The Commonwealth has fallen—Virginia is no more

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by xTerpx, Nov 5, 2019.

1. kbrGlock

kbrGlock

A new power is rising.

2. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Not saying that I wont move but states are dropping like flies. Even if a few of them hold out the others will take them down via federal laws. Virginia has been at the leading edge of freedom in 2 major wars on American soil and now they've fallen to statists.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

G17Jake, Maccabeus, Cambo and 2 others like this.

3. nursetim

nursetim

NC will be falling next.

Quigley likes this.
  4. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

If conservatives are looking for a solid pro-gun state, I suggest Arkansas. Big population centers are the key to the leftards taking over a state and AR doesn't have any unless you count Little Rock. Fayetteville is a hotbed of lefties because of the college there but overall AR looks like a good haven for conservatives. If the weather down by Louisiana is too harsh, consider NW AR, up by Rogers or Bella Vista. Plenty of smaller towns or rural real estate available and people there like their guns, won't take nicely to some damn' carpetbaggers bringing gun control BS with 'em.

Grumpy

5. Naelbis

Naelbis

I give it about a day before Monument Ave (and pretty much every CSA monument in the state) come down...kiss mags with more than 10 rounds goodbye and welcome your abortion on demand up until 10 mins after birth. Probably make it child abuse to tell your kids there are only two genders too.

6. SmithModelOne

SmithModelOne

I'll say it: I'm not upset in the least.

This is precisely the kick in the ass that gun owners have needed to get off of their lethargic, whining asses. How many people who are complaining about this have actually gone to the local state house to talk to their representatives about gun rights? How many of them show up at committee hearings to oppose bad legislation (and to support good legislation)? How many of them write letters to the editor? The "Trump Slump" was and continues to be very real, and our political opponents are licking their chops.

Yes, I suspect there's a few people here that are politically active, but there are lots that aren't. Look at the sheer numbers alone: Virginia has approximately 2.5 million gun owners. How many of them didn't vote today? More than a few, I'm guessing, based on the outcome.

Michael Bloomberg has been pouring millions of dollars into this election. He has an army of paid shills that will do his bidding, for little more than a feeling of actual agency and empowerment in the world: the dopamine rush that really fuels Moms Demand Action and every other shill organization that he owns. There's only one way to combat this: real grassroots organization. Shoe leather in the halls of our state legislatures, county and municipal governments. Stand and be heard.

A quick story, and I'll get off my soapbox. Earlier this year we had some red flag legislation being tossed around in the Louisiana legislature. It was going to a particularly important senate committee meeting, and the Moms were there with an impressive showing of about a dozen people -- pretty good for such a Deep South red state. In contrast, the NRA had one token representative.

A small pro-2A grassroots organization in New Orleans had over seventy people in attendance. SEVENTY. We packed the room, and it became absolutely clear that this legislation was going nowhere that day. That didn't happen because of social media or slick flyers; it happened because people got on the phone and encouraged their friends to come out. They organized carpools and did the hard work of getting warm bodies to the legislature.

None of us were bought and paid for by a New York billionaire. We didn't have fancy T shirts designed by a big city advertising agency. What we did have was everyday people standing up and saying NO, and it was heard with resounding clarity; that legislation died on the vine that day.

Get out and organize, people. I know the NRA is a dumpster fire right now, but there are good pro-2A organizations in every state in the union that desperately need your help. Yes, once in a while it'll mean taking a vacation day to go to your state legislature, but isn't freedom worth a bit of inconvenience?

Please, use Virginia as a wake-up call. We've fought these battles against Democratic legislatures before and we'll have to do it again, but those battles can only be fought when gun owners actually show up.

And a warm thank you to those that are already politically active. Please, don't stop fighting.

Mike

7. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

When the Left takes over the country your haven gets a million welfare cheats imported from Somalia and Pakistan. There is nowhere to run to, no sanctuary that can't be destroyed by "hope and change".

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  8. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

They've taken the state legislature. F***.

Quigley likes this.
  9. kbrGlock

kbrGlock

Texas falls in 2020.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  10. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

I’ve never been more ashamed to be a Virginian.

Gray_Rider, RussP, xTerpx and 4 others like this.
  11. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

I am afraid that Georgia will soon go D, too.

The demographics are changing drastically.

And almost all the immigrants are voting D.

The Democrats started planning for this decades ago, by building Hartsfeld Jackson Airport in Atlanta, and the Research Triangle Park in NC. They deliberately intended to flood these states with D voting newcomers.

Gray_Rider, Quigley and nursetim like this.
  12. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

And it will get even worse with all the 25,000+ Amazon employees who will be moving in and voting D.

But hey, at least we will have the "great economic growth" and "lots of great new jobs" that the RINOs care about so much.

Quigley likes this.
  13. nursetim

nursetim

And good eating establishments, leftists/hippies do good food generally speaking.

xTerpx and Quigley like this.
  14. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Yeah there were more Republican votes.

According to WaPo:

"So far 821,269 Democratic votes, 858,971 Republican votes and 55,184 votes for other candidates have been counted statewide for all House of Delegates races."

Unfortunately the Democrat gerrymandering worked.

Gray_Rider, Quigley and JFrame like this.
  15. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

I'm seriously considering moving to West Virginia. At least WV will remain free for a few more years, until the Democrats overrun WV too.

The main thing keeping me from moving the WV is job opportunities. There are lots of job opportunities in VA. I'm not sure what's available in WV.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  16. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Don't give up hope yet.

The one thing in our favor is that the Democrats have a weak field.

For some reason, they are ignoring their strongest candidate (Kamala), and supporting Creepy Joe, Marxist Bernie, Pocahontas Warren, and the homosexual mayor guy.

I don't know why they are ignoring Kamala, but it's good for us.

17. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Thanks! I will take a look at Arkansas!

That would be a big move for me though.

Grumpy_old_man and B C like this.
  18. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

This guy gets it.

Demographics are destiny.

Quigley likes this.
  19. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

Virginia's about to become less of an American state than it was in 1862 it seems.

Quigley likes this.
  20. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

Sad. -The word of the day.

serve_and_protect and FullClip like this.