The Commonwealth has fallen—Virginia is no more

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by xTerpx, Nov 5, 2019.

1. JFrame

JFrame

Oh, trust me -- I'm not wishing for anything. :)

What I want is something to light a fire under all conservatives, and act as if their Constitutional rights mattered to them. o_O

serve_and_protect, treg and Valmet like this.
  2. UncleDave

UncleDave

It's funny how, when Lefties win control of a city/state/country, right away people cry, "We're doomed! They're going to destroy us all!" What do you mean, "going to?" You were already doomed before the election. Election results are a symptom, not a cause. They are a reflection of the current mindset of the electorate, not the cause of it.

This fight can no longer be won at the ballot box, that much should be painfully clear by now.

GlockWheeler, fx77, IvanVic and 2 others like this.

3. xTerpx

xTerpx

I haven't been following global warming very closely lately, but are we sure the entire world isn't going to be gone by then?

In other news, this just in:

Gov. Ralph Northam laid out his vision Wednesday for a changing Virginia a day after Democrats seized control of the General Assembly for the first time in more than two decades.

Northam, speaking at a Cabinet meeting, promised swift action on a host of liberal policy proposals, with a particular emphasis on gun control measures.

He said Democratic gains were largely powered by voters who wanted to see commonsense gun laws enacted and noted that Republicans adjourned a special session earlier this year called in response to a mass shooting in Virginia Beach in less than 90 minutes “with no results.”

“The landscape has changed,” Northam said. (me: Translation—we have a mandate)

Democratic leaders say Virginians should also expect a higher minimum wage and greater abortion rights after their gains Tuesday. They also promised ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment, making Virginia the final state needed for possible passage of the gender equality measure.

4. xTerpx

xTerpx

I respectfully disagree; they are probably using this site to compile the first 100 names to make the red-flag list. They'll love GT and gun-related forums and encourage gun owners to use them.

serve_and_protect likes this.
  5. JFrame

JFrame

Another thought... We need a leaner and meaner Virginia GOP.

This current one is a tired and lazy good ol' boys club comprised of swamp rats who are too used to feeding off the D.C. pickings. They don't know how to appeal to the changing demographics, and frankly, I'm not sure they care. They're content to be the "loyal opposition," and play kabuki theater -- as long as they "get theirs."

We need a commonwealth version of Donald Trump.

6. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Here is a message from Everytown for Gun Safety Victory Fund-

...we went big in Virginia and elected a Gun Sense Majority to Virginia's General Assembly yesterday. Not only did we beat the NRA in their own home state, but these victories will ensure that Gun Sense Candidates will now hold the power to pass legislation to protect families in the Commonwealth from gun violence.

In the wake of the Virginia Beach shooting this past spring, Republicans sided with the gun lobby instead of passing stronger gun laws — and it cost them their jobs. Make no mistake: voters in Virginia just delivered a powerful message to NRA-backed politicians up and down the ballot that we are going to throw them out.

The results in Virginia just gave a huge momentum boost for gun safety in the 2020 elections. But only if we have the resources to keep winning. And with the NRA's political action committee on pace to raise a record amount of money this year, we need your help to make sure we can keep beating the gun lobby and the candidates they have in their pocket.

xTerpx likes this.
  7. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

The Constitution means nothing in the Age of Apathy. Just words on paper.

Quigley, serve_and_protect and Bus007 like this.
  8. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

I understand! :cheers:

JFrame likes this.
  9. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Thanks for the information Grumpy Old Man!

Arkansas sounds great!!

You are very fortunate to live there!