Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rational
15,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week/week and a half, I've had this problem. My Wi-Fi will just cut out, and the little yellow ! sign on my connection will say "The Default Gateway is not available". The diagnostic always fixes it by resetting the....router? Adapter? One of the two. And then it works again.

It seems to happen when I'm either on YouTube, or when I'm streaming a sports game; of which I do almost every day during basketball season. So this needs to stop.

I've tried looking online for fixes, but most of them pertain to Windows 8, and I'm running Windows 10. Apparently, most of the fixes with Windows 10 pertain to when you first download Windows 10...but I've had Windows 10 for a couple of months now, and haven't had any problems until recently.

I didn't download anything, and all of my drivers are up to date. Yes, I've gone through each one and checked, including the Ralink adapter. ALL of them are up to date. My system is up to date, and so is Windows 10, and no new updates are available.

Could this be a problem with Avast? I had to update (today) the Avast Secureline(?) something or another VPAP or something to that effect.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I've also flushed my DNS through cmd.

EDIT: Could this be a problem with Adobe somehow? I've been having problems with Adobe, which I'm just too lazy to fix. Should I reinstall it?

I'm also running Firefox, and it's all up to date.

·
Registered
333 Posts
For the past week/week and a half, I've had this problem. My Wi-Fi will just cut out, and the little yellow ! sign on my connection will say "The Default Gateway is not available". The diagnostic always fixes it by resetting the....router? Adapter? One of the two. And then it works again.

It seems to happen when I'm either on YouTube, or when I'm streaming a sports game; of which I do almost every day during basketball season. So this needs to stop.

I've tried looking online for fixes, but most of them pertain to Windows 8, and I'm running Windows 10. Apparently, most of the fixes with Windows 10 pertain to when you first download Windows 10...but I've had Windows 10 for a couple of months now, and haven't had any problems until recently.

I didn't download anything, and all of my drivers are up to date. Yes, I've gone through each one and checked, including the Ralink adapter. ALL of them are up to date. My system is up to date, and so is Windows 10, and no new updates are available.

Could this be a problem with Avast? I had to update (today) the Avast Secureline(?) something or another VPAP or something to that effect.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I've also flushed my DNS through cmd.

EDIT: Could this be a problem with Adobe somehow? I've been having problems with Adobe, which I'm just too lazy to fix. Should I reinstall it?

I'm also running Firefox, and it's all up to date.
Had the same problem after moving to Win 10. The wifi adapter and Windows 10 weren't playing well together and Dell wasn't providing an upgraded driver. Changed the wifi adapter to an Intel wifi/bluetooth adapter and all was well.

·
Rational
15,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the same problem after moving to Win 10. The wifi adapter and Windows 10 weren't playing well together and Dell wasn't providing an upgraded driver. Changed the wifi adapter to an Intel wifi/bluetooth adapter and all was well.
Yeah, I read about that. The problem is that I've had Windows 10 now for about 3 or 4 months. This isn't something that has been a problem since it was installed. This only recently became a problem.

And I had this problem about 9 times while streaming a game the past hour and a half. But, my browser informed me that it removed YouTube Unblocker because of stability and security issues. But I couldn't restart my browser to complete the process because I was watching that game.

So now I've restarted my browser. But I don't think I'll know whether or not that was the issue until I go to stream something.

Guess I'll go watch some anime.

·
Rational
15,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have other computers in the house, and are they having any issues? What model is your router?
No, I only have one computer: a HP S5-1554 PC. I don't have any laptops, IPhones, or IPads.

As far as the Router, I don't know. It's one that CenturyLink installed.

Or are you talking about the adapter in my computer?

·
Registered
27,992 Posts
No, I only have one computer: a HP S5-1554 PC. I don't have any laptops, IPhones, or IPads.

As far as the Router, I don't know. It's one that CenturyLink installed.

Or are you talking about the adapter in my computer?
Well, if resetting the router fixes the problem... then it seems to me the router or the modem causing the problem (is it a combo modem/router?)

When I had a similar problem... I was planning to replace my router, when I noticed that when it happened, the lights on my cable modem were going out. What I eventually figured out... my Modem was somehow losing it's connection, it would then reconnect, and my router would need to be reset to connect to the modem again. Replaced the modem.. no problems since. Obviously if you have a combo unit, that changes things.

·
Rational
15,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, if resetting the router fixes the problem... then it seems to me the router or the modem causing the problem (is it a combo modem/router?)

When I had a similar problem... I was planning to replace my router, when I noticed that when it happened, the lights on my cable modem were going out. What I eventually figured out... my Modem was somehow losing it's connection, it would then reconnect, and my router would need to be reset to connect to the modem again. Replaced the modem.. no problems since. Obviously if you have a combo unit, that changes things.
How do I know if I have a combo unit? :headscratch:

·
Registered
27,992 Posts
How do I know if I have a combo unit? :headscratch:
Uh, you'll have two units... Your cable modem, then it will connect to your wireless router, which your devices attach to. If you only have 1 unit... (ie, your Router) then it's very likely it's a combination router/modem.

Can you look at it and try to find the specific model # it is? It's probably on the bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts