close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

The deal of the century with xring04

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Dr_Pain, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Dr_Pain

Dr_Pain

Call it Karma or a chance occurrence..... you decide!?!?!?!

I have been a fan of Glock Talk for a while and come daily looking for advices, information and deals. I rarely, if at all, post but this experience has changed my mind and feel that I have to share it

I was recently perusing looking for CCW information and found myself searching the classifieds for a concealable holster for my P99. Since I wear khakis and polo shirt at work, I was interested in finding a tuckable holster and by pure luck came across xring04's advertisement regarding a P99 he had for sale. In the body of his thread, he mentioned that he would throw-in a Comp-Tac holster for the P99, but his next post was that he had sold the P99. As a shot in the dark, I sent him an PM inquiring if he still had the holster, which he had. I then proceeded to do a deal with him but wordy as I am and paranoid about doing business over the internet, I kind of scared him off (I do not blame him, I can be a little long in the tooth sometimes).

After a last attempt on my part to apologize for being so forward and paranoid about doing an "anonymous" business transaction, he called me!!!! Extremely nice fellow and very non-challant man. After a brief introduction, he proceeded to explain that my PM were a little "weird" and that although he had initially decided not to pursue a transaction that after mur reflection reconsidered doing business with me and that he would let me have the holster. He verified my mailing address and told me to expect the holster to be shipped the Wednesday coming. Obviously my reaction was we did not shake on a price and his reply to me was "it's yours".

If that was not incredible enough, he then proceeded to explain some of the personal circustances he was facing that may have contributed to his gruffness and apologized for being a little curt with his initial assesment of me. Well, let me tell you something.... anybody facing the issues he is facing has ample reasons for being quick to draw, especially when you are dealing with a "long tooth paranoiac" like me. Despite his personal circustances, he found strength and spirit to reach out to someone else. I commend him for that and have told him so, as well as thank you, thank you, thank you and I think I told him THANK YOU!!!!!.

I have debated sending him his intial asking price but have decided to repay him differently (since the monetary compensation would cheapen the gesture he has extended me). My first step is to post this gleaming reminder for all to see, of not only his generosity but his resilient spirit. I have had a chance to look up his profile and am ashamed to have doubted such a prolific contributor. My second step will be to "Pay it Forward" (if you have not seen the movie, rent it :). Third, I will attempt to reciprocate the gesture to him. This one will be hard as I do not know the man, his likes and dislikes or anything about his personal or professional life. Thankfully, I have his thousands of post to read, which should give me some ideas. Although writing a check would be my easiest way out, I feel that the impact he's had on my life deserves more. If you know Ken and would like to give me some ideas, please PM. If you do communicate with him, tell him you read my post and thank him for me.

Ken,If you ever read this post, you have made a friend... not over a holster but over the gesture you chose to extend to a perfect "weirdo" stranger. My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours.

Claude

2. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

Wow, thanks claude! I hope the holster works well for ya.

3. maddawg918

maddawg918

Ken is a great guy to do business with. I have done several deals with him and can say there are none better!