Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BBC has a documentary out about the Crusades. For those of us that like history, I thought it would be appreciated to post it here.

I just watched the first episode, 47 minutes long:

This is season 1, looks like it was started in November.

I'm about to watch episode 2, and then 3.

Episode 2:

I will post episode 3 in a new post. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Thanks. The west used to fight Islamists. Now we invite them into our nations with smiles and welfare. In one hundred years - the United Caliphate of America?

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,827 Posts
I studied this out as far as I could years ago. Here are the Cliff's Notes.

The religion of Roman Catholicism (i.e., the church from Rome) started the Islam we know today. Then the same religion of Roman Catholicism, which created the Islam we know today, decided to put Islam down and as well eliminate the "rebellion" of true Christians against The Church from Rome.

The result of this decision by the Roman Catholic Church (hereafter: RCC) became known to history as The Crusades, which was not just a war against Islam, but also against anyone or any religion that disagreed with (refused) the RCC's doctrines and practices. There were thousands upon thousands of Jews that were murdered during the Crusades as well.

The amazing thing to me, out of all the things I looked into, was the fact that the RCC's historical revisionists will only speak of the Crusades only as the "Christian Crusades," and yet the Christians of the day had NOTHING to do with the Crusades and were murdered along with the others as well. The Crusades were all the RCC's doing.

The Roman Catholic Church, and the Roman Catholic Church alone is responsible for the Crusades. The RCC sponsored and paid for the murder of men, women, and children of all ages. Only the efforts of revisionists over the years have concealed the truth about what the RCC did suring the Crusades.

As I see it, Islam learned from the RCC how to conduct itself with those who do not believe as they do (aka: infidels). Actually, based on the truth about the Crusades, Islam as we know it today is merely copying what it saw the Roman Catholic Church do to Islam, Christians, and Jews so many centuries ago.

PW

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,827 Posts
I listened to the video long enough to find out that it too is part of the church from Rome's revisionism as far as blaming Christians proper for the actions of the RCC.

As far as truth, it is woefully lacking, but it would be a good documentary for a drinking game. Take a sip every time the term Christians is used instead of the term, Roman Catholics.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I studied this out as far as I could years ago. Here are the Cliff's Notes.

The religion of Roman Catholicism (i.e., the church from Rome) started the Islam we know today. Then the same religion of Roman Catholicism, which created the Islam we know today, decided to put Islam down and as well eliminate the "rebellion" of true Christians against The Church from Rome.

The result of this decision by the Roman Catholic Church (hereafter: RCC) became known to history as The Crusades, which was not just a war against Islam, but also against anyone or any religion that disagreed with (refused) the RCC's doctrines and practices. There were thousands upon thousands of Jews that were murdered during the Crusades as well.

The amazing thing to me, out of all the things I looked into, was the fact that the RCC's historical revisionists will only speak of the Crusades only as the "Christian Crusades," and yet the Christians of the day had NOTHING to do with the Crusades and were murdered along with the others as well. The Crusades were all the RCC's doing.

The Roman Catholic Church, and the Roman Catholic Church alone is responsible for the Crusades. The RCC sponsored and paid for the murder of men, women, and children of all ages. Only the efforts of revisionists over the years have concealed the truth about what the RCC did suring the Crusades.

As I see it, Islam learned from the RCC how to conduct itself with those who do not believe as they do (aka: infidels). Actually, based on the truth about the Crusades, Islam as we know it today is merely copying what it saw the Roman Catholic Church do to Islam, Christians, and Jews so many centuries ago.

PW
I listened to the video long enough to find out that it too is part of the church from Rome's revisionism as far as blaming Christians proper for the actions of the RCC.

As far as truth, it is woefully lacking, but it would be a good documentary for a drinking game. Take a sip every time the term Christians is used instead of the term, Roman Catholics.
Very interesting food for thought. Thank you.

It does make it clear that this was conducted under the leadership of the Roman Catholic Church. I think that by using the label of "Christians" in place of "Roman Catholics", that perhaps this is simply laziness on the part of either the narrator, or the producer.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The religion of Roman Catholicism (i.e., the church from Rome) started the Islam we know today
You don't say.

I was under the impression that some crazy guy named Mohammed started it.

He said it was the unchangeable word directly from Allah.

Well except for those verses that the devil tricked him into inserting. (The Satanic Verses)

But those were removed so now it correct.

Anyway, thanks for setting the record straight.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
The religion of Roman Catholicism (i.e., the church from Rome) started the Islam we know today.
Stop it. This is absurd and objectively false.

When people get their "history" from Tom Hanks and Oprah, this is what comes out of their mouths.

Instead, maybe crack open an authoritative source:

https://www.amazon.com/MUSLIM-World’s-Fastest-Growing-Religion/dp/1545900213

https://www.amazon.com/Truth-About-...CEPF9C47WKH&psc=1&refRID=96DBFEANPCEPF9C47WKH

https://www.amazon.com/Politically-...qid=1545992601&sr=1-4&keywords=robert+spencer

In July 2011, Wired reported that two of Spencer’s books were listed in FBI training materials. Both The Truth About Muhammad and The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam were recommended for agents hoping to better understand Islam. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Spencer_(author)

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,827 Posts
Very interesting food for thought. Thank you.

It does make it clear that this was conducted under the leadership of the Roman Catholic Church. I think that by using the label of "Christians" in place of "Roman Catholics", that perhaps this is simply laziness on the part of either the narrator, or the producer.

Just my two cents.
Not laziness in the least, it is intentional and deliberate. Just listen to how many times the term Christian is misapplied. Not "laziness." Anyway, looked into this between 1997 and 2002. Jesuit college professors have an edict to do so.

It is effective too. People who have no clue will most often cite the Crusades as the reason the disagree with Christians (protestants).

·
Registered
438 Posts
You don't say.

I was under the impression that some crazy guy named Mohammed started it.

He said it was the unchangeable word directly from Allah.

Well except for those verses that the devil tricked him into inserting. (The Satanic Verses)

But those were removed so now it correct.

Anyway, thanks for setting the record straight.
Except Allah is the moon god of Mecca who happens to be a demonic prince.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,119 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for posting this. I enjoy these types of documentaries. I have enjoyed watching a British documentary first broadcast in 2005: "When the Moors rule in Europe - History of Islam in Spain". It is presented by the English historian Bettany Hughes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3y-jpY4eI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McYHEz_7cDY
Thanks for that. I'm currently watching another BBC Documentary (just started episode 2), same production/different subject, about the Plantagenets.

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

There is also an episode 3. Will post it when I get there.

·
Registered
43,136 Posts
Except Allah is the moon god of Mecca who happens to be a demonic prince.

I can tell by how they say Allah created the world in six days and sent prophets such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, and Jesus while believing they are decedents of Ishmael. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bgreed

·
Registered
438 Posts
I can tell by how they say Allah created the world in six days and sent prophets such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, and Jesus while believing they are decedents of Ishmael. :rolleyes:
Satan mixes truth with lies to subvert the uneducated. You might want to do some actual reading on the subject written by those 5th hat used to be muslim.

·
Registered
43,136 Posts
Satan mixes truth with lies to subvert the uneducated. You might want to do some actual reading on the subject written by those 5th hat used to be muslim.

Don't worry...

Screenshot_2018-12-27-19-53-19-1.png

1 - 20 of 64 Posts