The Commonwealth has fallen—Virginia is no more

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by xTerpx, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Cambo

Cambo

A fact you celebrated in another thread, the one where the mother was transitioning her 7 year old son. You said it was all okay, nature taking its course, if the child wants it, why not? Then I asked you what the difference was between that and pedophilia(if the child wants it), a question you never answered.

Quigley and JFrame like this.
  2. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

As goes Virginia, so goes America. Just gonna take a little longer.

The public education system is churning out progressives like a pez machine.

3. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

washington dc should annex in northern VA, you have to wipe the deep state off your shoes up that way ...southern VA is like a different planet in comparison

BOOSTED12A and DonGlock26 like this.
  4. MFC4

MFC4

:goodpost:

serve_and_protect likes this.
  5. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

Climate in NW AR is like MO. Sometimes big moves are the best ones, allows a cleaner break with the past. Idaho and Montana are also states I would look at.

Big thing is that the wave of "change" requires big cities that lefties will feel comfortable in, because the upper middle class leftards are the real weapon that the progs use to take a state. So, for example, IL is a largely rural state filled with good people who are mostly pro-gun. But Chicago lefties run the show. Same sort of deal in NY state, and I can see signs of this BS taking hold in TX and OK at some point. Problem is the big cities, they get filled with progressive carpet-baggers and those ****ers are like the ever-ready bunny of politics.

Grumpy
    PS Small towns filled with "bitter clingers", lots of churches, and open carry are like Kryptonite to liberals. Anywhere the locals feel comfortable displaying the Stars 'n Bars or a MAGA hat is a good sign that leftards ain't in control. If you feel comfortable in that surrounding, its something worth considering. As soon as you start seeing things that attract upper-middle class limo-liberals, there's trouble on the horizon.

serve_and_protect likes this.
  6. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Sure we could all retreat down to Arkansas but then what? Just sit there and wait them out? You'll he surrounded by leftist states and the whole country will turn blue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

8. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

That is a valid point, but consider that you will be living in a place where you have to put up with:
    1. universal background checks (back door registration)
    2. a ban on "assault weapons" (modern style firearms), standard-capacity magazines, etc.
    3. one-handgun-a-month law
    4. require lost and stolen firearms be reported to police within 24 hours (cuts down on "boating accidents" which is why they always push that one with the UBC)
    5. no preemption of BS local ordinances that pop up when leftards take a local city council and get frisky
    6. "safe storage" laws that will make you lock up your safety
    7. "Red Flag" laws that make your 2A rights into privileges

Like I said, if gunowners want to stay behind enemy lines with all that entails, I really do wish 'em good luck and hope their lives don't turn into hell under the leftards. For me, IL's increasingly draconian approach to gun rights forced me to look outside the state and when I found a gig that would pay the bills, I left. My blood pressure went down - a lot - and my remaining time on this earth is less stressful and more enjoyable as a result.

Best,
    Grumpy

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    serve_and_protect and Gray_Rider like this.
  9. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Nobody wants to be behind enemy lines but so far all gun owners are doing is retreating. That is a losing tactic and we are quickly running out of places to retreat to so what do you do when there is no where left to retreat to?

SmithModelOne likes this.
  10. SmithModelOne

SmithModelOne

Precisely. So many gun owners are acting like a bunch of entitled snowflakes right now. Their party loses an election and they act like it's the apocalypse.

Dems have had power before and they'll have power again. Now is the time to hunker down and make plans to reassert the political control that gun owners have asserted so many times before.

Mike

11. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Stonewall Jackson.

12. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Ok, so let's shed a little light on this gloom and doom party we got going on here. While Virginia turned officially blue last night, that doesn't mean all hope is lost. Any gun control measure is still going to have a difficult time passing as Dems in more moderate districts are going to be leary of supporting the draconian measures that Coonman Ralph is proposing.

And then there are the total numbers of voters last night. As pointed out, more Republicans came to the polls last night, which is not uncommon in non-Presidential elections. So where's the upside in that you ask, well Uncle Dale is here to tell you. I am predicting that 2020 is going to have record low Democrat turnout while Republican and moderate right-leaning independent turnout is going to be massive, and you can take that to the bank. I guarantee it. Once Eugenics Ralph's one term is up, VA will have a Republican governor again, you can bet on it.

So cheer up GT Dominion residents, all hope is not lost. It may just be a long year of Coonman feeling emboldened but that's the worst you're going to have to deal with.

13. xTerpx

xTerpx

...more than when VA raised the tranny flag in Congress?

trans-flag.jpg

Grumpy_old_man likes this.
  14. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

Not entirely true that all we're doing is retreating. If anyone thinks Kali, IL, or NY can be retaken by conservatives, then more power to 'em and I wish 'em luck....but they're wrong.

Conservatives need to gather in states where we hold power and make life as miserable for leftards in those places as they do for us where they rule, be just as petty about making them miserable to keep 'em out as they do to us. Otherwise you're right, we do risk losing the whole shebang to 'em. Enforce the drug laws in those states so that the lefties that want their "medical" weed will all have felonies on 'em and be unable to vote. Make abortions so hard to get that the lefties will not want to pollute our states with their presence.

We're in a cultural war and the war on our gun rights is only part of it. Right now we're losing the culture war because only one side was really fighting, but there are still places where there's hope. I prefer to live in one, but like I said, I really do hope that conservatives behind enemy lines will be able to survive unincarcerated. Anyone that wants to hunker down and ride it out, needs to realize that if they agitate for conservative causes and keep guns or accessories that are no longer allowed there, they will be singled out, so the only safe way for a gunowner to keep his things there will be to go "gray" and remain silent, stop the political fight completely.

Grumpy

wcb6092 likes this.
  15. xTerpx

xTerpx

I stopped reading there and said NO WAY. Few things resonate with voters more than 90 days before an election. They just won and will take their self-proclaimed mandate and run with it...and run quickly.

They will stand in solidarity proclaiming to 'have heard the people' and taking the action for which they were elected. Mark my words.

PS: ...but I hope 'Uncle Dale' is right, though it's clear VA supports the Klansman currently occupying Richmond.

Grumpy_old_man likes this.
  16. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A

I will not retreat! But man this sucks.

17. scattershot

scattershot

18. redrick

redrick

Welcome to the Communist
    State of Virginia. Virginia is for Communist.

I am so sad today.

Quigley likes this.
  19. xTerpx

xTerpx

Please remit double the personal property taxes for this 1/2 of the year, too, boys...cuts into the ammo budget and helps limit the amount of ammo in circulation.

20. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

There were More republican votes than dem votes yesterday. I dont think Virginia as a whole supports him and I think the turnout reflects that. I do however, think that their gerrymandering worked as intended.