close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The crazy bathroom antics of "Max" my siamese........

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by ATL Peach Girl, Sep 9, 2004.

1. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Oh this little guy is a hoot..........

He recently started to jump on the top of his litter box which is located right next to the toilet in the bathroom when I am sitting on the throne.........The top of the box puts him on the same level as the toilet. He not only walks to the bathroom when I go in there, he RUNS!!!! "Oh look!!! She is going to the bathroom!! I need to go inspect what is going on"!!!

What he does next just slays me!!! ;P ;P (ready???)

He sticks his WHOLE head in the hole in the seat behind my backside to see what is going on.......;P ;P WTF?????????? (no matter WHAT I am doing, he is back there inspecting!!)

Then the flush takes place and he nearly jumps in and is so engrossed in that whole process........

I would post a pic, but it's only HIM that is interested in what goes on in that toilet when I am on it........

maybe I need to start shutting the bathroom door......;Q ;f

2. blasto

blasto 7 of 9 (lives)

Heh crazy Max!

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

My cats insist on accompying me to the bathroom too. If I lock them out, one will sit next to the door and cry... One of them likes to sit outside the tub while I shower and sing to me.

Strange little critters, that's for sure :)

4. G. Gunman

G. Gunman Draw Varmint!

:) That was sooo ... special! Thanks for sharing! (My Maine Coon insists on following me into the bathroom, too; but, until I read your post, I lacked the courage to admit it!) ;f

My general impression of cats is that they're very, 'group activity orientated'. Maybe if the litter box weren't, also, in the BR these cats wouldn't feel the urge to share the way they do. On the other side of the coin, when I walk my dogs I, also, have to walk my Coon Cat too - and on a leash! Drives the neighbors wild.

Then again, I'm the only person I know who owns a Dachshund that loves to sit behind the firing line at my trap club and watch people shoot! (He's far enough back that the noise isn't harmful to him.) :cool:

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I have never had a litter box in the bathroom so that can't be it. The litterbox is in the basement and heaven forbid I move it. Just dumping the recepticle sends them into a spastic fit! (It is one of the self-cleaning Littermaids so all I have to do is dump the recepticle. Best money I ever spent.)

I have tried teaching mine to walk on a leash. No go. They would rather sit in the floor and swat at the leash. When I tried pulling on it gently, they would tense up and transform their bodies into stiff boards. I finally gave up on that. I do harness them and leash them for trips to the vet as they both like that better than being in a crate. But walking either of them...it'll never happen.

'Group activity oriented', huh? And I just thought cats were nosey :)

6. G. Gunman

G. Gunman Draw Varmint!

:) Maine Coon and Burmese cats are well-known to walk on leashes. Mine learned (with a little coaxing) in less than a week. Both my wife and I have noticed that, 'Einer' likes to be part of the family. Anything that we, all, do together he will join in on. Sometimes he acts like a dog, too!

The only thing, 'Einer' wont join in on is sleeping under the covers with the four of us. Instead he likes to sleep on top of me! Pit Bulls, by the way, make really lousy watchdogs - They're too self-confident. The Maine Coon cat and the Dachshund, on the other hand, will alert to even the smallest noise around the house! The Pit doesn't show any interest until the Dachshund begins to growl - Then, watch out!

Guess which animal runs the house? Not the one you would think! Our place is owned by, 'the little German'! ;f

7. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

my dog...

if i leave the door even cracked, she'll come in and lay by the tub until i leave. if i close it shes fine, i just don't think about it sometimes.

luckily, she doesn't come anywhere near the toilet! ;)

8. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

You really made me laugh G. Gunman!!!

Yes, this siamese of mine sticks his head into the toilet while I am doing my biz.....;P

You are right about cats and groups and packs!!!

9. Glennbo

Glennbo

My cats also seem to feel they must sit and watch me when I go. That's when I'm sitting, which is unnerving enough, but...One of them jumps up on the sink (which is next to the toilet) when I go standing up. Then, at the moment I'm "forced to remain stationary" so to speak, he jumps up onto my shoulders. The first time this happened I sprayed the wall, I was so suprised! Now I just stand there and brace myself for the inevitable leap. Once he's up on my shoulders he watches me go from this urinator's-eye view. When I'm done I have to carefully walk into the other room with him standing on my shoulders. When I sit down in a nearby chair he finally jumps off. The only time he jumps onto my shoulders is while I'm going to the bathroom. I've never heard of a cat doing this before.

10. blasto

blasto 7 of 9 (lives)

I guess after the cat saw what you were doing & then what you did to the wall, maybe he thinksthe safest place to be is on your shoulders?

11. Spen84107

Spen84107

While our cats don't invade our privacy THAT bad, they do insist on watching the water swirl down. They also like to stand inbetween the two sets of curtains while the shower is running...;g

12. Glennbo

Glennbo

;z ;z ;z ;z ;C ;z

13. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I can hardly sit here Glennbo!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

14. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

My cat also thinks it's her business to be in the bathroom while I'm doing my business. She will get in my lap while I'm on the throne, or jump on my shoulders. She jumped on my shoulders once while I was brushing my teeth, wasn't expecting it. At least when she jumps on my shoulders while I'm going potty, I don't spray the wall. If I'm soaking in the tub, she'll crouch on the edge of the tub and dip her paws in the water. She fell in once, the disgruntled look on her face was priceless!

15. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

My miniature dachshund follows me to the bathroom almost every single time. If you dare try to close the door, she'll sit outside and whine to get in there with you. She does this to my mom when she stays with them too.

G. Gunman--my doxie gets all excited and starts jumping around when my dad puts load into the 12-gauge. She knows he's about to go out to the garden and shoot something and it means she gets to sniff the dead prey when he's done (how nutty is that?).

16. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Love all the stories!!! Keep' em coming!!!!!!!! ;c