The Cops Making Too Much Noise Shooting!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Oct 21, 2020.

1. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Looks like the ammo shortage hasn't put a damper on the Police shooting down in Southern Maine. A few idjits whining about the noise from a shooting range that has been there 20 years. The story doesn't mention it. but I'd be willing to wager that those griping about the noise moved into the area after the range was there.
    Also would bet they have BLM and Biden signs on their lawns.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/10...to-find-new-gun-range-after-noise-complaints/
    Brunswick police asked to find new gun range after noise complaints

TOPSHAM, Maine — For nearly 20 years, Brunswick police have shared Topsham’s gun range, but now they’ve been asked to find another place to shoot.

Police in both towns admit that this has been an especially busy year at the gun range, and all those gunshots have gotten on the nerves of two neighbors who live within earshot of the range.

When target practicing at a gun range, officers wear ear protection, but two neighbors who live near the Topsham Gun Range say this year, the noise became unbearable.

Mary Strout says it’s impossible for young children to nap.

“It seems like hundreds, because they’re going through a box or more of bullets,” Strout said.

Ed Caron runs the Topsham Transfer Station where the range is located.

“For us, it’s not a problem,” Caron said. “We’re used to it. “

Two other neighbors say the noise doesn’t bother them, but it does bother the Strouts, who say the noise is much worse since the criminal justice academy closed due to the pandemic.

Brunswick and Topsham police had no choice but to use this range for all their training and certifications.

“The shooting was being done in accordance with the terms of the permits given for the firing range over the years, but just the volume was bothering them,” Topsham Assistant Town Manager Mark Waltz said.

2. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6 Fullclip's Life Matters! FLM!!

yep, we have the same situation here. Shooting range built in the sticks, suburbs grow and encompass said range, moonbats who bought these homes around the range complain, range needs to throttle back and burdened with tons of new regulations.

This is the problem with mob rules. They buy cheap land coz it's around a range, then strong arm the range to close or at worse throttle back coz they don't like the noise.

GcB, railfancwb, 1bigK and 7 others like this.

3. UncleDave

UncleDave

"Mary Strout says it’s impossible for young children to nap."

Little kids can sleep through anything. I think the noise just bothers Mary Strout and she's making excuses for her NIMBY-ism.

You know, there is this thing called "Due Diligence" which is very important to practice when looking to buy property.

4. Tvov

Tvov

Yep, my club is very careful about neighbors. All except for one are good. There is always "that guy"... Shooting hours on weekends start at 10am. Unofficial club rule is to not start until 10:05am. If you start shooting at 9:58am, the neighbor calls the police.

The club is always interested in buying surrounding property, but in my area the house / property values are so high it is very difficult to do.

1bigK, FullClip and Caver 60 like this.
  5. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

6. pgg00

pgg00

Reminds me of those that buy near airports and complain about the noise

7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

The Police, Sheriff dept have a decent range. Like most it’s in remote area, old gravel pit. Signs around.
    People buy land, build houses. It’s a known.
    But once they move in they complain. One idiot comes onto range property waving crap. So a training group must cease fire, get over and have him leave. Wasting a dozen Officers training time. So they are looking at a still remote area that I know. Thing is it’s 50 miles from county seat..
    Next county has a excellent range not 15 miles from county seat. So when asked I suggested they check into using that.
    The issue? As it’s outside county. They can’t have on duty Deputies training. If there is a incident there could be lawsuits because they are outside county.

8. John_AZ

John_AZ

I think it would be cheaper and easier to just buy those officer suppressors for their rifles. Also prevents hearing injuries. Problem solved. Suppressed SBRs and sub-guns for every officer.

badge315, larry_minn and SWFlGuy like this.
  9. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

If the residents were there before the shooting range was built, they have a legitimate reason to complain.

But if the range was there before the residents bought their homes, the residents need to STFU. If they were too stupid to take the location of the range into consideration when they bought their homes, that's not the range's problem.

GcB, Cubdriver, railfancwb and 5 others like this.
  10. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

11. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

Dear Ms. Strout,

Kindly go suck an egg and then blow it out your ear.

Sincerely, TGYK

12. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

The prison unit where I worked was out in the boonies. They had a firing range on the property where shooting took place nearly every day. They WANTED the Offenders to hear the firing as a warning.

They did the same thing with the tracking dogs. The kennel was close to the prison unit and the hounds made racket constantly. It was also a warning.

Incidentally, scent was placed in the Offender laundry. If we had a runner, the dogs tracked that scent instead of collecting Offender personal items for scent.

Flash

13. Mcsorleyprobert

Mcsorleyprobert

Hahahahah

Do you want some cheese with that whine?

give em all ar’s and 10ga’s!!

We have had a shotgun skeet range 1.5 miles from me in the mid 70’s til present... can’t hear I
    Is til now.
    I would count the shots as a kid in bed, and next thing I knew it was morning. Not as much these days as it’s houses now between us, back as a kid, only corn and bean alternating crops, so I would hear the shots I til about 10-ish pm.

Better than sheep!

jimcorbin likes this.
  14. rogn

rogn real dogs

Isnt that one way to identify your PFAs?
    Probably the same people who call the police when a skunk wanders across the lawn and complain because they dont get there fast enough.

FullClip likes this.
  15. ede

ede

Looking at Google Maps it doesn't look like the closest homes are all that close plus there's trees to help with the noise.

FullClip likes this.
  16. BigBull 301

BigBull 301

People are idiots........That is all.

17. lazarus66

lazarus66

The same things happen with drag strips. They build them out in the country and then people surround them and start *****ing about the noise.

railfancwb and FullClip like this.
  18. nerr

nerr

But if they were there before the range, they probably can't hear the noise anyway :)

19. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A

They should have a training day with m44 mosins and a few K rnds!

20. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

Same thing is happening here in Cincinnati. The range was built back at the end of World War II, and it was considered way out in the country then. Now it is all heavily packed suburbs. They want it gone, but the city doesn’t want to buy any property or build a new one. It will all end up in court, more of the taxpayers money wasted.

FullClip likes this.