for this country is, "we're screwed." It's only a matter of how long we have left, what they breakdown looks like, and what's going to kick it off.

My bet is on Democratic leadership of the White House and Congress plus some big natural disaster or pandemic that makes people scared and uncertain for their future.

That said, in the short term, Nikki Haley could be a possibility for 2024. She's certainly been focused on buffing her resume. It really depends how effective the Dems are in their quest to flip Texas between now and then. Once Texas flips for good, it's over.

2. Schrag4

Schrag4

That’s my thinking, as well. The Dems have gotten in bed with the far left and now they have an incurable STD, in my estimation.

You have to give Trump credit, though. He’s not spineless like most Rs. Look at how most Rs respond to heat from the media, they shrivel. Romney giving up after the 2nd debate comes to mind.

mj9mm, rock_castle and Cambo like this.

3. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Unfortunately, that's just wishful thinking. It simply isn't true. It's a fantasy.

Since the 1950s, conservatives have been telling themselves "Black people are re-thinking their voting habits."

It isn't happening.

The GOP has spent decades trying to win over minorities, with negligible success.

They might not vote Dem if they don't like the candidate, but they certainly aren't going to vote for Trump in any meaningful numbers.

And if you are thinking "but the economy is BOOMING!", as I've mentioned before, most of those new jobs are bottom of the barrel, minimum wage type jobs.

Nobody is going to say "I'm definitely going to vote for Trump now, because his economic policies got me a $10/hr job stocking shelves at the Amazon warehouse! I'm sooo grateful!!!"

It's just not going to happen.

If Trump wins reelection, it will be because white people voted for him.

This is a fantasy too.

Since Reagan's amnesty in the 1980s, the GOP has been telling conservatives "don't worry! Hispanics are natural conservatives! They'll all start voting R any minute now!"

We see how that worked out in California. :animlol:

Blade37db likes this.
  4. amd65

amd65

In my retail job, I’ve met quite a few blue collar workin’ man blacks who are Trump supporters.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    mj9mm and Dreamaster like this.
  5. alnicoG22

alnicoG22

WE MUST VOTE FOR TRUMP

shadowlands likes this.
  6. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

I've dropped this one before:

What if Michelle enters the race?

7. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

Will be 70 when he gets back in office on the second run...So just play it now year by year.2024 2028 who cares...

to those that are 30 or 40 they have the real share if they make old age.But the way i see things they won't it will be so f'ed by that time they will all be gone and buried also. Is that Sad or what. THAT IS LIFE. 0a135388d1d80ff4aa5a13982f8e4525.jpg
    Enjoy everyday that is all you will ever have.

8. NMG26

NMG26

Just make sure you flush

Dave Brubaker likes this.
  9. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

Why did you have to go ahead and tell them to nominate Gabbard? You DO know they have their spies here...

No, they should nominate Dingy Harry. Yeah, that's who they need to nominate.

mj9mm likes this.
  10. shadowlands

shadowlands

I have something AOC can beat on!

11. durwood

durwood

Its all theater. I remember the smile on Mccains face when he lost to Obama. He was paid to lose. Like WWF, the winner is known before the match. And like WWF, they trash talk and act like enemies. Neither side cares about the people.

I think many will be sitting this election out.

GcB likes this.
  12. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Never happen.

She has zero desire to leave her life of wealth, privilege, and (in her mind) universal adoration, for a political position where she'll be under constant attack.

She's not Hillary, she doesn't care about power. She also doesn't care about "making a difference." She sat on her hands for 8 years so they could enter the WH as an upper middle class couple, and leave it as centi-millionaires. Now she just wants to enjoy the fruits of their abuse of the system, and throw an occasional twitter post in edgewise, just so people tell her how amazing she is.

She is most definitely never going to run. Same reason Oprah has zero interest. It's far more fun to sit in the peanut gallery on your mountain of money and snipe at the people trying to do the job, than it is to try and do it yourself.

mj9mm and jeanderson like this.
  13. JK-linux

JK-linux

If we are complacent the Democrats will win. They simply have more people in raw numbers. They won't vote for us, and we won't vote for them, and essentially it all comes down to who gets more people to show up somewhere on one day every 2 years.

Additionally, they have a real willingness to knock on doors, take to the streets, and drive others to polling places on election day. Their message is "Here's yours, the other guy is picking up the tab", and then they take those people to go vote and help them apply for loans.

We overall tend to send checks instead of actively participating in campaigns, tell the younger demographic to toughen up, and generally tell people "pay your own way", but most of us don't show up to drive the people to go vote who are living in the charity homes we donate to, or donate time to show absolute stranger young people how to manage their money.

Our message is better, but we're lazy in the relative practical sense. So, barring messaging and acts, it comes down to who can move more people en masse.

14. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

This guy gets it. :cheers:

15. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Kamala is polling at 1% in NH.
    She says she's not running, and I actually believe her. There is zero indication that she is mobilizing any kind of campaign or raising money.
    Turnout is key. Lack of turnout for Hillary is what lost her the WH, and that was due to lack of enthusiasm. I really don't see the left getting unified and enthusiastic for any of the current potential nominees. I would predict that more Democrats stay home in 2020 than they did in 2016.

16. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

Everyone who can think clearly is wondering about Tulsi Gabbard. HOWEVER, the dems would rather lose the election than put up someone who is not part of the TEAM.

Mayor Pete will be the nominee. He is the least bad of the team that is running.

TheDreadnought likes this.
  17. JK-linux

JK-linux

I hope you are correct. However, I know that in 2016 at least, I wasn't really voting for Trump as much as I was voting against Hillary. There may be a similar dynamic working against Trump (Anyone but Trump! so to speak) this time around. Given how he's been publicly lambasted pretty much constantly since before he was sworn in, there are a lot of people who hate him passionately, who don't even know why they hate him.

mj9mm and jeanderson like this.
  18. rkguy9

rkguy9

I think that also, however, I have a liberal family member or 2, the sole reason they are voting Democrat is because they hate Trump, for no legitimate reason as they don't follow any news except facebook and what over those other forms of media might be. I happen to listen to both sides, not just the conservative side, as I prefer to know my enemy!

mj9mm likes this.
  19. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Next November is still along ways off. They will do everything they can to ruin the economy and spread all sorts of propaganda before then.

mj9mm likes this.
  20. plp

plp

I wish I could, and that is something I will never understand. The Latins I have worked with over the years are traditional, conservative, religious, the quintessential blue collar worker (and that is not racist, as we were all literally blue collar workers at the time).

When the subject gets to politics, they are unequivocally Democrat to a man and woman. When I try to discuss why they should support the Republican party, they look at me with abject horror, and say that is why we are here, and not back in Mexico, or Guatemala, or Panama. We left that, and the Democratic Party is the one who is the exact opposite of the rich families that owned everything.

I have tried and tried to explain to them the DNC is exactly what they left, but they refuse to even consider it.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

hogship and DocCasualty like this.